Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Hello everyone, I have decided I'm going to be giving my 2 week notice from Safeway INC. on September 14th and moving over the hill In Merced(atwater) to live a better jobless life full of freedom! Going hit out this business Fulltime! I"m going to be living with some family so I can start a new life and career:-) in affiliate marketing. I;m making about $400 a month which is enough to live on each month in Merced. So it's going to be ramen for meals instead of Steaks. But I feel I need to make these changes if I'm going to be able to live a better life! Wish me Luck. So I will not be available on the computer for the end of september. But will be back!

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

Good luck Jason,

I wish you all the best!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Good luck Jason. Just imagine all those extra pages you can build if you go full time.

Download Site Map Creator Today

Thanks Nova and perfectG, I just feel in order to be successful I need to take that Big Step and work on my passion (which is affiliate marketing more)

Perfect g: yeah more pages more money!

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Go for it Jason, you'll never regret it..

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

Geezee are you serious! Well hunger is always an incentive. Dang...

Do you have an education to fall back on? At a bare minimum, I must confess even I have a Masters Degree.

Make sure you are ready and set, do not do anything foolish. Even bill gates maintain a reasonable education. geezeee

Good luck with the move Jason and I know you are going to be a great success story

STOP it DAMN IT.. He is only making $400 a month. Damn what is wrong with you people.

When he is hungry I bet not a single one of you will take him in. STOP it. Whats wrong with you people.

jasonco12

When you realize $400 a month will get you not even paying for the big servers or the extra programming help.

Remember those bung holes that prodded you on.

DANG Young MAN do not listen to them.

DAMN

Surely you have not smoked that much pot. Get a grip.

Jason,
    Please really really think about this before you make this big step.
    I don't know of anyone who quit their full time job when they were only making $400 a month.

You still have a lot to learn about this line of work. Better to take it slow.

Having time to make more pages is not the answer. You need to concentrate more on the pages you already have and find a focus first.
    You need to work more on the quality than the quantity.

I think this is really a foolish move. Your family is only going to take you in for so long.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

SandraR- Actually It's going to be close to 500 soon, I can live off of it, so it's a good move. I'm making more pages and seeing some $$$$ come in now. Only $400 will be $800 soon a feel it..

Connie Berg- You don't work at SAfeway. You have no clue how hard it is on your health... Besides I could get a part time job if I need too, Also Connie: You still have a lot to learn about this line of work. Better to take it slow.

Having time to make more pages is not the answer. You need to concentrate more on the pages you already have and find a focus first.
    You need to work more on the quality than the quantity.
    I know that I have been doing this for a long time. I used to make $2000 a month but Work and High School resulted in me not making enough. Just watch. I'm going to submit some applications over there. But I'm not going to work for Safeway no more.

Jason, I have worked in a lot of crappy places in my life. How about 12 hours a day 7 days a week on the corn inspection line during the corn pack? You ain't worked hard until you have done assembly line work.
    And my husband worked in grocery stores for 15 years.

Your family is only going to support you for so long. You have internet connection costs, hosting costs...

A part time job is going to be just as hard and crappy as safeway.

Sorry to be so abrupt, but I have seen your site and you are nowhere near ready to do this full time. You should wait until you know what you are doing before you start to do it full time.

I think it is very selfish of you to expect your family to help support you while you go off on a wild goose chase.

I am not saying it can't be done, or give up your dream. Just learn what you need to learn before you jump in head first.

Connie Berg

jasonco12,

Its evident you are young by your recent postings. So let me educate you a tad.....

And do not shun me before you read OK! Give me a break.

$895 a month I pay for my server
    $65,000 a year for my engineers
    $20,000 a year for packagng
    $65,000 a quarter for radio advertising

and I can go on and on and on. What you are trying to do is silly, get your numbers up, and get your own server, get at least 100,000 a year salary before you decide this is for you!

Work long enough to save up some money to support yourself first....

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with Connie and Sandra, although i don't know you personally or your situation. I think a lot of people are more concerned about being nice than being honest with you, which in my opinion is really kind of cruel. You've been doing this for 7 years and are at $400 a month. Having a dream and going for it is great but it takes more than that to succeed, this isn't for everyone. Maybe you shouldn't look at this as your sole source of income but as extra money that you could use and take some classes or something. But you're going to do what you're going to do. Personally i don't think this is for you, but would very happy for you if you succeed.

I work in boxers

SandraR - First of all I may be young, But If I'm making a mistake then oh well. I only make $24,000 a year working at Safeway, If I hit the $50,000 a yaer from online. Then I don't see why I shouldn't.

In reply to 895 a month I pay for my server
    $65,000 a year for my engineers
    $20,000 a year for packagng
    $65,000 a quarter for radio advertising

Hmm I don't spend that much on advertising and I am doing just fine. Actually I might get another job if I need too. Like I do not care if I keep on working here It's going to be far worse..

I know that the marketing classes I took in college have come in very handy.
    If you hate your job, go part time and take some classes. I am sure if your family is willing to take you in and help support you anyways, they would be happy to help you out while you get some education.

Connie Berg

I know that the marketing classes I took in college have come in very handy.
    If you hate your job, go part time and take some classes. I am sure if your family is willing to take you in and help support you anyways, they would be happy to help you out while you get some education.

Good Idea Connie. I don't know if they have a University over there, I think it is closed to due California debt. but I will go part time if I need too.

Lots of times there are community colleges or even community education classes.
    You usually don't have to enroll full time, lots of times they let you take one or two classes.

Connie Berg

jasonco12,

Young optimistic man, I have been doing this a very long time. I started with a bricks a mortar than bought a lot more of the boogers now have franchise, and then went Internet. So those numbers I gave you are only the last time I looked which was 5 years ago.

But I will tell you this, have a dream work it, but by GOD do not make your family suffer for it. You make $400.00 a month dang that will barely pay for rent. Who is going to feed you?

And if you say my family is there for you, how much can you impose on them geezee are you a total inconsiderate person?

They have lives and children that could use what you will take up. DANG think of others.

But that is just my opinion

ABW Ambassador
    Jason
    People here are trying to be honest with you. You do need to do the maths, but....

I started full time when I was making $50 a month. I did not have a choice and did have savings to keep my wife, two dogs & myself for several months.

Sandra, you may spend a lot on advertising but paying for visitors is not necessary in everyones case. For those that know how to ooptimize pages, they can get a lot of visitors for free. I cant speak for anyone else (though there was a poll around a while ago about "how much you spend on advertising"), but I pay ZERO for advertising and £16.99 per month hosting. My domains are probably another £300 eper year.

Jason, yo have a dream. Only you know whether it is right to go for that dream now. Good luck my friend.

Download Site Map Creator Today

ABW Ambassador
    Thee are no guarantees in this business except you will be robbed from.

While you may not need much to live on, $400 a month is not much at all to make the move you are going to make.

Realities -
    1) More and more parasites are entering the market which only means more theft and a harder time for you to make "significant earnings from where you are".
    2) More and more people who are technically savy are entering the market with datafeeds which will make it harder for you to compete and make consistant earnings.
    3) You dont have the skills needed at this time to develop a good web site that attracts visitors and allows you to compete effectively.

My suggestion is to post less, read more, refine your skills and re-evaluate in 6 months.

Your eagerness and goals are admirable but your naiveness completly destroys my "and probably others" perception of taking you seriously.

As far as quiting a job and moving on to another one heck - I've quit a ton of them "it does suck working for somebody else" but I never quit while I didn't have another one that resulted in higher earnings already in my pocket.

I urge you to take a breath and re-evaluate most of your thinking. This market is getting more competitive every day and it looks like a sure thing with your lack of skills that you'll get left in the dust.

Desire alone and outragous goals are not a secret for success in any business.

Best of luck to you in whatever your decision is. Make it wisely.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Jason,

I guess I am the overly worried mother...... When you need a place to live call me K, Cause at $400 a month or $500 a month you will not make a living.

What you will make is a situation for the family to take care of. And as you may see it its nothing.... Until you are that family member paying for the results of an idea!

When you start thinking of others then and only then willyou be a success!

SandraR. Actually you see I am willing to pay for food, and Don't need to worry about rent , but we are actually looking for a place so we can all live together. So I wouldn't call that inconsiderate since we all want to live around the same area. Like I said I'm moving closer to my family and going to work this business and also if needed get a part time job or marketing classes. Like I said You have no idea who I am, what I am capable of and my educational background. I graduated from HIGH education honors. ... . bah humbug I disagree with this comment: You dont have the skills needed at this time to develop a good web site that attracts visitors and allows you to compete effectively. I do I just don't have the time to make a better site as Safeway is screwing me over, Never have enough time, I sleep all day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast