ABW Ambassador
    So,

What merchants are offering data feeds or XML Feeds?
    Please add to the list.

1) Amazon.com - XML
    2) Ebay.com - XML
    3) TigerDirect - CSV, not on-line yet
    4) Overstock - CSV, ??

Via LinkShare Merchandiser Program:

Art.com
    Buy.com
    Coldwater Creek
    Cooking.com
    Hallmark Cards
    Handspring
    Hickory Farms
    Illuminations.com
    J&R Music World
    OfficeMax
    Omaha Steaks
    OverStock.com
    Personal Creations
    RedEnvelope
    The Sharper Image
    Walmart.com

Independents:

Allposters
    GoCollect

Some/all may have qualifying criteria.

Are you Crazy?

Affiliate Manager
    The Interactive Affiliate Network - databases for hotels and vacation rentals

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jessica - IAN:
    The Interactive Affiliate Network - databases for hotels and vacation rentals
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops - should have remembered that one.

While you're here Jessica, I just received the email below. It isn't absolutely clear, but it reads like you're about to put a toll free number on pages displayed on affiliate sites.

If so, how will you be capturing the affiliate info?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. We are pleased to announce that within the next 24 hours we will be adding a generic toll free hotel number to your pages! This number will show up on all of your net rate city pages. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your account manager at the email address below. Thanks.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Ah ah! I now see the LinkShare Merchandiser program... I did not know about that part of Linkshare... Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    The number is set only for affiliates using links from TravelNow.com - the agent requests the discount code which is referenced on the site and matches your cid code.

In general, there has been a 10-20% increase in sales for affilaties that we have already added this number to. If your sales increase enough, we can assign a number just to your site that will autosource.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

i am just working with a collectibles and gift site which provides data feeds... working on some way to use it with a site im working on..

It's called collectiblestoday.com

hope this helps.
    Fox

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyGuy:
    Via LinkShare Merchandiser Program:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$250.00?
    ...guess I'll have to wait until I can justify (as in my technical level) that kind of expense. I'm currently just looking for a datafeed to start experimenting with (although I would prefer it to be a merchant that I actually am affiliated with already).

CollectableCrazy.com {} CollectibleCrazy.com {} eTMAC.com {}
    ExchangeReview.com {} Seek360.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    I'm currently just looking for a datafeed to start experimenting with (although I would prefer it to be a merchant that I actually am affiliated with already).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stanley - you're a GoCollect/Cusimano kinda guy yes?

If so, you will alraedy have the GoCollect data feed. It has the kind of fields/format you find in most DFs. Its big, so I'd chop it down for testing, but good for practice.

The only thing it's not typical of is it's flat structure - categories are only one level deep (manufacturer). Many DFs have sub cats which is a bit more complex if you're building a site structure based on them.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    crazyguy,

I thought David modified the datafeeds for his scripts?

Anyways I haven't used David's GoCollect script yet as I'm waiting until I get the latest AllPosters and PhotoRazzi updates uploaded to my server &lt; It takes awhile to upload that many pages [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] &gt;

I did however get the TD datafeed file to start playing with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I thought David modified the datafeeds for his scripts?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(I think) only Allposters - amazon's an xml feed and photorazzi's pulled in live from their site.

Sorry - for some reason I thought you were a GoCollect affiliate - if not, PM me and I'll give you my recruiting URL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

With the GoCollect script, you get the feed from them direct, it doesn't go through Cusimano. So you could sign up and get the feed without the Cusimano script.

Just noticed - we have some eerily similar URLs, as you'd perhaps expect from my nick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS - your seek360 popunders were popping-over when I looked.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Sorry - for some reason I thought you were a GoCollect affiliate - if not, PM me and I'll give you my recruiting URL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry...I already signed up under David to get the gocollect.pl script at the discount price before I saw your post [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

PS - your seek360 popunders were popping-over when I looked.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what browser/version are you running?

ABW Ambassador
    Just noticed - we have some eerily similar URLs, as you'd perhaps expect from my nick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW - CrazyGuy...PM me some of your URLs...now you've got me curious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    sorry...I already signed up under David to get the gocollect.pl script at the discount price before I saw your post [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

No probs - I did the same [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>what browser/version are you running?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IE6 - but they seem to be popping under today. Go figure huh?

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>IE6 - but they seem to be popping under today. Go figure huh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's...(are you ready?)...CRAZY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    OK...this is just my opinion.

After several weeks with dealing with various merchants and affiliate networks I have come to the following conclusions...

MOST merchants have no idea of the current demand for datafeeds nor any conception of just how much demand will grow in the very near future as tools to manipulate the data contained in datafeeds becomes more readily available and easier to use.

FEW network apparently have the facility to supply publishers with datafeeds and those that do have the capability seem to have NO CLUE to the extent of the demand NOR are they prepared to meet it. CJ for example has the technology to supply datafeeds to savvy affiliates but does a HORRIBLE job of fulfilling that need, beFREE too has the ability but same issue applies. Affiliates that desire these tools need to know WHICH merchants can supply them...just like any other creative.

IMHO the merchants and networks that step up to the plate and provides publishers with ready access (which to me includes FREE access...just like any other creative) to datafeeds will shortly be in a position to benefit from the surge in demand that is likely to occur.

...are you listening AffiliateBot, AffiliateFuel, beFree, CJ, LinkShare, Shareasale, et al?

Can anyone tell me where I can find some information about Ebay XML feed?

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dealslist:
    Can anyone tell me where I can find some information about Ebay XML feed?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know there was one - let us know if/when you find it. The Ebay editor kit is great but I prefer "real" content to javascript if I can get it.

Are you Crazy?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread