It is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one,
    When they discover that someone else believes in them
    And is willing to trust them."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Come on, The sign of intelligent people is their ability to control
    emotions by the application of reason.
    -- Marya Mannes, "More in Anger", 1958

This quote rocks...

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe.. click here to save the world

hehe.. click here to save the world Yep that's correct! True!

it's 1pm and i'm still coding from yesterday , maybe i should have stayed in that safe secure boring dull tedious day job, are you sure you want this 'freedom'???!

Freedom it is. But I got a Huge Mission and GOAL... Attached to my business! More then Freedom I want to be known as a business that changes lifes! Getting Excited.. Perhaps I'll be taking a Congratulations for retirement vacation to Thailand and Chris can show me a tour of Mondera... If that's Possible Chris?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>boring dull tedious day job<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Boring... is building affilite sites boring? I kind of think it is, it is much more of a challenge to build sites for other companies. They have to look good and my affilite sites don't. There is nobody to harass me and say that needs to move 1/8" to the left. The monthly google update used to be fun, but now that seems to be gone. Watching the money roll in is fun, but cutting and pasting links is such a bore. Hard to get motivated sometimes.

jane- Would you rather make sites or work a shitty job for 40 hours a week? I would rather work on sites for 16 hours and get payed good compared to working the night job for 40 hours

i never get bored... even if i have to work day + night... hahaha

but with a day job i'm bored 5 mins after i walk through the door

no more day jobs thanx

midnightcoder- i'm with you right when I walk into my J.O.B. I start frieking out and get really bored.. That's why I'm working my ass off on this. Cause I am starting to get stressed out... Going to Fight for it till I'm out of there!

ABW Ambassador
    Bored? Never. If doing affiliate sites is boring to you, then really you should find something else.

No work should be boring. If it is, then do something else.

I sometimes have days when I don't do much, but I never get bored with it. Especially when I see the results come in

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Really just wondering if I would get bored after a year or so doing it full time. Then again it might be more interesting if I had more time to put into it instead of having to rush through it all in my limited hours. Work always seems to get boring once you are familiar with it and it becomes easy.

ABW Ambassador
    I hear what you are saying Jane I sometimes get bogged down when I develop a new strategy that must be applied to an existing website and see that it will take say 2 months to implement. I think the trick is setting milestones that you must achieve within a particular timeframe and the extreme pleasure you experience when you blow these away.

I don't think this could ever get boring. Your time is your own. You step away from the keyboard for an hour, a day or one time I even did it for 8 months Every time you come back you have the unbridled anticipation of logging into your stats programs and anticipating the changes as you wait for the figures to load.

There is nothing quite like the buzz of realizing that you have hit your milestone for that time period and doubled or tripled your expectations. Also the size of your marketplace on the internet means that your earning potential can grow exponentially overnight. Something that can't be achieved in a bricks and mortar store.

There is nothing quite like the buzz of realizing you have to shift you milestones several times a week and by the end of the week the figure you wanted to see as your goal, you now consider your baseline daily earning amount for the following week.

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu</font>

ABW Ambassador
    It is wonderful to work for you, and not do what someone tells you to do. Most people who have ever told me what to do were not able to do what they were asking me to do. It is nice to be able to do those things because I want to do them, and not because I have been told to do it.
    I love the fact that I can do what I want when I want, and still get paid for doing it

Of course doubling last months income also helps eliminate boredom. It is nice to earn more each month

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I think the last time I was bored I was 13.

Between 5 sites, 4 kids, I mean 3 kids and hubby, and the house I would PAY for an hour a day boredom.

But I know what your talking about jane, the cutting and pasting can get a bit painful. I just hop in here and read jasons posts(hes a motivational poster) and I can cut and paste with ease

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 4 kids, I mean 3 kids and hubby <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu</font>

Freedom is a good thing, watching the money roll in is wonderful. I just don't see anyone saying they are actually having fun making the pages. Every job has it's bad points, but someone must be having fun making pages.

ABW Ambassador
    I have a love hate relationship with making pages. I absolutely adore the challenge of figuring out new code to make my life easier and my site better, faster, more automated. I hate coding static. Since the inception of datafeeds I tried to code 2 static sites. I finished one and abandoned the other.

The funny thing about us silly humans is that we admire success against seemingly insurmountable odds. We are not happy unless we feel we have struggled to get where we are.

So if coding your sites seems like a bit of a struggle at the moment, concentrate on that undeniable feeling of accomplishment you will have earned on it's completion.

Trust me it is one of the best buzzes on earth.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    Freedom is a good thing, watching the money roll in is wonderful. I just don't see anyone saying they are actually having fun making the pages. Every job has it's bad points, but someone must be having fun making pages.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because making pages is DULL! It's secretarial work once the methods are refined. I had a lot of fun figuring out the things dear to me: How to eliminate all the w*rk from the task! I always love figuring out ways to accomplish something by doing practically nothing while the Rest of the Place is working its tail off to do half as much. But now I figured that out. I even figured out a pitch that would work with EVERY product merchant so I wouldn't have to individualize even the index page of a section. Just click, presto, site up.

But now that I've done that, the "side challenge" has been won and the excitement is pretty much gone.

I won't quit doing it, though, because it still beats a "real job" by light years! No boss, I can do it Whenever and However I choose (as long as I don't break the Ts & Cs), there is unspeakably less hash involved, and the money is infinitely better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There is nobody to harass me and say that needs to move 1/8" to the left. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If someone said that to me I'd probably pop 'em in the teeth so I don't want a situation where people had a right to say anything like THAT! That nitpicky BS (and even worse nitpicking, over everything) is one of the main things I hate about empl*yment.

I will never be so bored doing this that I'd want to go back to empl*yment--in fact, I don't consider going back to that state to be an option at all. I may do other things in the future, but w*rking for someone else is NOT one of them!

Plus, watching the money roll in will NEVER get boring, and there is already that visceral excitement when I think that the brats are back in school (or soon to be)--and that their parents, the Buyers, are now chained to their computers once again with nothing to distract them from ORDERING!

But I did get bored enough to start selling this beautiful stuff of my own through CafePress. Amazing how exciting things got again when it became MY product on the other side of the ad spin and the "Click Here" link!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I hate updating old static pages, the most fun right now is trying to get on the first page of google everytime and watching the bottom line increase every month.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Every job has it's bad points, but someone must be having fun making pages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am having fun creating pages with graphics, because it's a new thing for me learning the coding stuff.

I might get bored later on, but right now I am having fun with this new task!

There's so much to learn in Computers and I don't intend to stop learning what I can.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Nova,

Can I ask which Pacific Island You are from? I am originally from Fiji myself. Its a bit hard to judge from your icon.

Ni Sa Bula Vinaka!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread