ABW Ambassador
    I want to buy a game system this Xmas. Haven't played video games in a long time, i think last time was a few years ago, with ex-roomate, 007. Not including the PC, which one would you recommend Playstation 2, Xbox, or Gamecube, i think those are the 3 biggest out now? Thanks

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

PS2 if you love sports action games.

X-box gives you an easy way to hook up online games.

Depends what you like playing. I would choose either one of these if I was buying one today.

Having said that, I still go back to PC "Starcraft". It's old but still a heck of a good game. Wanna rock?

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

PS2

I have it. I love it.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Ok, I am really pathetic...we have all 3. I would say check out the games available for each...my kids especially the 2 youngest prefer the gamecube, and my favorite is the PS2... My teenager - xbox

I Love my Xbox, it is quick, games are awesome and xbox Live is the best. I would look at the games you want to play and go from there, play Halo once and you will be hooked on xBox!

Ian Larsen
    http://www.expisp.net
    ian@expisp.net

I recently got a X-Box and although I haven't had much time to play it, I do love it. Halo is excellent.

ABW Ambassador
    We have gamecube (our son is 6) and he loves it. The only problem with nintendo though is that they continuously come out with new systems and then you can't play the games on them, thus the original system is obsolete.

As for PS2, my son wants that for Hanukkah. After seeing this game called eye (Something) I am tempted to buy it. It looked really cool andit comes with 14 games for $50..you hook it up to your tv..almost like a virtual reality type thing. Also, we've noticed the ps1 (which we have) games can be played on ps2 which is great..or vice versa, i don't remember.

Either way, the money spent is really spent on all the games later..we have noticed (if you can wait) that best buy's prices go down as the games become less popular...for instance, they were selling harry potter chamber os sec for gameboy for 9.99 while at toys r us it was still 29.99.

Also, you can buy new and used games at gamestop same with systems..they have a great warranty and if you don't like the games can return them.

If anyone has that eye game for ps2, let me know if your kids like it..maybe we will buy it anyway!

Robin

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    XBOX is the way to go...though sadly there's no online system over here for me to get full value for money, but there are plenty of multip player games around for the family.

Graphics are cool as long as you go for Xbox games and not some ones cheapo attempt to port something from the PC or other system and keep the same graphics

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Lola, don't feel bad, we have the original nintendo, playstation, psone (with battery pack for travel - can't leave home without it!), playstation 2, game cube and xbox.

Some are hand me downs..I have a 22 year old stepson, a 17 year old daughter and 9 year old son...

But it is the playstation 2 that gets the most play here.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    XBOX.. especially with live enabled (only been available about 6-8 weeks over here). Playing online adds a whole new element.

If anyone's up for a game of Project Gotham Racing 2, my tag is WhackyCactus

Chris, I've heard of a lot of people over here who imported a live kit from the UK in order to play months before it was released over here (I believe you much select the UK in order to play though.. check some of the forums for exact info)
    As long as you've got a broadband connection, you're set.

Yes, definitely Xbox with Xbox Live. The voice over IP is just amazing.

Pete, you're on, though it's unlikely our schedules will overlap. I'm 'Muke'.

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like Xbox or P2, maybe both.

Have you been naughty or nice?

Atari 2600

CDC

cdc Atari 2600! Funny!

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>

Santa needs advice on video games? I am starting to smell somthing about this whole "Santa" thing.

CDC might not have a very cool video game but you should see his karaoke set-up.

Bye the way we have PS2 and bet large somes of cash on "Tiger Woods 2003 and 2004 here at the ranch.

Season Greetings
    Robert

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread