Okay Are your links showing for google adsense? There gone!

Come on where are my google links... oh google... where's my google adsense links?

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can somehow become great-Mark Twain"

Mine are ok!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I see some, but on the page [on my site] I checked there's only 3 instead of 4. (That page has the skyscraper.)

Other pages are showing the 4 as normal.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

hmm this is wierd... it shows then doesn't... Really wierd

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can somehow become great-Mark Twain"

I guess it largely depends on how you optimize your site/page, and how much competition for the related topic(s). In one particular case, I see only one ad for the page, and that’s something hardly anybody promotes.

Jason, try optimizing your pages. This should help.

AT:

No, I'm seeing the same thing today. The main pages of both of my sites will sometimes show the advertisements but most of the time not show.

I'm guessing this is a problem with Google's servers or something. Very strange that if I hit refresh 4 times maybe one of those times the advertisements comes up.

Frusterating - but glad to see others having the same problems. Hope they fix this soon.

Andrew

Rebies,

Ummm... this is interesting. My number of impression is pretty consistent everyday. And when I compared that to my traffic log, it seemed reasonable.

I also did a test the other day. Put ads on a few newly created pages, uploaded them to the server and checked right away, I mean right away. And yes, related ads showed up on all these pages. 4 ads per page.

Admittedly, I seldom look at my pages again online once they are uploaded, unless something unusual happens.

The ads are opening for most of the time. But at times they do are not appearing - probably they are updating the program or doing some modifications on the servers.

I have been noticing this for quiet some time now. I checked my logs and they seems to be fluctualting drastically in terms of ads shown. The difference is in 2000 impressions or so...

Something definately isn't right. Hasn't been for several days now. My earnings for the last 5 dyas have been between 20 - 30% off. Today my earnings are about 60% off. Impressions though, seem to be pretty close to what they normally are. I'm starting to wonder if they didn't drop our cut of commission on the clicks.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Hmm, I do have to admit that once the ads are up on the page I rarely go back and check them.
    I have noticed though that the impressions are way down but the clicks are worth more the last few days..

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

ABW Ambassador
    Most of the time the links are on, but a few times they are off.
    More exactly, I have two ISPs and those times that they were not showing with one ISP, they were showing on the same page with the other ISP.
    I never yet noticed a time where they were not showing on both at the same time. But I do not keep watching this 24 hours a day....

Well I just checked again from a different computer. The links are showing up just fine. I also looked at pageviews and they seemed just about the same. So must be something on my computer that is not displaying them. Strange. It was working just fine last week. It now only works about 15% of the time.

Andrew

ABW Ambassador
    This is apparently an issue with IE6, not the ads themselves. It has happened to me as well.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/776.htm

The problem i believe is not with ISP's nor with IE 6.

I have tested with many ISP's and with many browsers. I suppose the problem is with google server - probably because google adds fresh urls every day and so takes some time in refreshing ads..

I noticed something weird about six weeks ago. I was at a friend's house. We fired up one of my sites, and the Google ads weren't displaying.
    On another computer in the same house, sharing the same internet connection, they were displaying fine. The problem machine was Windows XP. Never got to the bottom of it.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I have NO idea if this is true or playing a factor in anything, but I read over at SitePoint that some Norton program is messing with Adsense ads too.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

It might have something to do with the IFRAME tag that adsense uses to push ads through their network. I am not positive but I believe it is possible to launch malicious programs on someones pc through an &lt;iframe> tag, this could explain why some machines with versions of norton or whatever may not see adsense ads. just my 2c.

Hmmmm ... we just applied last night for AdSense to insert in our code archive pages. Now, I'm not so sure we should do this.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    I noticed something weird about six weeks ago. I was at a friend's house. We fired up one of my sites, and the Google ads weren't displaying.
    On another computer in the same house, sharing the same internet connection, they were displaying fine. The problem machine was Windows XP. Never got to the bottom of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that is my problem here. Very interesting that this got me to tinkering with the toolbars that are installed in my browser...

The Problem Is The Alexa Toolbar! After playing around with the Google Toolbar, Alexa Toolbar, having both installed, having neither installed I've concluded that having the Alexa Toolbar is causing this problem 90% of the time for me. Even without the toolbar installed the ads don't show up 10% of the time, but that is a huge improvement.

Any others care to test this and see if they notice the same thing? I'm running Version 7.0.0.20.1052 which was released 2003-Apr-09. OS is Windows XP, Browser is IE 6.0.2600.

Well .. we been running Google Adsense on approximately 500 pages and so far .. so good with click thru ratio. Our team has not seen an issue with no ad showings with IE (none of us use XP because of issues with it) ... but, then again ... we are not running Norton, or Alexa Toolbar either. I'll find someone tonight to go through the pages with both and also try the variables Rebies noted.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread