ABW Ambassador
    Just working late and i noticed my dog sleepwalks, i think. Anybody have a pet that does this? Usually when my dog sleeps, my gf says she dreams and you can see her paws twitching and eyes going crazy. Just now my dog started barking and shes Sometimes she walks around and starts digging into the carpet while her eyes are closed and when i pet her it seems she wakes up with that look, the one where you wake up and it takes awhile to figure out where you are and what time it is. Pretty funny stuff, i should tape it.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Hehehehe...

Sounds funny. You could definetely get some $$$ selling that tape to a Funny Homevideo TV program (if you get them there - course you do).

One of my dogs does not sleep walk but is a little mad. He starts trying to dig in the dining room - the floor is tiled. Often wondered what is burried in that spot

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Hope it is prehistoric dinosaurs fossil

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

ABW Ambassador
    Its actually probably just a big pile of sh@t. Here in Tenerife they dont use sewers. When they build a house, they drill down until they come to a natural cave. Then they build the toilet on top.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe its that w*tch ...

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, he does not sleepwalk, but My Dog Has Two Names

( a brief essay about a dog-in-car trip from hell )

I drank what??! -Socrates

Mine does the same thing, weird thing is that she growls and barks while asleep but not when she's awake. The funniest is when a sudden noise wakes her up ... her face looks like she was out partying the night before.

=========
    EC,

Been there with the puppy poopie and vomit also ... it's all true!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Charlie mumbles and squacks sometimes while naping but never looses his perch footing.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Don't think my dog sleep walks. Of course, if he was doing his normal awake activity while sleep walking, I really wouldn't be able to tell, since it's laying motionless on the couch for hours on end.

He is however a big fan of very loud snoring.

EC...too funny. I think I would rather have the mess to clean up in the car than like one dog I had who was prone to car sickness. Dog would hurl. By the time I found got the car pulled over to clean it up, it would have magically disappeared and the dog would be happily sitting in the back seat licking her lips. Then it would be me who was standing beside the car feeling the need to a good hurl.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

EC, that was a hilarious story.

We are lucky to have a very good doggy - except for occasionally tearing up toilet paper off the roll. We'll come home to what looks like heaven - our dog, perched atop white, fluffy toilet paper clouds. Allll over the house. She's lucky she's adorable.

Maggie (Maggie McAllister D'Puppy, our Cardigan Welsh Corgi) also digs, whines, runs, barks, and drools in her sleep. We think it's hysterical. She's actually run herself off the couch a few times, and woken up scared to death, tail between her legs, as if we pushed her. Our cat just yawns and thinks we're insane.

And let's not even get into dogs loving cat poop. Especially the "crunchy" (aka, litter encrusted) kind.

-patrice

- - - - -
    And let's not even get into dogs loving cat poop. Especially the "crunchy" (aka, litter encrusted) kind.
    - - - - -

ewwww.....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patrice - eastwoodcompany.com:
    - except for occasionally tearing up toilet paper off the roll.
    -patrice<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone know why they do that? Both our dogs take toilet rolls from the bathroom and do the same. They also take used tissues from the bin and serviettes from the the table.

Come to think of it, your story reminded me when we lived in Madrid. We came home from work one day and thought it had snowed. Our garden was covered in white. On closer inspection we found the empty cover of our garden furniture cushions. Golfe (our big dog - though still a baby then) had destroyed our plush furniture cushions and shken the small pieces of white sponge everywhere. He was a nightmare when he was small. Ate the sofa and took a bite out of our matress. At the age of 3 he is calming own a bit now - thank goodness.

Andy Williams

Our neighbors dog used to collect welcome mats. Ours disappeared one time, and I wandered over, thinking perhaps he had taken it, his owner opened the door and said, "Which one?"......there were 13 welcome mats in her entrance. Sometimes, I don't think dogs even know why they do things...... it's just because they're dogs, I guess, lol.

ABW Ambassador
    EC - LOL.

Reminds me of a joke:

Why do (male) dogs like their balls?

Because they can.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Our dog is good for exterminating. We live close to the woods so we get all kinds of weird bugs. Don't know what kind of bug, some kind of beetle or cricket, that is around for 2 weeks in the spring, all over the place, they throw themselves against the windows. So when i go out to the garage, i let the dog go first to clear it out. We call her the "Cricket Hunter" She loves moths too.

BLFH my dog does same thing, sometimes gets sick, and sometimes i pretend i don't see anything and it magically disappears.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Our dog is good for exterminating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes!!! Golfo is a champion rat catcher and pest control. In the past when we go out for walks he has caught a rat (hidning in a rock wall where we live), and a couple of lizards. I discourage the lizard thing, but he is so damn fast.

I remember living in Madird (again, yes - sorry). We lived in the country and rats were a problem. We had some move into our chalet. One night the dogs were going wild at the back door, so I got out of bed in my boxers and let them in. No sooner did I do that than two rats came charging out of the kitchen into the hallway and hid under the furniture in the hall. The dogs stood guard over the furniture. I closed the kitchen door to shut off their retreat. Next, I ran to the door, the dogs had come in from earlier and opened it. The rats made a dash for freedom. Golfo took pursuit. After a few minutes (I went to get some clothes on and find a torch), I shone the torch into the garden. There was Golfo with his whole backside moving as he wagged his tail, a big grin on his face. "Look what I got master" - a long thin tail hanging from his mouth. He dropped it on his excitment of seeing me, and the rat ran off. Golfo went after it. I went back to bed. During the week that followed, I found two rat corpses in the garden while cutting the grass.

Andy Williams

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TH Media:
    _I WANNA A DOG!!!!_

http://thmedia.net
    http://affiliates.thmedia.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After reading the stories above, I think I'm glad I DON'T have a dog!

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

perfectG, your stories are getting me in trouble for laughing too loudly here. Actually, all of these are.

Maggie loves to tear apart pillows. And she also takes napkins and tissues and tears them apart. Why?? I thought the tissues were, ahem, for what was inside them. (We know dogs are grody. We're insinuating that they are happily eating their own vomit.) But why unused toilet paper?

Ah, dogs.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

ABW Ambassador
    We had some friends come over for a barbecue. They had a small baby. Not only did Golfo steal the dummy from the baby in her pushchair, but later on, her dirty nappy disappeared. As usual Golfo wanted to play. He loved taking things and burying them somewhere in the garden. Usually my shoes or socks. I would walk around the garden watching Golfo carefully. He played a sort or "warmer", "colder" game with his tail. By carefully moving and watching his tail, I managed to find a piece of distrubed ground with a small piece of white poking out. Golfo went mad. It was the baby's nappy, still with complete contents. We all missed Golfo walking off with it, but I can see in my minds eye him carrying it to it burial place, trying not to be seen (if he is spotted when digging to bury something, he would always take it somewhere else and bury it). Dogs, our lives would be the poorer without them.

Andy Williams

Our beagle eats all kinds of strange things. He'll eat cotton balls, toilet paper, fingernail clippings.

When he had to get x-rayed at the vet last year, we found a sewing needle in his stomach. We figured it must have been within 5 miles of him while he was inhaling his dinner.

Ha! We once had to take Maggie to the vet because she ate a button and I wasn't sure if it would pass through her system okay. (It did. We, uh, "found" it later in the yard.)

I also had to make frantic calls to both the vet and to a music supply store when Maggie ate an entire block of bow rosin from my son's cello bag. (FYI, bow rosin has no adverse affects on dogs except to increase their, uh, output.)

And my childhood dog, another Corgi named Wally, had to be rushed to the hospital after we discovered that he had eaten an entire kabob, skewer and all, and the wooden skewer had ruptured his stomach. (He's okay.)

-patrice

affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patrice - eastwoodcompany.com:
    - except for occasionally tearing up toilet paper off the roll.
    -patrice<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone know why they do that? Both our dogs take toilet rolls from the bathroom and do the same. They also take used tissues from the bin and serviettes from the the table.

Andy Williams

http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it only in the UK that a famous brand of toilet paper is advertised by being dragged around the house by adorable labrador puppies?

Maybe we could make a case here for impressionable dogs being corrupted by television advertising...

I also had to make frantic calls to both the vet and to a music supply store when Maggie ate an entire block of bow rosin from my son's cello bag. (FYI, bow rosin has no adverse affects on dogs except to increase their, uh, output.)

-patrice

affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    ::visit our private forum on abw::<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip - next time I'm constipated I'll reach for the cello resin...

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread