Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I am in Orange County, a good hour away from any of the fires. It's been raining ashes here all day, even though I'm far away and the wind has been really mild. Looks like it's snowing.

I pity anyone any closer that can't breathe because of the smoke. Hope all the ABW members are OK and no one had any damage or had to be evacuated.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

[This message was edited by Catalyst on October 26, 2003 at 02:55 PM.]

Fine here. The sky is a bit brown, but I can't smell the smoke. Not much wind right now, but I think it's supposed to get worse overnight.

OMG, I can't imagine what it's like for people that are closer. My smoke alarm went off during the night from the smoke an hour away. Had to close all the windows.

Now it's windy and 85 degrees, but can't open windows because the smell is so bad. Even with windows closed, it still smells smoky.

My cat has asthma and is having a hard time breathing. My nose is burning and my head aches. I just can't even imagine all the people in LA and surrounding areas who are much closer than I am and what they are going through.

Hundreds of homes just wiped out by all the various fires, some of them were caused by a stupid arsonist, who should be publicly hanged.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

How can anyone deliberately do that?

I hope everyone is OK.

We're luckily pretty sheltered from extreme weather conditions and natural disasters this side of the pond.

Linda, I hope the smoke doesn't affect you too badly, and cats are tough critters - I'm sure she'll be fine.

A friend of mine lost his home in one of the California fires back in 1993 or 1994. It was an unbelievable house, full of antiques, classic cars, and in a matter of a few hours it was all gone.

No one was hurt, but it's devastating to try to recover from something like that. Some of his possessions were one of a kind, and can never be replaced.

A agree with Linda, they should publicly hang the perps who did this, only I'll add after setting them on fire so they can see first hand what it feels like!

Andy

It's raining ashes here now, even though I'm many miles from the nearest fire. And the smell of smoke is everywhere.

I got a call from one of the people who keeps her horse in the barn where I rent my pasture, telling me that she has a friend whose house was lost, and needs a place to keep her horses. So I guess my pasture will be full of strange horses for a while.

Same in Kelowna, British Columbia. Lots of forest fires this summer. It is about 4 hrs by car from Vancouver.

The last figures show roughyl 250 homes lost there alone. There has been multiple massive fires all throughout the interior this summer.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Bless you Donna, for taking care of the horses. Breathing all this smoke is unhealthy for everyone, even the animals.

Linda - what is it like in Redlands, do you know? Is it bad there too?

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I'm in Escondido CA, and no more than a mile or two from one of the bigger fires. I can go outside and see huge flames creeping towards me down a mountain to the east, and then then turn my head and see another fire burning several miles to the south. The closest of the fires is just a hundred or so yards away from a large amount of homes. Schools are being closed, and employees are being told not to go work so as to keep the roads uncongested.

As of now the winds have died down, and the temperature is dropping a little, so right now I'm not very concerned with the fire reaching my house. (earlier today I was in the mountains with 30mph winds, and almost couldnt come home due to all the closed roads)

I've had many friends evacuated, but as long as the winds don't pick up again most of us should be safe. Suprisingly enough, although ashes are continuing to fall to the already ash covered ground, the air doesn't really smell that bad. Right now my street is lined with the cars and motorhomes of evacuees, inculding one family that looks like they brought an entire farm of horses with them. One thing that really amazes me is that through all this fire and smoke, people really seem to be coming together. Today I've met people that I didn't even know lived on the same street as me, and I've seem incredible hospitality from many. Obviously these fires are far from being contained, so there's little we can do but pray for safety, and hope for the best.

I hope all is well and send my thoughts to all in danger.

On the lighter side; is this the reaason no one in CA likes smoking?

Ebudae sorry don't know about Redlands.

Joey, thanks. I didn't even know one of the fires was near Escondido. Have not watched the news. That's where my daughter lives and she has asthma really bad. Need to go call her right now.

She's OK - bad migranes cuz of the smoke. She's right in the middle of 3 of the fires.
    They are in the process of evacuating her husband-to-be's grand parents.

Wow, just watching the news, there are fires everywhere!

Hey Linda,

I can relate! There were so many in British Columbia the past few months. It actually made me sick to my stomach a few times.

I also hope all is well.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread