Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi All,

Talked to Haiko yesterday and Im so excited - I am taking a big step and launching my my own merchant forum for all my 5 Star Affiliate Programs here on ABW, but I wanted to get your feedback on my header 1st.

Some of you don't know me very well, but I really do consider you like family. As it says in my header. I am an entrepreneur just like you guys. And I honestly don't feel like I work for merchants - But I work for you!!!

I am trying to put out there who I really am in this header. I really do wear rose colored glasses and want to just help everyone. But I don't want it to sound cheesy to people who don't know me.

Also I have put alot of the main benefits to my merchants, but don't know if anyone will really read this. I didn't put all their names because I am adding 2 exciting new programs next week and will be constantly growing.

Please give me your honest feedback. Wording, design whatever. *I still need to tweak design but wanted to get your feedback 1st.

Since I am a consultant - not a big company like some of the other merchants that have forums this is a really big important step for me. And your opinion is most important and usually RIGHT on. So fire away!

1st Draft of my Forum Header
    http://www.5starwebtools.com/Abestwebheader.html

It will link to this page:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/

What do you think?

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

Congrat's

Looks good. Took a little bit to load on my cable modem though. Might just be my connection.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

Thanks Chris,

I am not a designer so didn't even think to compress it. After I get feedback and get the finished look, I'll try to compress it if I need too.

Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

looks good...

Thanks Jason,

Hey by the way, just wanted to tell you I don't think that mean looking avator suits you. It doesn't strike me as who you are!

Regarding your goals: I just made sort of a motivational post congratulating Larry on breaking one of his sales records. For some reason kind of had you on my mind when I wrote it. You can read it here: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=1486079093

Anyone else have feedback on my new forum header? I'm having 2nd thoughts about the design.

I love the design Linda,

great job!

I think you should put it!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? <b>Crooks Overwriting Commissions.</b>
    <b>Don't worry! Tracking is infected!</b>
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Linda,

I'd add two little icons -- 1 for home on the bottom left and an email one on the bottom right.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Thanks Nova!

Haiko, I was thinking I need to make it more interactive so people know to click to go to the site. And email button, good idea. Great suggestions. Thanks!

Oooops, just found a typo.

OK HONEST TRUTH!!! The comment I make under the banner - is it chessy or unprofessional?

I decided last nite to take it off - make it look more like a typical merchants banner and maybe just include that comment in some of my posts.

But damn it, that's who I am and I want to be seen as different and not like a typical corporate AM. Now I'm torn & keep going back and forth.

Keep the tag line, its personal, and its much nicer to work with a person, not a corpration!

You may want to make the header "streachy".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> OK HONEST TRUTH!!! The comment I make under the banner - is it chessy or unprofessional? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't honestly say. However, here is something I am sure of. Chessy and unprofessional sells!

Your tag line carries a heck of an emotional impact as is to this kind of a crowd and I think that was what you were aiming for when you did it in the first place.

You have plenty of time ahead to be unchessy and totally professional when you get too big to talk to the rest of us as if we are actually real people. What you want now is results. If that means pulling emotional strings with "chessy or unprofessional", by all means, pull away.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    My dad always says - Son.... if you want an opinion ask for it and I'll give it - you may not like but if you asked.... you're going to get it .

1) The text at the bottom of the ABW header is cheesy . It's OK to leave it but - one part says:

"I Dont work for ANY of these merchants -..."

I'd definately scrap that because if you came to me as a merchant and I saw that it would be a turn off! Don't put obsticles in your path and you need both merchants and affiliates.

People who don't already know how great you are will surely come to know it! You can always have an about me thread or something like that thats read only if you like.

Going from the abwheader to the banner on 5staraffiliteprograms.com is gives me a "what happened shock".

I personally like consistantcy and the abwheader (without the smokes sauage and cheese) , seems better than what you have on that page.

Hope you're real confused over what to do now .

Poon,

Thank you for your very honest feeback and you are right. I am just going with a new version of the top part of the banner. But FYI It won't clash with the ABW banner because there will not be an ABW banner.

All the merchants forums are set up with just their banner on top and in their own colors like this. http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=8096078781

Thanks for telling me the truth that I needed to hear. I knew that was true - but I just wear rose colored glasses and want to help everyone and want affiliates to know how much I care and can relate. But like you said the ones that come to know me will discover that on their own. Good advice!

Haiko is God.

Just testing...

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I saw the same thing Poon saw.

I don't work for ANY of these merchants

Sounds like a lack of accountability.

Thanks Linda, Changed my avatar and sig!

Jason, Much better! :lol:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Linda

Yes you certainly are one of the most helpful AMs on the planet, still trying to go through all the stuff you researched and put up on a range of forums

My one comment would be again about the Merchant bit, how about adding a "Building Partnerships" slant, keeps the merchants and allows you to say you're not working for the merchants, the exact wording doesn't spring to mind right now...

Cheers

Chris

Poon, Pete and Chris,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't work for ANY of these merchants - I work for YOU!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually none of my current clients would have a problem with this comment. They know exactly how affiliate-centered I am and understand.
    Even when I was in upper management for big corporations, I was the same way with my customers. When I was doing a big seminar for 300 people or even in some of my marketing I would say basically the same thing - I don't work for the company - I work for YOU! Going the extra mile to serve customers (or in the case affiliates) and truly WORK for THEM - IMHO always helps the company or merchant in the long run.

But I can see how a new clients could take it wrong - if they don't know me or understand what I mean by that. I am totally redoing the header anyway though, taking into account all the feedback I have gotten here.

Jason - that avatar is YOU! So much better! You are such a cute little pup!

[This message was edited by AMconsulting on August 07, 2003 at 10:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by AMconsulting on August 07, 2003 at 10:35 AM.]

Can't wait to see the new one. I had some comments about the one you already posted, but since you're redoing it, I think I'll hold off.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

Patrice,

I value your input. Please give me your thoughts so I can consider them for the new design. I just got 2 new clients I nee to get to launched and I'm so busy, having a hard time focusing on this - even though my new ABW forum is a top priority. Need all the help I can get. Fire away or PM me with your ideas.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    OK then how about :

"I work for YOU and go the extra mile to serve all your business needs!"

The only time I use negatives in selling is when I use lots of them. IE:

*) Tired of fighting traffic?
    *) Tired of crowded stored?
    *) Tired of waiting in lines?
    *) Tired of lugging all your purchases up your stairs and into your home.
    *) Tired of using high credit and running up your own credit card debt!

Buy it online today with someone elses card you idot!

Now thats negative selling LOL. If your ad isn't full of negatives, then simply remove the negative and state the positive!

Ok, I'm getting close now. All New design.
    Still need to tweak some more this weekend. Better?

http://www.5starwebtools.com/Abestwebheader.html

Looks great Linda!

What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Yep I'm a cute pup! Looks good Linda, I'm a cute adorable pup with a sense of humor... Gotta have humor in this business.... LOL..

Man I just love this forum! Going Going gone into Retirement very soon!. Just watch me be successful and help our family live a fun life!

Very Nice... Love the colors!
    Forgot to add the header load time:

14 sec load on 56K

I'm on DSL so thought I would check it for you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast