... yes, the tracking pixel of course.

In principle, I'd like to include these selectively for reporting purposes, but I have some data feeds with them included, others not (ok - one of each [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

It would be useful to know if there is a "recipe" for the tracking pixels if we were to construct our own. Some forms track products, others appear to track pages, some product types.

... and if there is any flexibility.

Scott?

Are you Crazy?

>>In principle, I'd like to include these selectively for reporting purposes, but I have some data feeds with them included, others not (ok - one of each )

It would be useful to know if there is a "recipe" for the tracking pixels if we were to construct our own. Some forms track products, others appear to track pages, some product types.

... and if there is any flexibility.
    <<

A product tracking tag looks like this:

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve?bfmid=[merchant_id]&siteid=[your_site_id]&bfpid=[product_id]&bfmtype=[merchandise_type]

The bfmtype is not required, but the rest of the parameters are. The only variable parm for you would be the product ID, just like hand-crafting product links.

A section link tracking tag looks like this:

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve?bfmid=[merchant_id]&siteid=[your_site_id]&bfpage=[page_id]

Again, the only varilable is the page_id.

The best thing is to grab one of each from the merchant and use that as a base.

There are other link types like dynamic links, and auto-merchandiser links that not all merchants offer. They track differently. But it doesn't sound like you're concerned about those.

>>Scott?

Are you Crazy? <<

Maybe a little.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Thanks Scott

It was the section tracking versions that were making me question how standard the format was - if there are only two types, then it's clearer.

You're right - it's almost exclusively product impressions I'm concerned about, but for the record ...

... could &bfpage= anything? The code I've seen generated by the tag generator for these uses meaningful but not necessarily "formal" values. Do they have to tie into anything anywhere to be recorded/reported?

Are you Crazy?

bfpage is arbitrarily set by the merchant when they create a link.

If you break it and put in an invalid bfpage or bfpid value, your click will go to a default page.

Speaking of breaking things, be careful and test. Even though we're ok with this sort of thing, we're not going to be able to clean up if you, say, put in the wrong siteID and make some sales.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread