Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    ..of my sad Internet connection at home, 56k modems just don't do the business anymore..gotta spend some cash and move to ADSL...knowing my luck my house is outside the area covered by the service

If not I hope to to be on a 512 line by next weekend....so what is the best online game right now (didn't think I was getting it for work did you )

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

The best online game.. well, it's affiliate marketing, of course!

It may be cool being a level 43 character with a BFG9000 gun but it's not the same as getting a fat commission cheque!

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

I"m going to be getting dsl soon too.. What's the best online game?????

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

Moo, you're on a roll this week that's for sure

Cheers

Chris

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I will tell you what amazes me, though, is the amount of money being made on ebay for Ultima online virtual items. I saw a 'castle' once sell for $1,500. That is, if you buy the item, the seller meets you in the virtual game and transfers possession to you..... hundreds of items being sold every week, lol.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

I love the slimeware site moo.....Good Stuff!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    If not I hope to to be on a 512 line by next weekend....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Maybe by the first weekend in October, if you're extremely lucky

Hi elbowcreek

Yea I heard about that same in Everquest though I believe both games said it was "illegal", or "frowned upon" or "Where's our cut" or something like that

$1,500 for a virtual castle... now I'd have to be seriously rich and have no life away from my PC to do that....tempting I must admit, though I fail on the 'rich' bit

October ShoreMark , you must have spent time in Thailand, Called the number today to get my phone line checked....no one picked up ...December maybe

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Did I hear someone say online games?

I only really play 1, it's an old one called Starcraft. Anyone wanna rock?

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Chris,

Battlefield 1942 is this year's best online game. Maybe a tad too much action for an old man like you...

Oldie but goodie (version 3 is in the works) that I play every day is Tribes 2. Once you learn the basics, it can be VERY addictive ;-)

Erik

OLD Man! Do we own you any commission young lad? I'll be keeping it for my pension if we do

Cheers

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smallshop:
    Chris,

Battlefield 1942 is this year's best online game. Maybe a tad too much action for an old man like you... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have 1 game installed on my notebook and its Battlefield 1942, online its even better.

Ian @ EYI- When I get dsl and move and find my starcraft game we will see how good you are.. You better start practicing! Just a little hint..

xtremeshopping.org
    Beware parasiteware
    <a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">click here<a>

Okay so I got this ADSL Modem sitting on my desk, all geared up and ready to roll...

Now the nice people at the shop said it will take 7 days to activate my account, okay fine, but in the box there was a "10 hour test account" with a speed of 128/64, so I try to connect and nothing happened...timed out

So does something need to be activated at the other end of my telephone line for this to work (hence the 7 day wait) or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    Hiya Chris, Sorry I havent been back to you, Client is away in Australia for a week. I will assume that the 64/128 option they offer you is ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network)line which allows both Data and voice to travel over the same wires and they have sold you a modem that does both ISDN and ADSL (Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line called such as you get much faster DL then Upload) in both scenarios the telecommunications company needs to install extra wire to your house if your area is not prewired onto the service and in both cases you will need to install filters which separate the data from the voice. An unfiltered phone line on a ISDN or ADSL network will prevent the data line from synching in as telephone equipment sends continous pings onto the line. One thing you could do to test whether you have the service available already is disconnect all telephones, faxes etc and try to connect.

I would imagine you would have to sit tight till they come and sort you out. Your modem should have two lights on it and they both need to be constantly on to prove that you have a connection. If one is flashing it means the modem hasn't synched in and you have to wait for your supplier to sort it out with P&T.

If you have opted for some kind of self install it may take seven days for them to hook you up to ADSL via the telephone exchange and you are left to buy and fit the filters yourself. In this case get one filter for each phone device in the house and a splitter with data and phone for your computer. If you don't have a phone near your computer you don't need a filter here.

Cheers,

Dirk

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

[This message was edited by DPG on September 13, 2003 at 03:29 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yeah! If you haven't played Diablo II, you haven't lived.

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

Hi DPG

Yes I'm waiting on the 7 days to get me sorted on the self install, my present line is already good to go and then Modem came with the splitter, looks like I just gotta be Patient....this sucks

Diablo II online, yea I played Diablo I but there were so many people cheating

First game I ever played online was Meridian 59, is that still around?

cheers

Chris

Woooooo... 4 days early...now we're rocking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DPG:
    ... and ADSL (Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line called such as you get much faster DL then Upload) ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emm, I thought ADSL stands for Asymetric Digital Subscriber Line

BTW: The game I still enjoy the most is Jane's F/A-18, way back from '98! Anyone care to chalenge me?

YOURsoft affiliate software
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    A good parasite is a dead parasite. Screw it up and you're screwed!
    Save your affiliate program, save your earnings; Fight ParasiteWareâ„¢!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chris: ahh diablo. I still prefer the early version of Gauntlet! "The warrior needs food badly" - Hey enjoy the DSL!

Jason: Anytime u wanna rock, just let me know. Brood War and no cheating please.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread