Hello all abestweb members and companys.

Most of you know me from cj's discussion boards and understand that I have been a big

supporter of donating to non-profit organizations. some of you leader, heyder and others may remember the story of otis that we helped give a second chance after being neglected and abandoned and abused by there owners. no pet big or small should be apart of such pain.
    so I am am doing a Donation fundraiser and hope you all would help in anyway you can afford.

The Santa Cruz S.p.C.A in Santa Cruz, CA is in major financial trouble right now. you may read all the storys about what happened at

http://www.santa-cruz.com/archive/20...es/01local.htm

http://www.santa-cruz.com/archive/20...es/09local.htm

http://www.santa-cruz.com/archive/20...es/01local.htm

http://www.santa-cruz.com/archive/20...es/03local.htm

http://www.santa-cruz.com/archive/20...es/02local.htm

they have been in business for over 80 years and they will be focusing on animal cruelity education, spay and neuter and others.

There URL is at http://www.santacruzspca.org

you may donate $ by following

https://www.applyweb.com/public/contribute?scspca

we hope some of you will make a difference and donate at least $1 to help them out. lets see if we have 8,000 members here. $1 for each member will lead to $8000 donated, hmm $25 multiply that by at least 6,000 members: over $120,000!

Our sites will be doing a major donation fundraiser to help them out. some of you may wonder why am I doing this? I want to be missed for making a difference. $ doesn't buy happiness all the time.

If any companys from linkshare, cj, befree, shareasale or others would be willing to help some way with our new project send us a private message here at abestweb.

Again to make a difference go to https://www.applyweb.com/public/contribute?scspca

note: haiko if you feel this is un-acceptable to your forum, then feel free to remove it. I'm just making a difference.

note: Santa Cruz S.P.C.A is a registered non-profit organization for your information.

Thanks,

"I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." -- Mark Twain

Jason
    Santa Cruz

[This message was edited by jasonco12 on May 07, 2003 at 04:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by jasonco12 on May 07, 2003 at 04:45 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I do not know an animal protective league in the nation that is financially stable, most not for the reasons listed in the article. I am sorry, but I really would not suggest donating to your issue, instead suggest people donate to their local shelters.

To quote from your articles:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>County supervisors took no action on recouping more than $750,000 in misspent public money from the Santa Cruz SPCA Tuesday. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If bureaucracy surrounding your shelter will not step up and take action, and it has such a history of mismanagement, it will just be pouring downt the hole good money after bad. Where will the money go? To pay off bad debt?

There is still a shelter run by the county, why not support that instead?

Chet

I disagree with that. I was a seven year volunteer and worked there. the money went to the animals except one executive director (wife and husbad) who made the shelter broke. which I am upset about. the bussines was in operation for over 80 years. which tells you something!

"I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." -- Mark Twain

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe you could hook up with iGive...

I suggest people keep their money and buy themselves a nice rare steak... or the local pound if you feel the need to part with your hard earned $$.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

igive is a parasite so no way. does anyone know any software that may be good that doesn't overwrite links?

jason

Jason
    Santa Cruz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    I suggest people keep their money and buy themselves a nice rare steak...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've always happily shared my rare steaks with the various dogs I've rescued from the local shelters over the years. No offense Jason, but I can't think of any reason to send money to a local shelter 3000 miles away when I can walk into any number of local ones and hand them a check, cash, or a helping hand via a pooper scooper or an adoption.

I should keep this to myself but I wouldn't donate a red cent to an animal shelter when there are people in this world needing help.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose." Jack Handy

oh okay...

Jason
    Santa Cruz

People have more opportunity to take care of themseleves than an animal does. Animals would not be in the situation they are if it were not for people. I work in a poor neighboorhood where people neglect their animals and let them breed. Many of them keep winding up on our doorstep. It is very hard to find a shelter to take them, they are all overcrowded.

hello Jane, Does this mean you support my cause or your with the other abestweb members on this issue?

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Hi Jason I am sorry to hear about the problem.

As much as I love animal, I can't help (money wise) you.

I think you need to approach this issue on other way.
    you might get lucky getting some help here.

but I think the state needs to do some kind a televise ask people to donate.

I agree with Jane it's human that is not being human that did this to animals.
    they seem to only like the cute puppies and kitties and when they are not puppy anymore they don't want the resposibility anymore!

sad but it's true.

I have a page for animal information on my personal page. I can add a link there for yah!

I'm sorry if that's all I can do for you, but If I have extra change I would be glad to help!

Good luck and don't give up on what your doing for these creature!

"God Bless the United States Arm Forces"

Thank god for them protecting us and live our life safely in a daily basis!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I did a site for a shelter here several years ago. A new board member decided the place wasn't being run right and there was a hostile take over. The local wolf rescue went broke and was shut down. So you can see there is trouble all over. Just adopted a rescued dog in Jan and today gave a bath to the flea ridden puppy on our doorstep at work. Imagine we will take up a collection and take her to the SPCA. That is always our last resort if we can't find a home or no-kill shelter. So yes I support what you are doing. Do all you can for the animals, but I have my own charity cases here.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread