I really want an Erector Set

I don't know why I feel compelled to write that except that I am putting up some last minute toys right now and thinking of Christmas past.

I never got my Erector Set.

Later testing showed that I am in the 99%tile in mechanical ability, I could have been an engineer if I had a chance. But, I was guided by well meaning adults to take 4 years of home ec in high school while the boys studied trig and physics.

I could have been an engineer.

Well my daughter has a masters in engineering and a professional engineering license. So, I guess things have changed.

Still, I wonder if there is some little girl out there thinking, "Momma don't buy me no stinkin' doll! I really want an Erector Set."

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on November 26, 2003 at 10:20 PM.]

That's tragic Ssanf.

I got one of these and 22 years later I'm still staring at a screen

It was so exciting, with it's 1k ram... happy days.

My daughter won't even look at her toys and dolls, she just wants my keys and mobile phone... and she's only 1. I don't know what it all means.

Here's my 1st computer

Man could I code with that thing lol
    Wrote a game called Lucky Luke based on the comic character.
    There was like NO memory and everything was hooked up to my portable cassette player which was where I stored everything.
    I was king of the world when I moved up to a trs80.
    sigh ... the good old days.

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Well at least I got to play with my brothers erector set. My parents told me I had to be a secretary. Sit at a typewriter all day? NO WAY. I quit school and became a bum. Had to learn to type in a chat room.

popdawg that looks like the exact same computer, rebranded as a timex for the usa

My parents told me I was pretty and some man (a husband) would always take care of me.

HA!!

The only reason I needed to go to college was to meet a boy with prospects, be a better conversationalist as a hostess or have an education (teaching) to fall back on if my husband tragically died. (He did...I am a substitute teachers assistant a couple of times a week.)

Your toys were so cool. I STILL want an erector set and I just may buy one!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I had a commodore and Trash80 system back then too. Had to hide them in the basement as a Wang Labs salesman. Damn I'm getting old. My IBM dealer resale# is 00003-0 and I know Mike Dell had 00006-0 as i sold excess allocated units to him to upgrade.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Ssanf, that's what eBay's for!

I used to dream of an Atari 400, with it's COLOR graphics and cartridge slot and a massive 16K ram, wow, now that was a real computer. Way out of my reach of course. Until last year when I bought one on eBay... it just isn't the same though, I can't sit for a week reading a BASIC manual, and those tape games take forever to load, and the thing crashes.

Maybe you shouldn't get that erector set after all.

I would LOVE an Erector set if only I still had a childs joy of discovery. I guess, I do need bigger toys, now.

I want to add that I know there are little girls (and boys) who LOVE dolls and pretending to be parents, playing dress up and so forth. It is for them the dolls are made. Momma, know your child! Please, know who your child really is, not who you want them to be or who society dictates they should be but who they really are in their inner most selves.

I remember I had to have blue painted bedroom walls and my sister pink. I couldn't use the women's shampoo in the bathroom and mom hid her feminine care products like they were the sin of the world. Some family friends my age played with dolls and my parents were so bothered by it they would talk for hours about those boys are gonna be screwed up in the head.

My sister bedroom came complete with a canopy bead, matching furniture, tons of perfumes and other yick was stuffed full of dolls and she dared not touch the legos, trucks, or lincoln logs.

Strangely enough my sister and I turned out pretty normal but parents sure can be strange and worry about the most ridiculous things. My daughter Megan plays with whatever the h*ll she wants, not that I could ever stop her anyways.

Oh I forgot the best part. Those boys did turn out screwed up in the head.

[This message was edited by Heyder on November 27, 2003 at 01:02 AM.]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread