Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I have gotten 2 emails saying my site is "jumbled". I am running a new Google adwords campaign and can't afford to pay for clicks and have someone leave because my site is goofed up.

It looks fine to me with IE. Can you take a quick peak and if something is wrong please tell me what browser you are using.

http://www.catalystemarketing.com/

Thanks so much for your help!

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

Looks fine to me. Don't see anything that could be considered "jumbled". I'm using IE 6.

Ditto

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Looks fine, just a couple things, i would shorten it to 770 pixels to get rid of horizontal scroll bar and i see lots of white space on bottom. From © 1999 - 2003 Catalyst Internet Marketing Orange County, California to webmaster and affiliate marketing web tools there is a screen and a half of white space, don't know if you still have things to add.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks OK in Nestcape 7.0 also

Mad Doctor Gfufy

WOW, nice to know a call for help results in such quick response.

Thanks all - must just be something on their end.

TRUST - The big white space and text at the bottom are a SEO technique I use. Surfers stop reading where it looks like the page ends - but way down low are keywords and links the SEs still pick up.

Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

I installed Netscape 4.7 from my old CD just for you

The Homepage looks OK, but other pages don't (probably because of bad CSS support in Nestcape 4.7). I have two screenshots for you:

http://www.yoursoft-tm.com/temp/emailmarketing.jpg

http://www.yoursoft-tm.com/temp/management.jpg

BUT since this IS Netscape 4.7 I wouldn't worry about it too much, rare to find people who still use it.

Regards

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't look jumbled but don't know about the SEO technique you're talking about. I don't think what you have on the bottom would look out of place with the other links around © 1999 - 2003 Catalyst Internet Marketing Orange County, California. No biggie.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

C4,

Wow, thanks for going to all the trouble. My site has always been my last priority. Kinda like the cobblers shoes story. Customers come 1st. Most of my business comes through referrals so until now - since I am actually paying for some advertising - I just was not too worried.

I created in a long time ago in NetObjects Fusion, then had a crash and tried to import into Frontpage and everything got goofed up.
    I Just edited the services pages and for the life of me can't get the right side border to line up. My strong suit is definately NOT design.

Some day I will pay someone to totally redo it.
    Actually I really like the design I did on my 5 star affiliate program site so someday when I have time may just re-do Catalyst with that design.

Thanks again to all!!!
    Any other feedback, while we are at it is still appreciated.

netscape 7 - fine here too.

Everything looks ok here except that you have two broken image links on your Rich Media Email page near the bottom. Your SEO technique is wasted on your home page. The material that you have spaced away would look fine higher up on the page and would reduce the page size and page loading time. Every unused line is still a line that time is spent in loading.

Also, on your services page, the navigation box is set to align=left whereas, it is set to align=center.

Your justification of the text on Services page is part of the alignment problem also.

Gene
    TCS

[This message was edited by TCS on July 22, 2003 at 03:48 PM.]

[This message was edited by TCS on July 22, 2003 at 03:49 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Found a few, minor problems. Broken images on this page towards the bottom:

http://www.catalystemarketing.com/rich_media_email.html

Also, on the "services" page your tables don't line up quite right. The right hand navigation menu sits out about 10 pixels in width from the header. Also, on all your pages, your footer sort of jumps around. Sometimes it a footer, other times there is a ton of whitespace before you reach it (like on your home page.

Jim

Thanks TCS and Jim,

The problem on the services page just happened over the weekend. I edited the right border and Front Page won't let me fix it. It's like there is an invisible extra cell in there so I can't adjust the width and I can't center the menu. I finally gave up. I'll try to fix it again.

Didn't notice the broken images at the bottom of the rich media page. I'll fix that too.

BTW I get a bunch of hits for that page. Used to feature a rich media email, cd-rom business card, animation type of program there that pulled the plug on their affiliate program. Anyone know of a multimedia, animation, flash type product that has a good affiliate program?

You guys are awesome!!!

Hey Linda, I'm viewing your site with Opera 7, and I get a big white space to after and above the © 1999 - 2003 Catalyst Internet Marketing Orange County, California text but that's it. Not that big of a deal though looks good.

that's just lots of
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;</pre> statements embedded in the page - it's a FrontPage artifact. (damn wyswiwyg editors)

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread