the Real Northern California
    I'm celebrating my 1st anniversary of going online. The year has been an interesting and fun experience. Made a little money and learned a lot but not quite enough yet because I still have that day job .
    My biggest challege is unquestionably time. After 40-50 hours a week on the j#@ I just don't seem to have time to put more than 30-40 hours into my business.
    How does everyone do it? Do most affiliates here do it full time or do others have to spend time at a job also?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Santa Cruz, CA
    Hey ronWLS, I do affiliate marketing part time and work my day job fulltime. The secret is to learn as much as you can from here and start making pages(quality pages) and of course when those pay checks from your affiliate marketing outweigh the day job then you can quit your day job, But I would wait till you reach a certain amount (example: $5000 a month) and don't quit your day job unless you can keep reaching that amound for a solid 3 months streight then quit. The cool thing amount the business here is there's basically unlimited products and pages you can make... Okay.. best of luck, I'm planning to quit my sucky job. as soon as I reach $2000 a month for a 3rd month in a row.

xtremeshopping inc. goal financial free by 4/6/2004 (my Birthday!)adorable,nice, sweet, committed member. :0)

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Happy Anniversary Ron!

Lots of people here are still working at a J.O.B.
    I'll let some of the pros come and give you some tips on time management. Not my strong suit.

Good luck!

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst
    Representing High Paying 5 Star Affiliate Programs ~ Visit our NEW ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">Irv's Luggage ~ Executive Essentials ~ DentalPlans ~ IntellicontactPro ~ zZounds ~ Roadloans ~ MORE!</font>

in the PhillyBurbs!
    I love my job

As for time management, you'll get a zillion different opinions on it, but here's my 2 cents worth.

To get started on a major project (or to push one ahead), I believe you have to set hard goals and specific times. It's all priorities. What are you doing besides working, sleeping and eating? Push the rest to the bottom of the list and move your affiliate marketing to the top.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    Congrats on your one year anniversary. Here's to continued growth and bigger checks in your second year!

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    happy anniversary

Newly, happily unemployed. Free at last.. thanks to affiliate marketing.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread