Greetings everyone,

I am so very new at this affiliate business and although I have my own business website where I sell new and used books I really don't know where to begin.

I am an affiliate of lots of different companies but from reading the board i get the feeling that I am going about this all wrong.

Could someone please tell me where to start and what I should be doing to attract visitors to my site and also encourage them to click on the advertisements.

Thank you for all your help.

Diane

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DianeHeather:
    I am so very new at this affiliate business and although I have my own business website where I sell new and used books I really don't know where to begin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You already have somewhere to start if you already have a business website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am an affiliate of lots of different companies but from reading the board i get the feeling that I am going about this all wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is this wrong? I am affiliates with over 2,000 different merchants. I only use maybe 200 of them, and make money from over 50 of them. To find the ones that will work for you, you need to test a lot of them, and then get rid of the crap, and keep those that work for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Could someone please tell me where to start and what I should be doing to attract visitors to my site and also encourage them to click on the advertisements.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to build an affiliate site, optimize it for the search engines, the visitors will come if you have done that right. People will click on the links if you are offering them what they are looking for. For example, if you mislead them and do not have what they searched for, then they will go elsewhere

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Thank you so much CJ, I really do appreciate your insight.

When you say, build an affiliate website you mean totally seperate from my business web site, one that will stand alone?

Gosh, it sounds as if I have my work cut out for me, that's okay though because I love a challenge. If you had a sample site I could look at that would be wonderful. I'm just not sure what an affiliate site is supposed to look like.

Thank you so much for your help, I hope you won't mind if I ask more questions. If you do you can just tell me to stop talking and I promise I will.

Diane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm just not sure what an affiliate site is supposed to look like.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's supposed to look like whatever you want it to look like. Do a search for something you want to sell and look at the sites. It is easy to tell which are affiliate sites and which are merchant sites.

Hello Jane, nice to meet you. Thank you for your advice I'll be sure to follow your instructions.

Diane

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread