Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Has anyone used them before? How was the traffic/price for you? They offer a banner to the right of the page in related categories for $295/month. Seems pricey, but then, if there's a lot of traffic, it might be a decent profit. Just seems like, if someone is going to the Yellow Pages, they are really interested in buying....

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

Just a last bump, anyone ever use YellowPages.com ? Just looking for opinions on their value and cost.

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

Hi elbowcreek,
    I started researching the same thing and was about to sign up with aol yellow pages. I think it would work well and it's cheap enough. Send me a blank email at darlene@webc1.com and I'll send you a copy of what aol sent me. It's a basic media kit with prices. BTW these prices they quote- can be discounted by 10-20%.

If an when I commit to them I'll let you know. Also let me know how you make out. I think it makes sence.

Darlene Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    darlene@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

Okie-Dokie, I'll send you an e-mail. I think I'll take the plunge and try it for one of my sites and see what happens. Me parting with $600 is like an earth shattering event, lol, but Nov/Dec would be good months to try it for.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

elbowcreek,

If you're still around, it's been a year, have you had any success with yellowpages.com???

ClickMagazine.NET

Offline people use the yellowpages. When you get online the first thing you think to use is the search engine. I try to explain this to these smartpages people that keep calling me. If all I wanted was a phone number I might go to the yellowpages but your ad is not going to distract me.

Perry-
    I held off on advertising that way, and just went on a blitz buying up urls and getting those up and running.

This fall I did commit to some offline advertising in a catalog that reaches 100,000 farm families. It's supposed to hit the stands on the 19th of November, matter of fact.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

and?

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

My offline advertising has not had a huge effect yet. Have gotten some calls, and I believe a few sales. Anyone get around to trying yellowpages yet?

Thinking about it, my money probably would have been better spent buying a forum at ABW, coulda paid for a couple of years, lol.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

ABW Ambassador
    I have a couple of B2B clients who use Yell.com in the UK. The traffic is variable in quality to be honest, but it has paid for itself, so they are both going to renew. It's not really something I'd recommend for B2C sites though.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I did an Yellow Page ad last year in the local marketing of Dallas, Texas and it bit. They bind you to a year contract and your stuck. We got like 2-3 all year. It cost like $80/mo.

Don't do it...

Thanks,
    Brad

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread