I got into The Guardian (link to article here) which is one of our bigger serious papers about the Topsites scam. Wheeee

Or just for the heck of it I scanned it in..

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats, it's fun getting press, knowing someone likes or finds your site valuable enough for some press coverage.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Congrats, Dynamoo! That's great!

I also visited your site, because I get E-mails from these scumbuckets regularly. What a scam! I hope they run out of suckers soon, and have to find something else to do.

I hear there's a lot of openings working in the sewage treatment facilities...sounds right up their alley.

Andy

Moo: Awesome!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    Moo,

I read all your articles just a few days ago. Man, you should be an investigative journalist, not an affiliate marketers!

Two thumbs up.

Keep up the good work.

KC

moo... Congrats!

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/parasiteware.html"target="_blank">Fight parasiteware!<a>

"Do what you love and make money in the process. Turn your knowledge into income."

'Moo

Contgrats!

(The "Graniad"?... )

I got my parasiteware sweatshirt!!!
    (Gordon, eat your heart out :-) )

Yes, I get John Kennedy e-mails as well,

Usually alongside mails advising me I need to flush my colon...

I got my parasiteware sweatshirt!!!
    (Gordon, eat your heart out :-) )

ABW Ambassador
    WTG moo

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

great stuff moo

BTW I thought it was the gruniard?

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Way to go Moo! Tar and feathering the scumbag Ad Whores and traffic scammers will drive many curious enraged consumers to a ABWer web site. Getting some free URL press sure helps.

Anything that runs the gorrilla marketers, scumbag affiliates and spammers off of the web is good for ABW members and the affiliate industry. Imagine the impact drying up some DUPERs pocketbooks when the Telemarketers can't afford paying for freshly perloined privacy info. Add in the Do-not-eMail initiative and the "Go to jail broke" spam legislations and some affiliate players are getting whacked bigtime. Let's hope Microsoft un-plugs the plug-ns and all those huge FLASH Ads and the BHO's all disappear.

All these years of the network boardrooms devising ways to automate the Dupers and DMA members is going to give the some more .com bomb headaches. Sure will be nice when the networks actually have to come here carrying pro-affiliate initiatives like published merchant conversion ratios as they finally admit I was right all along. They need to distance themselves from the Ad Industry ...not get closer. Tough luck for BeFree and CJ if the ValueClick advertising mindset takes over as they will then rush right into the teeth of the anti-advertising mindset of consumers. I'm betting the consumers will kick their collective butts.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    WooHoo!

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

ABW Ambassador
    Good job!!

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Oh their come uppance days are coming...

U.S. regulators said on Thursday that Microsoft Corp.(MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) Windows users should turn off a little-used feature that allows unscrupulous marketers to bombard them with unwanted "pop-up" ads.

Windows users should disable a back-door communications channel called Windows Messenger Service to prevent unscrupulous marketers from filling their screens with unwanted ads, the Federal Trade Commission said.

The FTC said it had temporarily shut down one marketer, San Diego-based D Squared Solutions, which had, ironically, sold pop-up blocking software through pop-up ads that could appear even when the user was online but not browsing the Web.

"'I'll beat you, and I'll stop beating you if you pay.' We call that extortion, and it's no different in the high-tech world," said Howard Beales, the head of the FTC's consumer-protection division.

Beales added that the agency would seek to force D Squared to return the money it had collected from consumers.

D Squared could not be immediately reached for comment.

Beales said consumers should install firewall software or disable Windows Messenger, which allows computer network administrators to communicate with others on their networks but is unnecessary for home users. It is unrelated to popular instant-messaging software such as AOL Instant Messenger.

The FTC advice was another black eye for the world's largest software maker, which has struggled to improve software security as a wave of computer viruses have spread through holes in Windows and other Microsoft products.

Microsoft advised consumers to disable Messenger last month because it could potentially serve as a conduit for Internet worms. Separately, consumer complaints prompted Time Warner Inc.'s (TWX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) America Online to disable the feature on customer computers.

A Microsoft spokesman said future versions of Windows would ship with Messenger turned off but said the company should not be faulted for enabling Windows Messenger. "At the time we released Windows XP, it wasn't an issue that was being abused," Microsoft spokesman Sean Sundwall said..... Beales said D Squared, not Microsoft, should be blamed for the ads.

Another company called Scintillant Inc. is sending similar pop-up ads, the FTC said in court documents seeking an injunction against D Squared. Beales declined to say whether the consumer-protection agency was planning to sue Scintillant.
    Beales said D Squared, not Microsoft, should be blamed for the ads......

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread