Back from Florida and glad to say we're rolling along here. One of the many internal e-mails I received was our cumulative page view report for September which showed record highs in unique visitors and page views. Even better is that October is traditionally our best month, so we're obviously expecting big things in the next few months.

But I'm even more excited that we've soft launched our new mall. I know it pales in comparison to what the true experts here at ABW have created, but we're pretty excited about it and initial feedback has been strong. As always, I welcome feedback (publicly or via PM or e-mail), so check out our mall.

The cherry on the phillyBurbs sundae is that we absolutely crushed our budget numbers for the fiscal year, which ended September 30.

Maybe it's just the post-vacation glow, but I'm looking forward to an awesome FY04! As Homer Simpson would say, Woo hoo!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Welcome back Karl, I missed you!

Congrats on launching the mall Karl - it looks awesome and I wish you much success!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

Hey Karl,

Wow ;-) It is so great to hear of others doing well online. It takes lots of work but the rewards can sure be sweet ;-)

You asked for opions on your webmail, sad to say I waited about 45 seconds and the page would not load. Most visitors will bail out much sooner than 45 seconds. I am on cable, hopefully it will speed up soon.

Good luck with your new mail ;-)

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

Chef Brian:
    Thanks for the input. What browser are you using? The downside to our growing traffic is that we're training our pipeline. We're installing another T1 line to improve performance.

Karl Smith
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Karl, I had the same problem and it was so slow I thought it would time out. I thought maybe it was just me. I am on a cable modem and running latest version of IE.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

nice site Karl but like the others say it is really very slow to load. In fact if I did not know you I would not wait for it. Sorry but true.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Well, just checked our bandwidth report and it appears we're exceeding our limit ... and have been for most of the day. Good for traffic numbers, bad for performance. Thanks to all for the heads up. This will be a frustrating transition time as we wait for the additional T1 to become operable.

Karl Smith
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!

Hey Karl,

Same set up as Linda ...

Cable, ie6 ....

Good luck!

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

Welcome Back, Karl!

I think the site looks really nice, congrats on the success! It is nice to hear that others are doing SO WELL!

Your site didn't seem slow to me, I'm also running a cable modem. Took about 10 seconds tops to load. Maybe your server load isn't as high right now.

Best of luck to you, hope Q4 is better than you anticipate it to be!

Andy

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Welcome Back Karl.
    It was sure quiet around here for a bit..

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Nice site Karl
    about 6 seconds to load here @576Kbps

Thanks again to all.

Went through our logs first thing this morning and, sure enough, we broke a single day traffic record. Seems a very tragic story got caught up in a few popular message boards. Our page views were more than 30% above normal, with a HUGE spike in the middle of the day, which accounts for the glacial speeds. Hopefully, all is as Andy & midnightcoder saw it.

Thanks again, everyone! Away we go!!!

Karl Smith
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Karl,

Checked out the mall and it took about 70 seconds for the first page to fully come up. I'm on DSL - 412kps.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Karl you've got a rell quality site and set a standard that many here can't even stand up to.

Congratulations on all your execellent work!

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

Poon:
    Thanks for the encouraging words! We're watching the reports and waiting for consumers to agree with you!

Karl Smith
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread