Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My son eats and leaves the dirty dishes in the sink expecting me to wash them.

His argument is as follows:
    They are MY dirty dishes (ie I bought and paid for them) so I should be responsible for them.

I got them dirty (when I put his food on them) so I should wash them!

LOL
    Not to worry, I got him to wash them. But, that kid makes me laugh.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Since the subject came up ....

LOL - My husband often makes a mess cooking while I'm out, and when I return and comment nastily about all the dirty dishes he should have washed, he tells me that he did me a "favor" by letting them soak for me .

Soak? What kind of lame excuse is that ?
    There isn't even any water on them !

I'm convinced that the person who invented the method of "soaking the dishes " instead of washing them right away , was nothing but a lazy slob with quick thinking

Hmmm... you own the dishes so it's your responsibility to clean them... the dishes have been carefully set in the sink to soak. I'll have to remember those!

Guys don't like to do dishes. I can vouch for that. In every place I've ever lived I always make sure I've got a dishwasher. Rinse, toss 'em in, flip the switch, and I'm done.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank - UrbanScooters.com:
    Guys don't like to do dishes. I can vouch for that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I do okay with it, if I do the plate right after I eat, but if it grows to 2 plates (usually happens within 2 days) then the next time they're done is when I run out plates and/or when I can't fit the coffee pot under the tap

A friend of mine used to stop at garage sales and buy boxes of plates cheap, then just throw them out after he ate

ABW Ambassador
    Frank,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Guys don't like to do dishes. I can vouch for that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a little news flash for all the guys bored enough to read this stupid thread :

NO ONE DOES !

If you do see someone you love happily washing dishes , especially if laughing alone ... regard it as the first sign that your loved one is on the verge of a mental breakdown and do not hesitate to seek help for them ASAP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A friend of mine used to stop at garage sales and buy boxes of plates cheap, then just throw them out after he ate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell your friend he is a smart fellow!

I don't mind doing it and It just amazed me the first time I saw a dishwasher, washing machine and the dryer!

The first word out of my mind is
    "ONLY IN AMERICA"

I don't usually use the dishwasher because by the time I put them in the dishwasher it's all cleaned up!

But since I work on pc I love it!

speaking of dishes, mine is filing up!
    better do them before the hubby wakes up.
    geez...

what else others do, besides working on the websites and hanging around here?

need to start a new section on what everybody do other than sit in front of their PC and working?

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hello....can we say paperplate???

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    Paper plates, paper cups, paper towels.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Dishes! Damn! I knew I had something else to do.

!grumble grumble!

Woz

ABW Ambassador
    I always thought putting them in the sink was "helping" too... better than leaving them in the living room or something!

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What BLFH and Trust said. Washing dishes is a form of w*rk.

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What dishes? Me and Charlie eat strickly out of bowls. Mine is marked Animal and his is labeled Bird. No problem getting them clean as they're stainless steel. I do get to pull rank and have one spoon -fork and huge coffee mug. During warm weather just cook everything on the grill next to the trash can.

In wintertime just have one huge iron pot, like BLFH and SSanf and try and eat out of it with a spoon. If all else fails eat out!

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In wintertime just have one huge iron pot, like BLFH and SSanf and try and eat out of it with a spoon. If all else fails eat out!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

&lt;~~~ eats out instead of doing dishes yes. does not eat out of an iron pot. You must stop spreading all these rumors Mike. LOL

I would just like to clarify a few misconceptions that folks may have from some of Mikes posts here and in the past.

I am not the Queen of New Orleans who is a transvestite stipper in a wheelchair working in the French Quarter who eats alligator out of an iron pot.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    BLFH- I'm doing a visual BLOCK right now. Confession is good for the soul, you know, you don't have to be embarrassed, LOL.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am not the Queen of New Orleans who is a transvestite stipper in a wheelchair working in the French Quarter who eats alligator out of an iron pot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> What DO you eat out of that iron pot, then, your heiness?

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ..."I am not the Queen of New Orleans who is a transvestite stipper in a wheelchair working in the French Quarter who eats alligator out of an iron pot."

That image leaves me to wonder if you and SSanf aren't some kind of ABW tag team seeking TV coverage in the next WWF BHO special. OOOps ...thats HBO special.

I'm just a confused guy. BLFH ( we all guessed on those call letters) hates Gator and loves Essential Apparel. She pushes wheelchairs and exercise equipment on her site and frequents the French Quarter. A place known worldwide for having the best looking sleezy broads.... all of them switch hitters.

A photo opportunity at the next affiliate summit would sure clear up all this confusion.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I got them dirty (when I put his food on them) so I should wash them! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell your son he has a good point and that you are going to stop putting food on your dishes.

I do the dishes in my household, and Mrs Dynamoo thinks that she's "helping" if she stacks them up as high as she can in a bowl full of greasy cold water.

I discovered that we have a demarkation line in the (very small) kitchen. She gets the end with the cooker, fridge-freezer and store cupboard, I get the end with the sink, draining board, kettle and wastebin. It's physically difficult to pass in our kitchen because if its size

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    I love to do the dishes, if gives the wife time to do the laundry.

IamJaloppy

I'm getting some great ideas from this thread...

like the 'buy lots of cheap plates and throw them away' idea...

I feel like I spend most of my working day trying to keep several plates spinning simultaneously...

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    I got them dirty (when I put his food on them) so I should wash them!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simple - stop making his food for him

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

I didn't know people still washed dishes by hand, has to be 3 years since I've done them that way lol

Leader is my hero.

ABW Ambassador
    Paper cups and paper plates, use those to put my burgers, hot dogs, and steak on when i grill, and i eat at Wendys alot

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    My wife and I both hate doing dishes. We don't have dishwasher connections in the kitchen (yet) but we have a dishwasher (still in box, excellent clutter collector).

We use paper plates and plastic cups whenever possible. Cleaning pans isn't a problem, those are big and take all of two minutes to wash and dry. Plates and cups suck, b/c they are small and you don't notice until you have a stack of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast