Hi Everyone

My first topic, "What Keeps You Going," had great feedback and I can clearly see what motivates all of us to pursue affliate marketing...freedom from employers, schedules, geographic imobility, etc...

But now I have a specific question. Where do you go for motivation? Do you look at people who have succeeded as affliate marketers, do you read a specific book, do you look at pictures of tropical islands, pictures of your family?

Personally I do a mixture of all the above but my desktop images keep my goals in front of my face. I always have a picture of some amazing place I visited and tell myself if I want more experiences like that then I have to stay focussed and motivated. Maybe it does not work everyday but those pics of beautiful beaches and green mountains certainly help.

What do you do? I think your input may help all of us. Because I believe it is motivation, attitude, and persistence that pushes you towards your goal.

Regards,

Dylan

This is probably not what you are looking for, but I'll say I live in an amazing place already.

My house.

The bad news is that every month a mortgage bill arrives which needs to be paid if I am going to be living in this amazing place in the future.

So, I plug away...

Doc

"From this angle, it is hard to tell if they are sitting on their hands or merely covering their tails" - Murphy

Where do you go for motivation?

A quick trip down Memory Lane to a time when we lost everything, the house, the boat and the car provides all the motivation I need to keep me out of ever getting in that position again.

It's been a long hard road back with too many 14 to 18 hours days but right now I'm decorating my new home paid in full and enjoying the fruits of the past few years hard labor.
    One quick look back in time is enough to get the fire burning anytime

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    All kinds of different things are motivating to me!

The existance of a state called Florida, where there are kids who ask what sn*w is.

The sound of a lawnmower in my yard--that I'm not pushing! The desire to add the sounds of hammering and sawing (with someone else swinging the hammer and making the saw strokes) to the mix.

Plain ol' competition. Gotta kick it in!

The thought, "better type now, the entire internet may 'blow up' in 5 years"! And I do NOT want to have to even consider choosing between a j*b and Cardboard Box Ave. Both those non-options suck too much so I'd better hurry up and get rich, just in case something happens to the biz!!

Speaking of RICH...yes, getting RICH in itself is a big motivator! The mansion, the Rolls, the servants, the trips to exotic places, the private jet...I want the whole hog!! No need to leave that good stuff for "other people".

I want to see how many digits will fit in the Figure in the Upper Right of CJ before it flips like a video game score. The only way to see that...is to PASS that figure!

The Game of it all. It's like a huge video game that pays! From the Algo to the choice of what to do about it, to there being a Score--it's Bally-Midway on steroids! Even the presence of cheaters (parasites) is arcade-like... (Needless to say I've always loved arcades as long as the machines didn't EAT [steal] my tokens! Those dead machines have mutated into merchants that don't pay...)

And not least--hearing those cars start up between FIVE AND SEVEN AM ( that's time for *bed*!) as the neighbors go off to WORK! Haw haw on them...such sweet satisfaction it is! They who were soooo smug about being "empl*yed" and "productive" now eat their hearts out! Of course, I want to keep it that way which is a great motivator to keep typing!

~Revenue is King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    I want to see how many digits will fit in the Figure in the Upper Right of CJ before it flips like a video game score. The only way to see that...is to PASS that figure!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, thats great. Lets see who's sales can crash the CJ server On a serious note, I was in Cancun a couple of weeks ago. The property prices were affordable, I love Cancun and I've been there 3 times in the past 2 years. I'm actually looking at setting up home there, thats keeping me going.

ABW Ambassador
    Black Mercedes Wallpaper on my computer

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lets see who's sales can crash the CJ server <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, it better not crash from that! The video games never did...

~Revenue is King

all my motivation comes from ssying I am smarter then this, i don't need to be working a no 9-5 job.. People say this doesn't work, I tell them watch me! It does!

eMarketer indicates that 2003 will bring in $58.2 billion http://www.webpronews.com/wpn-45-200...rExpected.html

Well, PSanf called my sites a "hobby". I was ticked and thought, "I'll show him!"

Boy, have I rubbed that bit of smugness in lately. Ha! Funny the little things that get a person going. Now, when I need motivation I just think, "Hobby! Hump!"

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    For Motivation, I go to any restaurant that serves good food!

I love eating, I spend almost half of my earnings (less re-investment and savings) i earn on food, but I want to be able to spend more, eat more!

Then, there are people like Leader and almost everyone else on this form who give me motivation - they are competitors! the want to make more money than them is the biggest motivation

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

I do affiliate marketing as part of my job, not aside from it, so I'm the oddball here. But I do love what I do - even the non-affiliate stuff. When I get down, I turn to my favorite book and get back on track!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

My dad is my motivation -

He socked away a decent percentage of his salary every year into a 401K - and when it came time to retire last year the market had crashed and his "comfortable" retirement is much less so than he thought it would be.

I never want to be in his shoes. I want passive income that will continue regardless of the stock market.

So I build low-maintenance sites that don't need constant tweaking to stay in good Google positions - sites with content that draws people looking for SOLUTIONS centered around some product niche.

It means I have to invest lots of time up front researching, writing, and tieing in my articles with products - but once written I can let them roll on autopilot.

I still have an 8 to 7:30 job that I love, but every 2 months or so I take some extra days off to turn an idea into a web site, or do a significant overhaul of an existing site.

As long as I keep up with the changing trends on the internet (or whatever replaces it?) I hope to have solid passive income when I retire - which will probably be 15 years earlier than my dad did. Already my web sites are making what his 401K and SS are combined!

And in case you're wondering - yes, I help him out a bit - although my mom gets the lion's share of my affiliate income, as she didn't contribute to a 401K...

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Look4-

- He socked away a decent percentage of his salary every year into a 401K - and when it came time to retire last year the market had crashed and his "comfortable" retirement is much less so than he thought it would be.

I never want to be in his shoes. I want passive income that will continue regardless of the stock market.

So I build low-maintenance sites that don't need constant tweaking to stay in good Google positions - sites with content that draws people looking for SOLUTIONS centered around some product niche.

Hey That's exactly what I'm interested in. The 401 k, so called mutual funds are a rip off: http://www.webpronews.com/wpn-43-200...ndRipOffs.html

See I'm focusing on making a difference to people, giving this this concept. and If they say no! Then I go to the next person! Next please- Time to do something about my life! No more job... Can't wait till I say goodbye to the 9-5 job! or in this case the 11 pm-7:30 am shit shift :0).

eMarketer indicates that 2003 will bring in $58.2 billion http://www.webpronews.com/wpn-45-200...rExpected.html

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    There is something more i do for motivation /inspiration that I forgot to mention earlier:

I'm a student of the Vedantic philosophy and Raja Yoga, In the vedas, There is a mantra "Neti, Neti!" Literally, it means "Not this, Not This!". This mantra is used for the yoga student to realise that there is more to reality than what he or she is currently seeing. There is something more and the student must strive to achieve that state of reality and then repeat the mantra - Neti, Neti! and move to the next level of reality - ultimately the student attains the supreme state of samadhi.

Same way, Every time I see my CJ check and I am happy with the numbers on it, I say to my self - Neti, Neti! Not this, Not this! There is more to the CJ check then these little numbers

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by jasonco12 View Post
    all my motivation comes from ssying I am smarter then this, i don't need to be working a no 9-5 job.. People say this doesn't work, I tell them watch me! It does!

eMarketer indicates that 2003 will bring in $58.2 billion Americans Ignoring Internet Banner Ads | WebProNews
    Hats Off to you Jason! I think the same way that I'm not born to work under someones order & I'm damn confident I'll achieve success one day.

16. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread