Curious to hear feedback from any UK affiliates that are finding success in the US?

Do many US merchants accept/welcome non-US affiliates?

How do payments get made?

Hi Yogi62

I'm not from the UK, but I still try to answer some of your questions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do many US merchants accept/welcome non-US affiliates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, My experience is that many US merchants accept non-US affiliates. There are some that don't, but in that case it sometimes helps to contact that merchant and ask why you were rejected. And explain that you only target the US market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How do payments get made? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly by check. I have no idea why Americans use those checks so much...old fashioned . I prefer electronic payment but it's often not possible.

"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation"

same story here..

most merchants are ok, a few are really clueless - "sorry, we don't ship outside the US"

CJ and Tradedoubler direct deposit to UK, most of the rest are cheques in the post, seems like they haven't caught up with the electronic age yet .. and don't forget to endorse the cheques, another little quirk

for UK check out Royal Bank of Scotland, they charge per foreign currency DEPOSIT not per CHEQUE so can make a huge difference to charges

ABW Ambassador
    i do ok as a uk affiliate, but it does annoy me when i get told that as i am not in the usa, i will not be approved!! how silly is that???
    90% of my customers are from usa, and I make a my new sites just for the usa!

more money as us in the Uk still do not buy that much online and the commission is crap!! why get 2% when you can get 8-10?? I cannot even be bothered with uk affiliate programs! i have not had one cheque from a uk program since i started!!

And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread