I have a horrible tooth ache(filling fell out and tooth is loose and VERY tender, and swollen neck) and my dentist can't see me til monday morning!! HELP! I've use oil of cloves, ambasol, salt water rinse, and asa and tylenol every 3 hours!!

Anyone have any better ideas? I'm suffering here....

* Why am I doing this when I could be making $2000 a week stuffing envelopes??

ABW Ambassador
    Ice pack? I have heard of people mashing the asprin and placing it on the tooth area. Call dentist and ask for a pain killer and antibiotic?
    Cazzie

if you have tiquila take a shot of it and goggle.

if it don't work just take a couple of shot and it will help your pain.

But I am serious about mouth washing it with tiquila.

hope it helps you.

the old days we (philippines) we get a cotton ball and soak it with any perfume we have and put it where the toothache is.

But I don't recommend it to any one else because it's a PI thing and not sure how others will take it.

but it helps me alot of times growing up. save me alot of money also. well my parents did. lol...

Sorry for you having a tooth ache, I know what you mean. I have a dentist appt in two weeks also. I am wearing a mouth guard 24 hours a day
    (grinding too much).

somehow toothache is more painfull than any other sickening.

Have a shot and see!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? <b>Crooks Overwriting Commissions.</b>
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Lola...

Nothing drives one to distraction as much as a consistent toothache. I won't claim to feel your pain, but I can empathise.

You have already tried oil of cloves, so my first choice is out.

Ironically however, I spoke to my younger brother just this past weekend, and he asuaged his toothache by putting a few drops of vanilla flavoring on a q-tip and applied it to the gums and tooth. Said it worked very well.

My best,

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lola:
    Anyone have any better ideas? I'm suffering here....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The Ambesol or Orajel may not be reaching the right spot - rinse out with Listerine, then put the Ambesol gel on some dental floss and work it into the spot.

Thanks guys!
    The aspirin on my tooth and gums worked a bit! But makes it itchy lol

I had 3 babies with no pain meds, and walked around with a fractured knee cap for 3 months before I saw someone about it, BUT they don't compare to this @#$$%#&@ pain!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Lola,

If you have a swollen neck you need to call that dentist (if they are gone already leave a message with their service). That means infection and you lymph nodes are involved already. You need some antibiotics right away. If an infection has set in, they usually won't do any dental work until it's about cleared up. So the sooner you get started the better for that reason also.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

So sorry to hear about your tooth ache Lola.
    I just had my share of tooth ache and visits to the dentist, and I can feel your pain. I had a caries, and I kept postponing my visit to the dentist for about two and a half months, until it was too late... I had to do a root canal treatment... something I hope you won't have to do (although once it starts aching, it's too late).
    Anyway, what I can recommend is the following... some things may work, others may not...

* Try rinsing the tooth with effervecent aspiring. Just make sure the water is mild (at a temperature it doesn't hurt you)
    * Take some aspirins (preferably effervecent)... just don't overdose.
    * Hope for the best
    * when nothing else works, I rinse the tooth with VERY VERY VERY COLD water. It hurts at first, but then, when you spit the water, you'll feel releaved for some 5-10 minutes. You can also try putting some ice on your cheek (where the tooth is). Do this when nothing else works... I remember once spending the whole night awake, because the pain was killing me, I actually spent the whole night next to the fridge...

ABW Ambassador
    Lola,

What BLFH (Ms. B) said. Forget the home remedies, and get some antibiotics ASAP !

I don't want to scare you, but I was a dental assistant at one time, and there was this one patient I'll never forget . Hecame in looking like a dying man .

The infection from his tooth spread into several areas , and then into his bloodstream , and he wound up in the hospital a few hours after leaving the dentist .

Best thing for tooth pain is to rinse with warm water with an asprin mixed in.

If you can't handle that, try warm salt water (heavy on the salt).

Count your blessings..I'm going through a pain in the butt root canal -- six visits and I'm not done yet. My last two appointments were cancelled because the dentist was sick. Well...guess he was reall sick 'cause I looked in the paper on Wednesday and there was my dentist's obituary!

Is it tastless to call and ask who's taking over? I'd really love to get this work done some day soon.

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

Call his/her answering service and tell them you need an immediate call back from your dentist for a dental emergency. He should prescribe you something for pain and antibiotics or will advise you to go to emergency room for same. There is no reason to continue being in pain!

I had a really bad tooth ache about 3 months ago. try ambesol. and make sure you keep some hard crust against your tooth. and keep your mouth shut all day if you can. that helped with my ache... gone in about 48 hours.

goal: $5000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

Had to go to emergency, so got dilodid, and 2 antibiotics to make me better! Thanks for the help guys.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread