On friday my hard drive in my dell inspiron started clicking. I turned it off and I couldnt go to windows. I have a dual boot of 98 and winxp pro. I was able to get to win98 and i have an external cd writer but I works better when i connect to the usb after restarting so I did that and I couldnt go to any part of windows.

So.. I ran scandisk and bc i have 3 partitions i did on c,e and d. I have so many bad sectors. But I remember many dos commands and was able to see that in fact my files are still there. but i have no way of backing up fast. Is the only way on the a drive? Im in spain and i have a second hard drive at home so it will arrive soon but is there an easier way of backing up the files like direct laptop laplink or something??

Everything hasnt failed yet because I still see that windows 98 and xp are still on the hard drive but I just can access it. Anyone with some answers im very happy.

Does anyone know the path to outlook express email??? I need to backup that up if possible and fast. I went to documents and settings but I couldnt find anything. The cybercafe has denied permissions to view anything. Thanks

[This message was edited by sil on October 27, 2003 at 07:03 AM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.c...fm?productID=3

Symantec Ghost™ is a comprehensive enterprise tool for OS deployment, software distribution, back-up, and disaster recovery. The solution helps to reduce IT costs by streamlining networked server, desktop, and notebook management. Now administrators can deploy or restore an OS image or application onto a PC in minutes, and easily migrate user settings and profiles to customize PCs.

Symantec Ghost™ enables reliable backups of PC drives, including applications and critical data. Administrators can choose to deploy entire operating systems, application packages, user "personalities," security "hot fixes", or incremental backups. A unique file preservation capability preserves the Client Staging Area's contents during a restore, thereby maintaining a local backup and recovery image. With the Ghost Client installed, there's no need to visit the target PC in order to conduct routine deployment or maintenance.

Improved centralized and remote management, a Client Staging Area, local cloning support, and multicast file transfer enable fast and easy PC management. From the Symantec Ghost™ central management console, IT managers can quickly deploy whole application packages or specific PC changes such as registry changes or desktop settings. The console also enables administrators to easily migrate user "personalities", including PC settings and data. Additionally, IT managers can remotely clone multiple workstations and then quickly configure critical workstation data such as TCP/IP settings and machine, workgroup, and domain names.

A 32-bit version of Ghost for Microsoft® Windows® Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) allows administrators to create image files on hard drives that are accessible via WinPE through a variety of methods, including the GhostCast Server. And, full NTFS read and write functionality, expanded Linux support, and external media support enable migration via the latest technologies.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I just hate it when things like this happen. Best of luck restoring your computer.

Andy

can someone please give me the path to outlook express folders or files?????????????????

This may sound crazy but would it be possible to FTP some files to some space you have on the web and then re FTP them to the computer you want to have them?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

no it doesnt sound crazy i was wondering if i could do that through dos commands. do you know?

Outlook folders (at least under Win2K or XP) SHOULD be in c:\Documents and Settings\{your user/login name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

Windows comes with a command-line FTP client. From the command prompt (c:\>) type: ftp yourwebsite.com

It should prompt you for your user name and password, then you can use normal ftp commands like 'put' to move files up to your website.

Type HELP at the ftp> prompt to see a full list of ftp commands.

Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com

"Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com"

I'm sorry, call me a two year old. But I got the giggles...

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJohnson:
    I'm sorry, call me a two year old. But I got the giggles...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and Perry are not nice.

If I didn't have the possibility of being banned from ABW I would really tell you what I think of you. Laughing at someone’s misery is not nice, your a major Sh*t and that is not meant to be a nice term.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    She's laughing at Dainties.com's name. "Hiscock." His, cock...

Not that laughing at that is nice either! I'm sure he heard enough comments about it while in school.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

[This message was edited by Leader on October 28, 2003 at 04:53 AM.]

"You and Perry are not nice."

Look, sweetie, you don't know me and I don't know you.

But you have my email...

Where am I laughing at anyone's misery??? You need to calm yourself down.

www.ClickMagazine.Net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJohnson:

"Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com"

I'm sorry, call me a two year old. But I got the giggles...

http://www.ClickMagazine.Net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok ... you're a two year old

Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh, and Mr. Hiscock, get a sense of humor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I chuckled ...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ok ... you're a two year old <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perry Said
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Moving on.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Could you?

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

ABW Ambassador
    I would be moody too if i had a failed dating/relationship online magazine site. Being an a$$hole is the only thing he's good at. Just read the copy and paste you did of this thread on your message board. Don't think Haiko would like that. Haiko you've given them enough ban warnings, they're just here to stir it up, then talk about it on their board.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on November 04, 2003 at 01:38 AM.]

Ummm, you must have your head up your butt, as usual, because we don't do that, and I wouldn't do that to Mr. Haiko.

Nice try, though, Barbara.

Glad you like our site. It's doing quite well. Thanks for asking.

Hugs and kisses

Oh, by the way, dickle*s wonder (Sorry Haiko, he has it coming), before I sign off, I have to add that Sarah has contributed to Haiko's site a lot more than you have. And she has helped members who don't know about datafeeds, and who have had computer problems. If anything, she is TOO nice.

Now, if you are smart, which you probably aren't, since we tracked down your site and seen the mess, you would have copied and pasted this thread and incorporated it into our board and sent it to Haiko.

Are you that smart, boy? Naaaaaah.

My apologies, sil for hyjacking your thread.
    Good luck in finding a solution to your problem.

ABW Ambassador
    "Glad you like our site. It's doing quite well."

No it's not, i've seen it, you don't update it, Click Magazine Goes To The Moves, movie reviews 2 months old, keep up the good work.

"since we tracked down your site and seen the mess"

Not my site, my site is nice looking, take notes or copy it, then you can make some money.

"you would have copied and pasted this thread and incorporated it into our board and sent it to Haiko."

No i didn't, you did, how could i sign in under your name? It seems you like copying and pasting others content into your site. I'm sure you get permission from Playboy to use their jokes on your site? Don't know, i doubt it, but i could be wrong.

"Are you that smart, boy? Naaaaaah."

I'm smart enough to get a screen shot before you deleted it. Does this sound familiar in your JUST SHOOTIN' THE SHIT, thread titled Sarah and I Are Loved At abestweb.com's Message Board.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Still seeing things, huh, boy? Well, as usual, you have your head up your butt.

Remove it gently, so you won't have that popping sound.

Thanks for coming to our site, and especially visiting our board. We've noticed that you have been coming to us every day for the past couple of weeks now. Thanks again for the compliments. ... It's doing well. You really need to do something wth your site, though. Hopefully you will be able to smooth all that crap out. Let us know if we can help.

Hugs and kisses

ABW Ambassador

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread