Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As long as the checks come, no since of shutting down my sites! Rock on going to try to hit the $1,000 a month mark by Christmas!!! My new goal is to make20 new sites in the next 7 days! hopefully I can make it by then!

ValueClick unveils entry-level marketing tool
    Digital marketing agency ValueClick has announced a new entry-level
    affiliate marketing tool through its Be Free subsidiary.

http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/vie...ews_0000054023

Jason:
    I wish some of the folks working for me had one-tenth of your enthusiasm!
    Knock 'em dead.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

phillyBurbs.com- I got my enthusiasm because I want to make enough for affiliate marketing so I can quit my too stressful job at Safeway! I'm going to do whatever it takes to quit Safeway! I don't need to be working for anyone else!

E-commerce record shattered
    Amazon.com shipped out more than a million copies of the new Harry Potter book,
    making Saturday the largest distribution day of a single item in e-commerce

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/int...ter.amazon.ap/

ABW Ambassador
    I think that finding a part time job might be the best until you can really earn enough to live on. Never quit a job unless you really have a sure thing lined up. We all know that affiliate marketing is not a sure thing. Look at last months Google update!
    My traffic is finally going back up, and yesterday was a record day for traffic to my jewelry site

I do affiliate work because I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and I don't drive. I also have a 3 year old to look after.
    This is what I have always wanted to do (work at home, and not do what someone else tells me to do)
    I did not spend 5 years at university to be told by some stupid idiot to go do what they are too dumb to do themselves.

I have never had a job in this country (I arrived here 2 1/2 years ago), and I hope to work at home for the rest of my life. Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn money, but don't go quitting your job to do it, unless you really are making a lot of money

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

No doubt, you'll be looking at Safeway in your rear view mirror in no time!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Jason, hope this helps, I was working as a welder in a car factory for 9 years. 1991-2000. I got my first commercial website online in December 1998 and earned enough by November 2000 to quit my job (what a great feeling that was). I moved abroad to a place where the sun shines all day and I haven't looked back since. I've built my own house and just bought the wife a new van 3 weeks. I'm expecting delivery of a new laptop tommorrow which motivate me even more, I love the smell of a new laptop.

I worked my @$$ off for 2 years, 9 hours in the factory and another 9 hours at home, I slept a couple of hours a day and had to listen to constant *****ing from my wife. Thankfully she's since shut up and I work from a home office just 8-9 hours a day. My tip to you is to go to Amazon and buy some books on website design and layout, I found books by Robin Williams to be a great help, the writer not the signer Just keep your chin up high and your goal in sight.

Thanks JJJay and everyone, I'm keeping my chin up!

E-commerce record shattered
    Amazon.com shipped out more than a million copies of the new Harry Potter book,
    making Saturday the largest distribution day of a single item in e-commerce

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/int...ter.amazon.ap/

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Jason From your posts even if half of your posts enthusiasm leads anywhere it should lead you to your goals.
    I became self employed about 7 years ago when the opportunity to be self employed and to work in the outdoor (fishing/hunting etc) field became available. If the name is any hint, fishing is my passion. After working almost 20 years very few spells of unemployment, never collecting any unemployment insurance, or having the desire to live off of the system, I lost 3 jobs in 1 1/2 years due to downsizing. At that time my wife was 7 months pregnant with our second child. A great risk but to follow my dream but we went for it. No use starting another job if these same downsizing issues and the economy were changing the ways of past employment were going to continue.
    We aren't rich financially due to the business, in fact I have almost walked away, or had the wife give the ultimatum to get a "real" job many times as we struggled to get things established over my 5 year plan we needed. My family after about 5 years has finally stopped telling me to get a real job also. I think it certainly changed our lives for the best even with the struggles.
    As CJ Shopping says, being prepared, with some back up is always a great plan. However as it took me many years to finally have the opportunity to work in something I really wanted, I took action so years down the road I wouldn't be questioning my self with how things may have been if " what if" came into play. So if you have the dream of working on your own, keep site of it. It may not always happen at the best time, just be prepared if it does happen. Best of luck with your goals.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Hi Jason

Keep up the enthusiasm.
    ATTITUDE + PERSEVERANCE = FREEDOM!

All the best success,

Dylan

Hey JJJay, I know what you mean about the constant *****ing... man! It has definitely got better now.

ABW Ambassador
    I remember practically begging my wife to let me have $25 for the business. Now we are planning 4 more sites, which may cost $500 in total. She isn't bothered about spending $500 now. Wow, what a difference.

I'm not sure I am ready to ask her if we can advertise on Overture and spend $1,000 a month

Actually, I much prefer to pay for nothing other than hosting

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yeah, have to admit my wife was a non believer, til she opened the mail one day, and found a rather.....substantial........check, heh. Her site's first two sales went to Mondera, for $100 and $900, she now believes, lololol.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

I think most of us who have a spouse have gone thru this period of their *****ing while we built up affiliate businesses - LOL - seems to be a common theme anyway when you talk to other affiliates. I remember at least 9 months of it before things finally started taking off and were enough to pay the major bill - the mortgage!

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

When I think back the *****ing was the worst part, new advice Jason, stay single

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    When I think back the *****ing was the worst part, new advice Jason, stay single <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! Stay Single! LOL - The *****ing was the absolute worse part, the constant accusations I was just "playing" on the computer and ignoring "real life" when all I was trying to do at the time was save our house as he had lost his job with a company that went under during the .com wave. His age, over qualified and health issues made it difficult to find work and then 9-11 hit making the job market even worse.

For sure, stay single Jason - easier to hit your goal that way cuz the constant home battles have a way of eating away at you and taking away motivation.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    I made a compromise, I stop working on the computer when my wife comes home from work, and I don't work on the sites over the weekend. It works very well. I spend more time with my family, and we are still earning a fair amount of money. Plus there is no arguing over me being on the computer.
    As long as the money keeps coming in, and the dishes are done, my wife is happy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Mothers are just as bad as spouses!!!

It took driving up in a new car to ensure that I'd never have to have to hear "get a real job" again! Any further sounds of trepidation were met with my thumb jerking towards the driveway...

Now she's got 5 sites and is finally starting to be competition. It's also funny how she doesn't think it's so crazy to have to have a STAT CHECK every few minutes anymore!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah i got a lot of that. I quit my job of 12 years, to do this full time, last year in Feb. and moved to another state where my girlfriend lives. At the time i was making about $200 a month and told my girlfriend that i will get another job if i didn't see an increase each month. Now i'm making 3x what she is making and we have a deal that i will work "job hours" and be done by 6PM each nite and that i won't work weekends. If you see me post after 6 or on the weekends she is out of the room somehow, working out, bathroom, trying to grow roses, shopping with her mom and sis, etc. When i first started i got a lot from friends and family, dad always calling asking if i found a job yet. It changed once i started making more then the job i quit, and when they saw me on TV, when they did a story about my site. After that my parents gave me good advice on getting a business license, accountant etc. I seem to do my best work late at nite and sometimes do miss the days when i was single, going thru the Steak and Shake drive thru at 2 in the morning and getting Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. Lucky for everybody i have a gf or i would have taken over by now

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    When i first started i got a lot from friends and family, dad always calling asking if i found a job yet.
    - - - - -

You know, my wife finally got tired of reading the job classifieds to me and having me answer, "So, do I work for myself in that job???"

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Jason, I know you can do it
    Just never accept failure as an option.

I know it's hard working a day gig too but give affiliate marketing 100% and you'll get 300% back.
    By Christmas this year you'll be laughing

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

it's alway cool to read a jasonco thread after reading deepressing threads about idiot AM's and their infested programs...there's alway hope.

thanks.

"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?" -anon

ABW Ambassador
    My husband used to grumble about my time on the computer ... but that stopped (well, almost!) the day I paid off his truck loan!

ABW Ambassador
    My girlfriend is moaning about me being on the computer right now this minute and I'm typing this very quickly before she stops me posting it. So, I just want to say, in front of 9,000 other people......'stop complaining, Sally'.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    I am single again until Sat. afternoon I can stay up all night. Girlfriend is on vacation with parents in Florida. How come i'm not with her? "with parents" This xmas will be fun when we go together to visit my parents

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My tip to you is to go to Amazon and buy some books on website design and layout, I found books by Robin Williams to be a great help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, I second this suggestion - spend some of this month's commission on The Non-Designers Web Book by Robin Williams (Peachpit Press)

You can make it - keep working at it, and trying out new ideas.
    I started on the web April 2000 - made $50 the first month, hit $1k in August 2001, $10k in February 2002 and quit my day job - goodbye idiot managers, pointless paperwork, boring meetings, teambuilding courses, timesheets, commuting, dress codes, mission statements.

Hello freedom

Been up and down like a rollercoaster since then but it's all good. Once you escape there's no going back to the 9-5 routine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast