Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi guys,

I just got 3 emails from CJ announcing changes in program terms from 3 different publishers.

They all say the exact same thing.

Publisher XYZ changed their program description. Please review the new program description. If this description is unsatisfactory you may end your relationship with the publisher through the account manager or by contacting client services.

New description:

XYZ donates a percentage of its gross revenue to world class charities such as x, x, x, x.We do this through the following advertising mediums: (i) our web site located at www.xxxxx.com; (ii) emails sent to users who sign up to receive offers from our site(iii) plug-in software distributed via AskEarth.com, which assists our users so that a transaction qualifies for a donation automatically.

I did a search on ABW for AskEarth.com and came up with nothing. Does anyone know or can someone figure out if this software does anything unethical?

The fact that 3 publishers all had the exact same desciption seems odd like this is some hot new toolbar that is being marketed to numerous publishers. Unless all the publishers are really the same company. I will research that. They all have donation or charity type site names. What do you think?

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

edited.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

[This message was edited by Haiko on August 26, 2003 at 02:03 PM.]

Thanks Haiko. They weren't one of the ones listed. My question is more about this plug-in software and what it does.

5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

ABW Ambassador
    Was that E2Give? It is one of those drive-by crap. It tries to be installed when you visit askearth.com.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Agree. If the sites are care2 associated they utilize parasitic software. I don't get the Askearth.com reference in the updated site info. That's one of those pay someone to answer your question sites. I see nothing there about software plugins. Sounds like some misinformation being provided to merchants.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    I see nothing there about software plugins. Sounds like some misinformation being provided to merchants.

If you are using IE, set your security preference for "download signed activex control" to "prompt". You will see the pop-up for drive-by install of E2Give plug-in.

I went to Askearth. How do I tell if it downloaded on my system. I have security set to high so I get a pop up warning but don't remember what happened when I went to the site.

So does this thing overwrite cookies or steal commish?

Since I got all 3 notices the same day with the same wording I assume CJ's bot may have caught this and made them all update their description or else they are all related.
    Whois records are different for each - but that doesn't mean they aren't all owned by the same person.

Linda,

Last I saw, e2give was dirty. Haven't been to goodwillcharities.com nor emailgiving.com.

Haiko

Haiko,

Ohhhh, you got the same emails. I was not going to "out" any publishers just in case they were innocent.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thanks KC! I'm so used to clicking no on activex prompts, the prompt didnt' even register. drivebys.

Linda, the layer of who is really who and the driveby install speaks volumes by itself.

CJ...wake the hell up and start enforcing your own COC! Do you really think that making publisher's email merchants this murky gibberish is really enough to CYA??

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Here's the screenshot ... it's a driveby download.

Drivebys are a violation of the CoC.

Haiko

[This message was edited by Haiko on August 31, 2003 at 11:18 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent screen shot - it sure would look good in a coc violations thread.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

[Moved to newly created new e2Give forum]

Haiko

Email┬*Giving,┬*LLC┬*(GMGAVPSRHD)┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*5828┬*Lonsdale┬*Drive┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*Sacramento,┬*CA┬*95822┬*

I did look up came up with the other following sites on their server:┬*

www.Adultslinx.com, www.Bettinglinx.com, www.Egenerosity.net, www.Emailcharities.com, www.Emailgiving.com, www.Mailcharity.com, www.Vanguardcharity.com

look up of Adultslinx.com and bettinglinx.com resulted in:
    AdultsLinxs.com┬*(VBZYDMPSVD)┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*2458┬*E.┬*Russell,┬*Suite┬*B┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*Las┬*Vegas,┬*NV┬*89120
    ┬*
    look up of emailcharities.com resulted in:

Then I looked up e2Give and came up with the other following sites on their server:┬*

www.E2give.com, www.Goodwillcharities.com, www.Stageiient.com

look up of goodwillcharities resulted in:

Goodwill┬*Charities,┬*LLC┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*┬*2455┬*East┬*Russell┬*Road,┬*Suite┬*B┬*
    ┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*Las┬*Vegas,┬*NV┬*89120
    ┬*

Isn't it absolutely amazing that goodwillcharities.com and adultlinx.com are not only hosted on the same server but they are three feet from each other? weird coincidences no?

CoC, nor the compliance spider get it do they? HMMM I guess if your dirty, why not just get completely soiled.

Way to go CJ network quality!

Haiko

Ok Haiko since you already outed them - here is the full description they give in CJ.

GoodwillCharities.com donates a percentage of its gross revenue to world class charities such as the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the American Red Cross. We do this through the following advertising mediums: (i) our web site located at www.goodwillcharities.com; (ii) emails sent to users who sign up to receive offers from GoodwillCharities.com; and (iii) plug-in software distributed via AskEarth.com, which assists our users so that a transaction qualifies for a donation automatically.

I BET they really give a BUNCH to these charities since they seem to be such a high integrity company.

Get a load of all the merchants on the GWC site. Also this:

Software Partners
    Do you have a great piece of software and are looking for additional revenue? Contact us and we can show you how to add revenue to your current business model.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The leading question to ALL NETWORKs is do any of them have any charitable DUPER merchant who is not a BHO theftware user. If 100% of them are dirty then boot the whole group out into the street to pan handle for their phoney charity fronts.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Of course blair.com is one of their premium sites. I know, good guy, never really uses the stuff himself... blah blah blah - is just seemingly listed on every single one of these types of sites.

I am sickened that CJ facilitates the spreading of these types of sites. Here is someone in violation of the COC, but yet CJ sends emails for them to merchants instead of kicking them out?

Isn't it nice how parasites get to dictate the terms to CJ and merchants? While the rest of us get the terms twisted and dictated to us?

Give me a break. If Befree's merchants just paid on time, I would leave CJ behind.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Just took a quick look at their merchants. I see a few that have forums on this board.When I have more time I will take a closer look.
    JC Whitney
    Collectiblestoday
    Mondera
    Net Magazines
    shoes.com
    sportsfanfare
    Surpluscomputers
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Goodwillcharities is on my radar and will be terminated tomm morning. This was one affiliate that BeFree and myself were investigating.

They have racked up some sales, but they have not been paid. I held their one and only check last month when they appeared out of the blue on my top 100 list.

I will get rid of those loosers

Great work guys/gals...

I will pass this on to BeFree so they can take action as well.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: affiliatedoctor

Parasite Free in 2003!

When is everyone going to wise up and drop CJ?

I have been fazing out their merchants for months.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

The about the merchants on that list including me is:

1) We don't know a publisher is bad unless someone tells us.

2) Most AMs (the typical kind that aren't on this board or very active) don't even know about outright parasites, much less these dupers, disguised as nice sounding charity companies.

3) Even the AMs on this board who are very high integrity can't keep up with all these new dupers.

As you know I try very hard to keep an eye out for anything that hurts my affiliates commissions. But I don't live on the Pware forum all day. I am juggling tons of things and typically just scan the new posts when I can. I try to get here are least once a week but it's hard to keep up with all the parasites, dupers, firewalls, pop-up blockers and get newsletters out and new creative and keep in touch with affiliates and everything else I try to do for partners.

I'm suddenly very pissed. It is not my job to be cop. I should not have to police my publishers. The networks should be doing this. If I was the typical AM I would have just ignored those emails because all the sites had such honest sounding names. Only because I am here and somewhat aware did I read them carefully. Only because I care did I take the time to bring the info here for investigation.

None of us should have to deal with this crap if the networks were doing their job!

OK off to take out my frustration by canning all 3 of them. I feel like emailing CJ but to tell you the truth just DO NOT HAVE TIME TODAY.
    This is BS.

Ok, deed done!
    Chop, chop, chop - all gone!

Just canned em both from both programs. Made some nice sales but... good riddance!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like Akiva scores more points for "not having his head in a hole" and ending up on these folks lists. Ata Boy Akiva you score again!

I am amazed at how so many other AM's always get caught with their pants down partnering with what I consider "easily identifiable trash".

Will somebody send Chris an email before he complians again that nobody has given him a heads up!

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

-----------------------------------------------
    Edited - DARN - I hate that. LOL Only after I submit my post I see Akiva show up and say he's dumping them - Oh No - LOL. Dude you let me down!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast