We are going to start advertising on a billboard off of HWY 75 near Dallas, Texas starting in Feb.2005.

Has anybody else tried it?

I called a few companies that advertise on billboards before I decided to go that route and they said they got like 5-7calls a day.

It is going to cost me $500/mo. $1000 set up 1st month only.

Thanks,
    Brad

BradwithLandmark,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

I know that Karl from phillyburbs.com has, see this thread.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks a bunch man. If anybody else has new ideas are responses to this form of advertisng.

Speak up.

Thanks,
    Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    BradwithLandmark,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

I know that Karl from phillyburbs.com has, see http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...9&m=1916000293 thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brad:

As Haiko pointed out ... been there, done that. Let me know if there's something I can help with.

How you doing?

I read that post.

I was wondering what kind of response we would get. We are going to use a toll-free number for tracking purposes.

Do you have any idea how many hits those billboards created?

Thanks,
    Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BradwithLandmark:
    How you doing?

I read that post.

I was wondering what kind of response we would get. We are going to use a toll-free number for tracking purposes.

Do you have any idea how many hits those billboards created?

Thanks,
    Brad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did an extensive campaign, but we did not necessarily measure success by hits, etc.

First and foremost, it was a positioning campaign. We had just rolled out two new products Car Search and Home Search. We wanted to get the name out the for users, yes, but just as importantly, we wanted potential advertisers to see that we were heavily promoting it; the billboards were a part of that.

We also did some general marketing through the billboards. Again, tough to craft a direct link to success, at it was part of a wide & broad marketing effort.

In the end, we found it to be affordable and have enjoyed success in terms of traffic and advertiser sign ups. Is it directly from the billboards? Unsure, but they certainly had to help.

Hi Brad. Good move! We are all trying to compete for listings in the Search Engines and forgetting one important asset. Our own local market. I live in a city that has close to 1 million people and that is the market I am going after. CULTIVATE your local market and give them good service and information.
    Advertising costs are a lot cheaper and I think once you get established a following spread.
    I think we all have to learn to walk before we run.
    Just look at the track record of the big retailers, Walmart and Home Depot.

I agree. I could only get maybe 100-200clicks on some of the major search engines on the net for $500/mo. With a ton of competition at that!

I can easily get that many calls a month with a billboard and not as much comp. in my local market. Our website conversations are 1%-3% but we are 30%-40% over the phone. No brainer!

Plus a professional billboard in your local market adds so much creditablity.

Internet has a lot of business but local market with billboards is hard to beat! Plus way less competition.

How to get a FREE billboard.
    I have also talked with another company that is going to co-op on the next few boards we do in the Dallas/Ft Worth area because I agreed to give them our leads after we help them. Instead of making a back end sale on the deals like normal. I decided to split the ad bill. I also thought about contacting another back end sale company and see if they want to cover the other half for the leads that I would normal send their way.

That would make the billboard, FREE.

Thanks,
    Brad

Don't forget little billboards (18x24) too. You've seen them, real estate signs. They can allow you to advertise in multiple places.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think Billboard advertising is great for name recognition. It pays off over the long haul.

I don't advertise at all, but I've seen billboard and many other ads for one of the merchants I promote and they are one of my better converters. I chalk it up to name recognition and trust. If consumers see the name often enough, they'll trust it as a solid company and feel more secure and confident making an online purchase.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Smile
    Has anyone here ever tried bus-bench advertising? I market some products that would appeal to the bus riding demographic (assuming they own a computer!). I think it could be successful if I can adv. in the right part/s of town.
    One negative ... a lot of bus benches get defaced w/ graffiti.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread