Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to read about people like MsMarySunshine and others who are doing really well with affiliate marketing.
    I've been working on my sites for over two years now and I barely make any money each month.
    I would love some constructive criticism and advice because frustration's starting to creep in a little. I enjoy working on my sites but it would be great to make some money.
    Also, I just registered a few good .LA domains and would like your thoughts on what to do with them. Should I redirect to my existing shopping site or should I actually build them?
    They include Birthdays.la, DigitalCameras.la, Gadgets.la and BuyMusic.la
    I was hoping to use datafeeds or something.

Your insight is highly anticipated.

Best Regards...

I just found out that my main site (which links to the shopping site) has been approved and will be listed on DMOZ in the next update.

I hope that would help sales...

I've heard of the concept of building a page a day but do not really understand how it works. Is it exactly what it says? -- add at least a page of content to a site everyday?

Talk to me...

I'm sure getting listed in Dmoz helps. That way your site will be found more easily.
    A page a day is indeed exactly what it means. Lots of people here try to make a page a day. That way you have a nice big site at the end of the year. And more pages generally means more sales. Of course it also depends on how the site is ranked in the searchengines (the Dmoz listing contributes to that probably)

Thanks Matlok,

It's back to the drawing board to plan a new strategy.

Animal Lover
    Shoparama,

It's depressing not getting much money out of the affiliate marketing business when it seems like everyone here seems to be making a mint. I'm not speaking from experience as I've only been in it for a few months. Still, I think the fact that you've persevered so long says something. If you keep working at it, it will pay off. I'm not sure Dmoz will list affiliate sites - there's that clause in the submission form that says not to submit a site if its mainly got affiliate links. Have you tried exchanging links with others? what about adding your listings to directories? I've been told that dotcom names are better than the others. Keep your chin up, things will get better if you keep at it.

Oscar

A page a day is nonsense. Build ten good pages a day complete with all your meta tags and other things for optimization. That is a good day's work and should get results.

The Gods favor those who do their best to get the job done on their own.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Thanks a bunch guys. DMOZ will be listing Shwing and not shoparama. They already told me shoparama was all affiliates with nothing new to offer (same as most of the sites in the shopping category).

I have not done as well as I should to trade links. I work as a part time junior college instructor and I'm doing all this on my own so it's sloooow and easy.

My dream, which is to bring people together, goes beyond making money but this dream could only be realized with money, unfortunately. I know, it sounds like a lofty concept but that's my goal.

Once again, I thank you for your words of encouragement.

The California lottery is $65 million bucks tomorrow! I don't need that much but I may invest a buck for a ticket. Will let you know if I win!

Best Regards...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    A page a day is nonsense. Build ten good pages a day complete with all your meta tags and other things for optimization. That is a good day's work and should get results.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. More than 10 pages would be even better

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The California lottery is $65 million bucks tomorrow! I don't need that much but I may invest a buck for a ticket. Will let you know if I win!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's much more fun to earn that amount of money with affiliate marketing. Winning the lottery won't give you satisfaction

ummm, yah Matlock...

point well taken though.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread