This should explain my absence of late (and I'm deeply sorry) - hope someone can relate

Liz's ode to our season of you-know-what:

PHASE ONE: 11/15 - Black Friday
    Sales, Sales, Sales - you gotta keep up with those sales. Some stuff is marked down 30%, but the stuff everyone really wants isn't. Turkey's burning in the oven. Sleep deprivation sets in. You count your blessings that the kids aren't sick yet. But you're getting pounded with about 10 emails a minute. Phones ringing, doorbells are ringing .... people not in this world do not understand why you're not outside putting your stinkin' Xmas lights up. Snow decides to arrive early - anyone have a blizzard in the NorthEast?

PHASE TWO: 11/29 - 12/12
    o.k. - now EVERYTHING's on Sale - all the stores are deciding to now issue 20% off coupons storewide. And you better get em all up on your site! Emails are now coming in at the rate of 15 a minute. Your lights still aren't up but there's a huge jar of Tylenol by your side. Kids start to sneeze - then throw up. Your lights still aren't up and your site's traffic went down when you had to go put the Xmas tree up to calm the kids down and look like a good parent! The presents aren't wrapped and nothing's assembled. Uh-oh! Stores are now issuing 30% off codes - you're screwed and you know it!

PHASE THREE: 12/12 - 12/23
    You feel like you might be able to get a good night's sleep sometime soon. You've battled at least 2 children's illnesses, the schools are sending you holiday things to do up the wazoo and the neighbors are starting to wonder why you look like PigPen from Charlie Brown's Xmas. They don't understand the stinkier you are the more money you're making. You start wondering which day you're going to get to wrap the presents and make the teacher gifts. Emails are settling down. Then "BAM" (as Emeril would say) the 500+ stores all send emails extending their shipping deadlines or
    handing out free upgrades until 12/22 - 12/23. This is when you start contemplating
    if it's less painful to jump off a bridge or just buy a gun. You've shoveled at least 24"
    of snow - you're resigned to the fact that your Xmas lights aren't going to ever get up outdoors and pray to God you'll be able to wrap your presents by Xmas eve.

Are we having any fun yet? I'm dreaming of a weekend Christmas -- in what year?

Merry Christmas ABW'ers

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I thought you might be peeking in my window here.. sounds like home, right down to the TWO sick kids!!!! ugh! No lights, no tree, and my presents are due in the mail any minute! HA HA~

And come April your tree is still up because merchants kept having those after holiday clearance sales and you are busy getting your tax stuff in order.

2 years ago my tree was still up in May. We had a ground hogs day tree, and easter tree, a mother's day tree...

Don't worry girls, we will get a break in NYC in January! Well, with the exception of going back to the hotel to do updates during the day and staying up all night updating...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, I've downed 5 tylenol and 2 excedrin migraine tablets so far today: It's a race to the finish, baby, the tree is up, lights are on the house, all I need is a $30K diamond sale from a jewelry merchant, and I will be home free!

( eh, thought I'd slip that last one in, JIC )

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

Hey Connie, our christmas tree from three years ago is STILL IN OUR BACK YARD!

LOL! Ken dragged the thing out and never got rid of it. HA HA HA!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We have artificial. I am gonna take a cue from my dad this year. He carries the tree upstairs all put together and puts it in a spare room. Then next year you just carry it down and you are set!

My mother-in-law had an artifical tree that my wife wanted us to use this year. I was told it was a smaller tree than we had used in past years and that they knew I was coming to get (they live close by). So, I took my 14 year old son, got in the car, and drove to their house. Once I got there, my father-in-law had the tree all ready to go in a small room beside their garage. I loaded it in the back of my vehicle and headed home....

Once I got home is when I find out that, un-known to my mother-in-law, (and thanks to my father-in-law) we had taken the wrong tree! That's right, she had purchased a brand new tree and we had managed to sucessfully grab it instead of the one she meant for me to get.

Needless to say, the trees are now back in their correct locations, my father-in-law and I have finally stopped laughing, and that blood curtling glare from my mother-in-law seems to have faded....

Hope she doesn't find out about our evil plans for new years!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread