There was a stray cat in the neighborhood that had several kittens. Unfortunately something bad has happened to momma cat and we have taken the kittens in. They are just under 2 weeks old. I've cared for young animals in the past, but never kittens that were this young without their mom. I've found a couple of sites that had some good information, Here, Here, and Especially Here.

I know ABW attracts all types of people so I was hoping somebody here would have some experience with kittens this young. We will be seeing the vet ASAP, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    My chow wound up in doggie ICU when her pups were 2 days old. I can't imagine kittens are much different than dogs. The vet had a special formula that I mixed for them. I was told not to give them cow milk. Something about their digestion with them being that young. At such a young age, they were too weak to suck from the bottle. Since the kittens are older that might not be a problem. If you have trouble, use a syringe. You can can one at any drug store. Needle removed of course. I feed them every 3 hours or so. The only other thing was I had to wipe their little behinds with a warm wet wash clothe. They aren't able to go to the bathroom by themselves, and it stimulates them. Why the mom does all that licking. Not sure at what age I was able to stop that.

With the pups only being 2 days old, the vet told me upfront that some of them probably would not make it. I was extremely upset. Glad to say that they all did and in fact I actually feed them too much and they were a tad overweight at their first checkup. So at 2 weeks I have faith you can pull all those kittens through. And good for you for taking them in.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums

is an excellent community moderated by a number of real experts in all aspects of cats. You may want to post for help in their Health or Cat SOS forums. You will receive wonderful advice from the people there.

Amy, Top Cat
    CatsPlay.com Cat Furniture
    "Fun Furniture for Felines"
    http://www.CatsPlay.com

Cool site Amy
    Is cats play a manufacturer of feline furniture?
    Thanks,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CatsPlay.com Cat Furniture:
    http://www.thecatsite.com/forums

is an excellent community moderated by a number of real experts in all aspects of cats. You may want to post for help in their Health or Cat SOS forums. You will receive wonderful advice from the people there.

Amy, Top Cat
    CatsPlay.com Cat Furniture
    "Fun Furniture for Felines"
    http://www.CatsPlay.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peace and Freedom,

Ed Antisdel
    FurnitureFind.com, Affiliate Director 800-362-7632 x2001

Hi Michelle,

You're awesome for taking care of the kittens.

I went and ask jeeves and found this link that might help you (I hope!)

Orphan Kitten Care FAQ

Good luck to your kittens!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread