Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Could anyone help me out with a referral?

I need a FrontPage designer but want someone reliable that comes recommended by the family.

I want a pro designer not a hobbyist. Someone who is fast, reasonable and good. It's a very small and easy project, no graphic design, more just layout and navigation re-design for an existing site, but there could be more work down the line. Need someone in US so I can talk to them to explain what I need.

Mainly just need someone good and reliable that somes highly recommended and can work in a small project quickly.

TIA for any suggestions. You can PM me if you prefer.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

Linda,

May I ask why you are requesting a FrontPage Designer, html is all the same no matter which program you utilize.

Just curious.

SandraR,

Web design is my weakest link and is the most time consuming thing I do. I used to use Netobjects Fusion until I had a crash and could not import the old sites. I designed the 5 Star site in FP and need some changes. I don't do HTML and need to make quick, easy WYSIWYG updates to pages. So essentially I want a FP template that will be quick and easy for me to change as I add new pages.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give me a buz Linda as I've done over 100 MS Frontpage sites for clients. mike@ecomcity.com

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Surprised no one has recommended Alex Bet yet - www.alexbet.com . He's just done a header for a revision of one of my sites and it's excellent. He'll do ya proud, Linda.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, just re-read your post - he's not in the US. Not sure what difference that should make - I work with companies in the US all the time and they seem to have no trouble making their wishes clear to me !

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

FRONTPAGE!!!!!!!!

Dreamweaver

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
    - Yogi Berra

FRONTPAGE

NAMO

Mark,

I really like Alex's work and will use him when I am ready for a complete re-design soon.

Mike, thanks for the offer, someone PM'd me right away and we already have a deal. I just have not had time to get back here.

Re: FP. When I used to do SEO I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Everyone loves DW and I have it too, but I must be backwards because it's just not user friendly for me.

I'm not like you guys, building pages all the time. I may only add or update maybe 2 pages a month - so I just need something easy, quick and brainless as using Word. That's FP.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    May of my pages were built with FP
    New computer I am now doing without but most of my sites still have the FP pages online
    Is there a specific reasoning behind <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Re: FP. When I used to do SEO I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do the engines not pick them up????

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

FP and many other editors add a lot of garbage code that makes it harder for the spiders to get to your real content. FP especially adds alot of needless code. Do a view source and see how hard it is to find your actual KW content.

The code on my 5 Star site is horrible but he's going to clean it up by using CSS and some other tricks, plus make it alot easier for me to update. This will just be a bandaid until I get time to think about a complete re-design in 04.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Unfortunately, FP seems to be a misunderstood program due to the initial versions.

FP97 & FP98 DID use very sloppy code no matter what you did.

FP2000 onwards produces clean code that validates IF you use it for pure coding.

If however you use the FP BOTS such as timestamps etc, then additional prioprietary code is introduced. Even then though their effect can differ. Borders seem to be a real problem, where as the Include Page bot is quite clean.

Whether or not FP muddies the code thus hampering spidering and ranking depends on whether you view the raw code in FP or the resultant code post server. A server with FP extensions properly installed will strip out much of the additional code in the serving process sending much cleaner code to the browser/spider than one would think.

It is a much misunderstood myth that using FP is the instant kiss of death to rankings. FP it a simply tool which, used in the right hands, can produce high quality results.

Woz

dWoz - serious webmaster resources.

[This message was edited by Woz on November 04, 2003 at 08:13 PM.]

When they designed Front Page the plan was that if you used it, you would not be able to work on the page in any other software afterwards. They made up their own code so it would be difficult for you to switch to a different software later. The whole idea kinda backfired on them as many people wouldn't touch the software. So they finally got smart and cleaned it up. Then just to be mean they created Word HTML.

Linda,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> really like Alex's work and will use him when I am ready for a complete re-design soon.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Whenever you are ready, just send me a PM or an email at my website http://www.alexbet.com/

Alex
    AlexBet Design

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    _NAMO_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi SandraR,

I just ordered Namo
    because I read on of your post mentioning Namo and I just want to say thank you!

And agree with you it rocks!

Edited to add - Alexbet also rocks and you would get a good deal Catalyst.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

That's why they call programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver WYSWYG (wissy-wig)

it's What You See is What You Get..

That's why FP has all that extra crap code, and the defaults on Dreamweaver are a coder's nightmare..

WAY too much extra crap..

Those MicroSoft products.. Office especially, believe it or not, you can actually export a Word document or Excel (an accounting program) to HTML..

Try it some time, and then go in and look at the code... wanna talk about some serious unsuable files!!!!

PS--- you can actually modify Dreamweaver so it strips out a lot of the crap that's not needed. It's a very good program -- probably for a more experienced HTMLer.. FrontPage is an average program for beginners..
    Cheers!

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
    - Yogi Berra

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    _NAMO_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi SandraR,

I just ordered Namo
    because I read on of your post mentioning Namo and I just want to say thank you!

And agree with you it rocks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happymoon,
    You are going to love it more than you know, 6 months from now you will learn that is has this and that and you can not possibly figure out how you could have missed it! Or - wish it had this and read the help and find out that it does!

I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN WIHT IT. If you need help let me know I will try to give you what I know, just uploaded the upgrade last week. They only come out with upgrades about 1 every 2 years. So it’s not an issue, but I hope to see you on the upgrade beta testing when they ask, in this way we can build our own software! Everything we asked for last year is here this year.

@Sandra,

I don't know much of how to use the editor but reading and just playing around on graphics. I am more interested in graphics and right now the editing is complicated.

But like HTML it will take me a while before I get use to it and will be rolling.

Need more input on this part
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hope to see you on the upgrade beta testing when they ask, in this way we can build our own software! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and yes I am having fun and experementing on the graphic side.

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

To play with your graphics try to create a smart button.

Insert > Smart Button.

That is where you will have the most confusion, yet once you master that area you can change your graphics at any given moment.

There are a ton of tricks with that bugger, but its how I created all my buttons, headers, and banners. Since they are a smart button I do not have to start form scratch every single time I change my mind 8 months from now.

There is a new tool to import and save creations as tng files. This is part of the new upgrade and it is simply awesome.

What I do is create a new project for a graphic, create the correct size and name it, and then I import the image I want to play with and start playing with all the toys.

I made all headers for my new sites with that toy (I did basic pictures using PS cause I am still learning the new graphic interfaces).

Then when I am finished with my header I save it. Then call up my smart button, click menu (at the bottom) and import the tng I saved. Walla I have a new smart button to play with!

I hope this makes sense, but as I said I am learning the new interface as you are!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure FP adds in a lot of HTML bloat, especially with older versions. But folks 41 million domain web sites are built and hosted with MS Frontpage. The SEO HTML header info in Frontpage is cleaner and more SEO friendly then any other WYSIWYG editor.

I'd like to try Namo for my own use but will never ever do a client site in anything but Frontpage. If I get hit by a bus any of my 240+ web site clients could log-in and edit pages or hire any HTML wank to update their sites. Just like no webmaster need to look any further then PaintShop Pro for a web friendly graphics program. 28 million registered PSP users can guarantee you no one else can compete on new version R&D money.

Sure Microsoft and Frontpage sucks ...just like Walmart for some folks. Trouble is name one competitor on the horizon who has a chance to unseat the Kings.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike,

I have built my entire clients site using Namo, none of them have had any difficulty making modification utilizing Dreamweaver or FrontPage. When I have to add or make changes for them, I do my best to get rid of the tiresome code FrontPage ads on the sites.

Namo does offer a 30 trial period, you may want to load a FrontPage site in Namo and see if you notice a difference.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread