Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Ok this ABW email has been on my to-do list for 5 weeks now and I HAVE to get it done. I have been sick as a dog and can’t even think straight and I'm so tired I can't even see straight. Could you all help me with some feedback?

I decided to make this more personal, like a letter. I also decided instead of doing a promo about each company (which they can read on my site) I would do more of the collective features and benefits of my programs in general. Then once people click through they can decide which programs are a good match for them.

Could you please read this AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR ANYTHING ABOUT MY PROGRAMS, in fact read as if you were a newbie and knew nothing about affiliate marketing.

1) Does it make sense?
    2) Would you click through to my site?
    3) Did I miss any important points?
    4) What would you change or do differently?

http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/ABWemail.html

TIA for any feedback or advice! Man I have a bad case of the flu, but I appreciate you!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

Linda,

I'm not sure how on target you are. Who is your target audience?

1. A new ABW member with no experience
    2. A new ABW member with some experience
    3. A new ABW member with lots of experience
    4. An existing ABW member with experience

If it's #1 or #2, I'd say you're way off target. All these two groups know at this point is that affiliate marketing will MAKE THEM MONEY! If this is who you want to target, you need more of that language up front.

If it's #3 or #4, I'd say you're on target. I'm just not entirely sure what you want people to do. Do you want your visitors to visit the site to join these programs you represent? If so, then tell them that.

I would include a testimonial or two from some successful affiliates in some of the programs. Testimonials are very good for influencing people.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

I hope you feel better, too!

I've only been posting and trying this affiliate thingy for a couple of weeks now, maybe going on two months???

It took me a good bit of reading to figure out what parasites are and all the other lingo here.

Your bulleted list is full of lingo, which I understand now but not when I first came here. Most of the posts I had a hard time understanding. I don't know if you want to go this far, but I would have found a FAQ on Affiliate Sales REALLY useful!

"Could you please read this AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR ANYTHING ABOUT MY PROGRAMS, in fact read as if you were a newbie and knew nothing about affiliate marketing."
    If we don't know you, then your opening paragraph doesn't apply. :-)

I read on this message board looking for information and to learn from the other posters. Having people like you and the other AM makes me wonder what it is exactly that you can do for me? Would you critique my site if I asked, is this a normal part of what you do? These are questions I'm sure if I should ask because I don't want to impose on you. That's the kind of information that would catch my attention.

Sell yourself as an advisor to us and your new affiliates will sign up with your merchants.

Hope you feel better,
    Sarah

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    This might be a little bit "touchy",but, seriously....

Have you ever considered focusing on the recipient instead of yourself. They want to promote themselves, not you.

Ditch the "bio" and "history" stuff; Focus on the programs themselves, and how the recipient of this promo can benefit by joing/using them.

Sell the program.

Just Lurking
    Well I qualify as a Newbie, been here less than a month. Still working on putting together my sites. Haven't made a dime at this yet.

Well to add to what the other have said...

I wondered around the AffiliateGoddess website and a couple of weeks ago I would of read every article there. That's not exactly getting me to go where you want me to is it? I'ld move that link down it was above the fold on my browser. Maybe lose it entirely it does seem to lead to 5StarAffiliatePrograms.com.

As a newb, phrases like "strategic partner relationships" and "vertical market" make me scratch my head. What is the verticle market any way? Partner-centric? Which partner? I'm I a partner, thought I was an Affiliate? I'm a newb and very easily confused.

Are you sending this out as email?

http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/ABWemail.html

If so I won't see it as HTML. Haven't seen email as HTML in years.

Please give these thoughts as much weight as the ramblings of any newb. Hope they help though.

I delete most e-mail forthwith. If it is HTML instead of text, I never open it regardless of who it purports to be from. I don't want any stupid cooties incorporated in e-mail.

If you have a communication for me KISS. (No offense intended)

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> KISS <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

Just get right to the point, and right down to business.

And, leave all the hype verbage. We all know how to write it and it does not sway us a bit.
    Just tell us what we need to know.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

Thank you all for your feedback. I was so sick, I don't think I even communicated what I was trying to accomplish right. I shouldn't even have forved myself to work on that email yesterday, should have just stayed in bed. FYI, I use "partner" in emails instead of affiliates because the word affiliate kicks off alot of SPAM filters. Sorry the word partner confused some people.

All the other program announcements Haiko sends out are always HTML. They usually focus on make money and here are the commission details. i was trying to be different and stress what I think sets me and my programs apart. I thought relationships, integrity and empowerment matter to some people. It does to the affiliates I work closely with. Guess I didn't do a very good job. I'm still very sick. May take your advice and scrap the whole thing. Maybe I'll be VERY different and have Haiko just send a short, to the point text email instead. I'm afraid it wouldn't look as professional as the ones he typically sends but may have better open rates. Have to think about it more when i feel better.

Thanks

5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

Well I think it's a good mail!

And I think you should include your credentials in communications - after all, many people make decisions based on whether they feel the person selling the program is bona fide, not just the program itself.

As for not opening emails with HTML

Surely people open emails depending on whether the sender or the subject line is known to them or appears genuine...

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

I agree with points made and also recommend you to insert your service credentials in signature footer. In our mailing list we allow the receiver to pick their choice of text or HTML mailings they are to receive and also offer opt in/out, forward to friend, and/or make adjustments to mail preferences.

Once we moved to a professional email program with these abilities our lists members have stayed "active" readers with an overall average of 64.3% of mailings sent & received actually being opened. (looking right at our stats)

As for the overall layout .. looks fine with a few alterations.

Hope that helps.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usefulwebs:
    And I think you should include your credentials in communications<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they should be included them too. But, the programs should be the focus of the email that's what your trying to sell right?

About a week or so ago I checked out 5StarAffiliatePrograms because of Linda's credentials here at ABW. Just didn't find the kind of merchant I was looking for, computer hardware. But, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to eventually try her Programs. I just want to stick with what I know for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usefulwebs:
    As for not opening emails with HTML

Surely people open emails depending on whether the sender or the subject line is known to them or appears genuine...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually my mail program doesn't display HTML, and I choose it for that feature. So unless there's a plain text attachment I'll see a blank email.

I have thirteen emails in my virus folder (this year) from people I know with genuine looking subjects. If I had open any of them as HTML I would have been infected. Most of those virus couldn't be ID'ed by a scan because the virus definition were not available yet.

I'ld be interest in the results if you try plain text.

You might want to check this out, a list of test SpamAssassin proforms: Tests

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Haiko sends these emails using Vertical Response which has an HTML sniffer built in, which delivers plain text automatically if the viewer can't receive HTML. His service also will add the opt/out verbiage and I think also includes forward to a friend. So that's why none of that is in my email.

Buddha, didn't realize the HTML email virus issue was so bad. I am so lucky, I get very little Spam and seldom get sent a virus. (Except for the flu.)

</font>

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread