So on Monday Sept 22 my sister and I will be getting on a plane in Los Angeles, and on Tuesday morning we'll be arriving in Amsterdam!

We have a friend's vacant house to use in Zwijndrecht, but we have no plans for the next 2 weeks.

We'll probably take the train to Paris for a day or two.

Monday the 6th of October we'll head home.

Anybody want to suggest things to do or see in Europe? Anybody want to show us around? Buy us lunch? Anybody want to lend us a couple of bicycles?

Gotta finish all (some of) the projects I have started before I leave. Then I'll have to learn to be away from my computer for days at a time.

ABW Ambassador
    In Paris definetly see the Louvre, a museum worth going to, thats where they have the Mona Lisa. The Moulin Rouge is a must go, when i went there unfortunately they had Latoya Jackson headlining, but the rest of the show was great. The Lido is good too. I went to paris with my cousin and the bus tour guy took a few of us to Crazy Hourse Saloon, thats for the fellas Last time i was in Amsterdam i was 12 and went with parents I do remember the Red Light District being an interesting place. I need a vacation too

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 12, 2003 at 10:20 PM.]

missdonna - Well I'm going to hopefully be taking a vacation to Yosmite in about a month or so. Need it. Never been to Europe so can't help you there.. have a fun time though!

xtremeshopping.org
    Beware parasiteware
    <a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">click here<a>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm beating you to Vacation-Land by a couple of days--I'm off to Florida for two weeks starting TOMORROW!

Not sure what to add for things to do in Europe. I've heard their baked goods are great in France and Germany though, so be sure to try some out and post how they really taste...

Have fun!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Paris is a great city, the only problem is theres too many French people there. Last time I was there I need to use the toilet, I walked into a restraunt and ask the waiter if I could use the toilet, he looked at me like I was a turd and said no, my reply, "F*** you, frog b******." Worst people you could ever meet and I love foreigners. Belgian people are so nice, if you get a chance go to Brussels.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Have a great vacation! You too, Leader!

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

If you go to Paris check out the Rodin museum --it's in a beautiful chateau, it's not too big, so you don't feel like screaming after seeing the 17000th great painting like you would in the Louvre. It's full of great pieces of sculpture by Rodin.
    If you're at all interested in art, don't miss the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. It's amazing.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

I've been applying some discipline to myself, and I'm getting a lot done. I won't allow myself to start any new projects unless I've made significant progress on projects already started.

I really want to get my new sites ready for the traffic I hope Google will start sending soon.

When it's time to leave I expect to have everything in place, so I can just check occasionally to see the commissions rolling in and paying for the trip.

I really really need this vacation. I'm getting compulsive about this affiliate stuff.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread