Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just a quik farewell to all of the many ABWers who have helped me out, made things interesting and who have turned into great online friends. I want to wish you the best in your futures and I hope you have a Fantastic Holiday Season with your family and friends

WW, I wish you the very best health wise and I know you will kick ass with your battle My best thoughts are with you.

Haiko, take care. You have a great board and I wouldn't change a thing. Best of luck to you in the future.

It's time for me to move on and explore the world outside ABW. When A Thread is removed about the capture of Suddam, unfortunately I have to have a problem with it . Having a little cousin (who is twice my size ) and is more like a little brother to me than a cousin heading to the worse part of Iraq in a couple of months I'm a little offended for his sake that the post was removed. I suppose the rules are nothing political so that was the reason. No flaming coming from me. I'll accept that choice. To me however this is a great day Hopefully the Mods will at least let this post stand so please all don't make this thread political. Sanf, back off I've always made it a point not to get into a flaming war with anyone, and you will never hear a biggoted remark come out of my mouth. Lets it keep it that way at ABW

To all at ABW, Get Rich, Share and Enjoy. Most important, find the time for family and friends. Good Luck All!

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Please, don't go. At this point, we don't even know who removed the post, Haiko or a moderator over stepping the boundries.

I agree with you. That is a sudden, unannounced and in my opinion bad change in the direction of ABW but only if it is in fact a change which I am not even sure of at this time. I have heard on no such new rule.

I don't get it. That news is certainly of general interest. And, if there were a new rule, you might have tried to change the rule through persuasion but you wouldn't have defied it outright. What rule?

Anyway, please don't go.

The only thing I can think is that they may have had a concern that the subject would have hundreds of simultaneous posts and cause problems keeping the site up. It was down for a while earlier.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 14, 2003 at 12:08 PM.]

How about this:

I don't have a TV, and I couldn't get into ABW all day, and I've only just found out that Saddam has been captured.

DaPackster, what Ssanf said: don't go.

Yes! This is how I found out about it, too!!

That is an important feature of ABW for me.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

A moderator moved it, to protect against possible political horsehockey, I moved it back to the café as I think it's an important day. If the thread gets ugly I'll lock it. Packy, I understand your anger and frustration but would like you to stay.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I still see the thread about the capture at http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=5566031815.

See a posting from Packy in the thread. Which post is missing?

Hey Packy had it not been for your post I would not have known.

Don't go you are needed here.

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

With all the friction caused lately about removed posts, why may I ask do these moderators have this capability? Should not, instead, they be given instead the ability to lock a thread until Haiko can make a final decision.

Just some thoughts. I'm saddened by the recent lost of BLFH and Packy. I'd hate to lose any more of our great folks here.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

I second everything you wrote there Ron.

Too much power is what leads to dictators becoming so powerful.

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

I do realize that this board, as big and popular as it has become, is more that one person, like Hiako, can manage alone. I guess what I was trying to say is that there might be a need to have a little tighter controls over some functions. I'm not in Haiko's shoes so I have no idea how complicated this all can be.

I just want to keep things like this from happening, that's all.

THANK YOU, HAIKO!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey Packster.
    I really hope you change your mind (yes you are allowed at ABW to do that ) and stick around
    People that are willing to help out such as yourself are what made this board what it is.

Thanks for your well wishes. People may not always realize how much they may really mean.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Packster,
    1st I hope your cousin has a safe tour. He is putting his A** on the line so we can debate about it on computers. For that he already has my greatest respect.
    2nd ABW is a better place with you here.
    Robert

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

First to clear my name as I usually get blamed for these things it wasn't me and I know nothing about it at all. Secondly, how do you know something wasn't posted that had to be removed such as a death threat or something like that?

There are too many conspiracy theories around this place and it is rediculous.

Hey Packy, hate to see you go

We'd miss you around here and ABW wouldn't be the same without your knowledge and droll sense of humor and of course our dancing friends...

Please think about it....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    With all the friction caused lately about removed posts, why may I ask do these moderators have this capability? Should not, instead, they be given instead the ability to lock a thread until Haiko can make a final decision.

Just some thoughts. I'm saddened by the recent lost of BLFH and Packy. I'd hate to lose any more of our great folks here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you 100%, the mods should have no powers to remove posts, remember what they jerk from netwank who deleted the post from the cafe. Haiko should be the only person empowered to delete posts.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If you really stay away, I'll miss you!

But I can't help but wonder how long you can *really* stay away from ABW. After all, it's going to get lonely yelling Coincidence Me Baby! at the blank walls...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

I shouldn't tell everyone this but moderators also have the power to reverse affiliate commissions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    So YOU'RE the one who's been abusing that function! You'd better unreverse those reversals I got!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Packster
    Dont deny us your knowledge you selfish B@stard!

Please stay!

Download Site Map Creator Today

From what Haiko said above it appears the post was not deleted, but moved instead. You know, this friction would probably never have happened if the moderator who moved the post had posted something somewhere stating that they had done so and why.

At the very least I would hope that that the moderator who did this would come forward now, appologize for moving the post and maybe give us an explaination as to their reasons for moving it.

ABW Ambassador
    If you don't come back DaPackster, I wish you all the best with your endeavours. I can't think of a single post of yours (present few excluded) that I did not find both upbeat and entertaining.

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

DPG

(((Packy))) please don't go!!
    It just wouldn't be the same without you!!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Packy, hope you stick around, but if you don't I'll keep track of ya anyways.

- - - - - - - - -
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. --Albert Einstein

ABW Ambassador
    yeah, don't go.

-----------------------------
    Let's turn up the heat, put some feet to the fire!
    Affiliate marketing: are you making money, or getting ripped off by snake oil sellers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast