Thinking of creating a real estate page, but do people buy real estate online? opinion please..

Also if you haven't seen this thread: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4526016804 please do so:

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

People look for real estate online. You can't buy a house with the click of a button.

Out of about 2,800 targetted visitors this year I generated 400 clicks netting a whopping $15.24.

Getting the traffic was damned hard in the first place, and expensive too. Got my fingers burned on that one.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I have a friend that sold a Florida condo online, on ebay, but that's about all I've ever heard of.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jason I have put up 2 real estate sites and 3 Mortgage lending type sites. for clients. They all just seek to bird dog prospects to call or visit their offices. No push to actually sell online just ADVERTISE. Your find no love in either verticle ..very cut throat. Making the sites was fun and they turned out to get traffic but most of it is very local or directed to those moving to a new area.

Can't see any sales from my Real estate -and resort property sections beyond some occassional Lending Tree sale. All the moving -rental, Room Mate and Home Listing merchants haven't show squat for the clicks.

Stick with putting up a product type merchant section where an actual immediate purchase takes place. Lead merchants are costly to promote unless you spam the hell suspect lists like the majority who claim they make money pushing them.

Spamm is useful for picking merchants. Any category that shows up in lot's of spam avoid like the plague. Sell into a pissed off marketplace is an uphill battle.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, you should be promoting gifts, jewelry, magazines etc. You don't need to be trying to compete with credit card offers, mortgages, web hosting, debt consolidation etc.
    Until you have a grasp on what you need to do to really make money in the cut-throat markets, you should just concentrate on the easier things such as gifts

There are probably millions of sites promoting gifts, but it is quite easy to get into that market. There are probably millions of sites trying to get into the real estate market, but only a tiny portion will make any money. The same goes for any of the pay per lead markets. They are just too competetive for an affiliate who is just starting out.

I know that you have been doing this for a while, but with the best will in the world, you still have a tremendous amount to learn.

You should be promoting; gifts, clothing, shoes, jewelry, magazines and a few other things. Those are pretty easy to make money from. You can make a nice living promoting just those things. Forget about real estate and the other pay per lead types until you are more aware of what works and what does not

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    The only people that I know that make money selling real estate on the www are the agents and a few SEM types that build relationships with specific agents in specific areas. The relationship must be built on trust because the sales, and commission, is based on face to face agent/buyer contact over an extended period of time and the sale can fail for any number of reasons - home inspection to buyer not getting the loan.

If you can't follow the process from your lead referral to close of escrow, your out of the loop and will never know if you are owed a referral fee or not. Some state laws require you to be an agent even to get a referral fee.

If you were to build a targeted page for "real estate in santa cruz ca" you could get limited traffic and refer look-e-loos [spelling] that just might buy.

Area by area geo-targeting will be here soon.

1466 ¬*santa cruz real estate
    ¬*188 ¬*santa cruz county real estate
    ¬*179 ¬*real estate santa cruz california
    ¬*178 ¬*real estate santa cruz ca
    ¬*88 ¬*santa cruz mountain real estate
    ¬*54 ¬*real estate in santa cruz
    ¬*32 ¬*real estate in santa cruz ca
    ¬*27 ¬*santa cruz real estate listing

santa cruz real estate
    1(Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.75) = Local MLS pooling resources
    2(Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.74) = John O'Donnell an agent
    3(Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.65) = Carol¬*VanAusdal an agent

Now the median price in Los Gatos Mountains was $688,500 in 2001 according to John's site.
    Lets say he will makes 3.5%, sharing the commission with a listing broker, of a single sale or $24,097.
    John can afford to spend a bundle to make one sale.

Seems like WAY to much risk to you for the effort involved - imho

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Also beware of certain states that do not allow realtors to split off a referal fee from their commission. (Although I know many who do it "off-the-record") In Colorado a realtor cannot even relinquish his commission in the case where he/she is helping out a friend or family member.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Maybe the ABW group should adopt Jason and collectively put together a web site for him with a brand new domain name as a project. I'd dare any AM to not approve this project site as an affiliate and would actually see them use it as a test bed for new creatives. The can hook in all the affiloate related media to the project and publish the stats.

Just a though as I sip my coffee and eat a few day old Krispy Creams.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    We will pay for hosting and I will pay a third of the Yahoo! fee. The dmoz bribe is up to someone else

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

We make money on our real estate channel, but there's a lot of overhead involved. Not sure it's something I'd tackle as an affiliate.

Just my two shiny pennies' worth.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    NO

I work in boxers

Adam I'll submit a site layout design for group approval and add in some graphics. The merchant selections should be restricted to only those who actively post at ABW. Imagine the collective wisdom of the thousands of ABW members pooring into a model affiliate web site.

If we don't do this project for Jason we can do it for Haiko/ABW as a way of funding affiliateunion.org.

Mike & Charlie ...

The homestore network is the 23rd most trafficed group on the internet, realtor.com alone pulls in nearly a million visitors a week. I work for a company that does 3d virtual tours of homes, and i am trying to get them to start up an affiliate program, giving $20 a tour.

I see that no one other then Adam even bothered to pick up on my idea for ABW memebers to jointly build out a test bed Cybermall site. Posting meaningful stats alone would have been invaluable highlighting to all ABW "best practices" do produce sustanable honest affiliate income.

More information on the real estate opportunities for these above mentioned top RE sites can be found by searching F**kedcomapny.com

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    I've thought about starting a real estate -related site as well ,or at least buying and holding a catchy real-estate related domain name , but the domain name that came to me as a brainstorm was taken

It would have been an awesome domain :
    SherlockHomes.com

Can you just see the logo for it ? It could be none other than a detective guy with a magnifying glass finding "homes" on a map ?

Darn it - still gets me annoyed whenever I think of it .

And, with "Sherlock Holmes" being in the public domain , and "Sherlock" being a common dictionary word for "detective" , I don't believe there would be any trademark issues at all .

If I can't own SherlockHomes.com , I don't want any other name for a real estate site , but heck, I guess I could just get over some day

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread