On Sept 19, I asked for some help with a site review (Woodworkerdepartment.com) and other suggestions with next steps. Got zero response. I'm reading emails about hangin' in there and all the help from the 'family' and I guess I was hoping to get some help too.
    Woodworker is my first attempt at the affiliate marketing, and currently being unemployed, I thought maybe I could make something of this..My latest is that I've submitted to Google about 10 days ago. I've emailed 10 woodworking type sites to trade links but got nowhere. So far I don't think Woodworker has even received any views, other than my own, much less generate sales and commissions-since I can't find it on a search, I'm sure no one else can. I keep reading ABW and find it very useful but still would like some individual help.

Did I offend someone or is there something that I need to know? Can anyone give me a hand?

Toolman

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Toolman,

If you ever want to take a drive to Miami, (Kendall) i will be more than happy to meet you for lunch and give you a free 60 minute education on affiliate marketing.

Most of what you need is here at ABW, it sometimes hard to find, however it's all here.

Let me know if you are ever in the area.

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

Hi Toolman!

Does the term SEO mean anything to you? If not, you need to start reading about optimizing your pages for certain keywords. If yes, then welcome to ABW. Most ABWers will not tell you how to do things since in some respect you are competing with them (there is only one #1 position for each keyword set). What you will find is that if you ask about ideas or general topics you will get some good answers.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    Toolman
    You do need to get links. Can I suggest two things?

1. Make a links page yourself and link to it from your homepage. I cannot find one on your site, and others will not either. People are more reluctant to trade links if the links page is absent or not easy to find (or buried several levels deep so the search engines take ages to find it).

2. To find your links, go to Google and type in :
    YOURKEYWORD link exchange

Find sites that have links pages, and only approach those that do. Never approach sites that do not have a links page.

Download Site Map Creator Today

Posted in the site review thread.

Although you need to get rid of that eBates link!

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Hi Woody - sent you a PM

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I ate lunch and watched the CA recall stuff, returned and had a lot of responses -thanks.
    Perfect G-I almost put a Links Page together today but thought I should wait until I had some to put on it but I get your point-thanks
    Andy-I accept how about next week-tell me where, I'm familiar with Miami-thanks for the offer
    Akiva-I thought I did know a little about key words and tried to pay attention to using them-thanks for the advice and welcome
    Dynamoo-I thought I saw something about eBates on ABW
    Ebudae-I did PM you.

Thanks everyone

Toolman

Toolman,

First of all, GET RID OF EBATES!

It might help to put some sort of image at the top of your page, I didn't see any images above the fold. Add a logo up there or something. If you aren't good at this type of creative, there's a really good graphics designer here at ABW. Goes by AlexBet.

Get rid of Ebates.

You might try changing the font on your links. The Times New Roman font family doesn't seem to get as much response as other fonts, IMO. Have all the fonts on the page match, unless it's a different size or bolded for emphasis. This look of consistency makes the site look more professional.

Did I mention that you need to get rid of Ebates? Promoting them is a sure fire way to NOT make any money in the future!

Best of luck on your site, hope it makes lots of money for you (after you get rid of Ebates.)

Andy

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yep. Lose the eBates link, You're not doing yourself or any other affiliate marketers a favour by advertising those pricks.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

ABW Ambassador
    Remove Ebates from your site. Search ABW for Ebates and you will know why you have to remove them

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Thanks Andy
    The logo been in the works just haven't quite got there yet. I guess eBates is on the outs-I'll get rid of it. I'll check my fonts, probably make them all verdana.
    Oh,and I guess I need to do something with the eBates.
    Thanks
    Toolman

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Toolman, hiyas, welcome to ABW. One of the first steps I always take after creating a site is, I login to www.ineedhits.com , click on the inktomi link, and pay $25 for every page of my site that I want to have indexed. On niche site, I will index 4 or 5 pages. This gets you into MSN, (for now) and Yahoo will be making use of inktomi as well, along with half a dozen other traffic sources. It's a great return on your investment. Make sure your metas are up to date on each page, along with your H1s and such, before you submit.

I see a bump in traffic within 5-6 days of adding my pages.

Asa for google, there's a hundred other guys here that can tell you better than I about getting good placement.

-Tom Rice

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

Thanks Tom,

Nice footnote-must be working for you.

Toolman

I wish you the very best of luck Toolman, I appear to be in the same boat as you at the moment. Let's hope things start to look up for everyone.

edited for typo

Thanks Diane
    I started this on Labor Day so I'm probably expecting too much too quick. Still looking for work but the thought of affiliate marketing and working from home are very enticing. I get real interested when some of the ABW'ers talk about meeting their agressive goals. I'm hoping to see more $ in then out someday.

Toolman

BTW What do you think about Arnold?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I almost put a Links Page together today but thought I should wait until I had some to put on it but I get your point-thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are afraid of having an "empty" page, you can just populate it affiliate links to places that sell supplies for whatever the subject of your site is. You can also put up links to other sites that deal with the same or similar subject.

Keep in mind; most people you approach for a link trade would rather deal with somebody who is selective (only has a few, but very relevant, outbound links) than somebody who crowds their links page with hundreds of links to anything and everything they can come up with.

After you get things set up, don't be afraid to approach the same folks you already proposed link trades with. Explain to them that you are "new in town" and that you now understand that they may have initially been reluctant to trade with you because of the lack of a proper link partner page, and that the situation has been remedied. Chances are a few of them will change their mind.

------------------------------

All your SERP's are now belong to us. Shall we sell for you? Or shall we sell for your competitor?

Tolman,
    Welcome to ABW. I have couple of sites to recommend you that will teach you about SEO:
    www.spider-food.net and
    www.bruceclay.com

Try those and enjoy!!

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

Ummm, Toolman, I know you didn't know, but your nick might have put off some members from replying to you. I gather it's just a coincidence, but there is another Toolman from Florida, and I really don't think it's the sort of association you were intending.

Sticky me if you want more info

Chief Beef/ Marifer
    Thanks for the info on the links page and the SEO.
    Tall Troll-not sure what you mean by 'sticky me'. If the other FL Toolman has turned people off, should I change my name...any suggestions?

BTW. I really appreciate all the replies to my email. I've redone fonts, added the Links Page (and a link) and am still working on a logo. Will update in the site in the next day or two.

Thanks everyone

The 'other' toolman

I forgot one other thing. Also dropped -Bates from the site.

The 'other' toolman

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread