High priced items? do they convert?

price $1000 +

How many clicks should I expect from these items until they convert into a sale?

Thanks for the info....

goal: $5000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

ABW Ambassador
    Depending on how you present the merchandise, the length of the cookie and the quality of the merchant, I would say yes - promoting high priced items can convert - although certainly not a rate of a book or other low priced item.

I've had decent luck in getting quite a few $1000+ sales and selling $1000+ products. But, I think to get these high priced sales, it does require quality merchants that people have faith in (Amazon, Mondera or some of the well known catalog companies).

As far as number of clicks to sales, it can range from 1 in 100 to 1 in 1000 (or more, in some cases). All really boils down to the merchant that is selling the product and how you display them on your site.

Not sure how promoting an unknown merchant would work out - I personally would never buy something for $1000 from a merchant that is only online and that I've never heard of before, but that's just me.

Jim

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> High priced items? do they convert?

price $1000 + ~Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they do! I'm not sure how many clicks on average, though. I've seen a few flukes come by but not enough to make a general statement as to how many clicks. I have noticed that the "atmosphere" of the sites (both yours and the merchant's) starts to play a bigger role when the prices get up there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I personally would never buy something for $1000 from a merchant that is only online and that I've never heard of before, but that's just me. ~Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's amazing what people will CLICK HERE for. Personally I sweat bullets whenever I buy some high-ticket thing online, even though I choose VERY well-known, well-established companies for those expensive items. But some people seem to have no problems with it.

~Revenue is King

Cartier, Prada, Mercedes-Benz and the like would have gone out of business a long time ago if people did not buy their stuff.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The major secret for showcasing high priced items is to ONLY place individual product links to the landing page. General domain category text links or banners do not have a chance if the BHO's popup on the merchant's landing pages. Most shoppers buying high end items do not get detoured by BHO popups if the exact product they want is right in front of them.

Highend product merchants are stupid for ever having a relationship with a BHO as their target market are not trailer trash coupon clippers. They need real value added pre-sell activity to filter out real buyers of name brand highend items. This is where OS misses the boat by relying on the BHO's for the majority of their sales which end up being low margin dollar store closeout items.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    Most shoppers buying high end items do not get detoured by BHO popups if the exact product they want is right in front of them.
    - - - - -

That's a good point, ecom. I been selling $800-$1000 tarps like popcorn for the last two months. Just remember, it doesn't have to be pretty to be high end.

-Tom Rice
    T.A. Rice Affiliate Program

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread