ABW Ambassador
    What are they doing???? They have product links that say things like White Diamonds (3.4 fl oz) costs over $6,000 (it doesn't... not by a long shot)... same thing for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Liz Claiborne.

They do have the prices right on their web site...

If that's not a big red flag...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Aren't those perfumes?

Anyway, it sounds like whoever did the data entry is used to using a machine that automically inserted the decimal points.

So if they wanted $60.00 they would have typed, 6000 and it would have made it sixty bucks automatically.

They probably worked at the place with that kind of setup for a long time.

Then they got the job at CosmeticsMall...only CosmeticsMall's program DOESN'T add decimals! Presto...inflation just hit!

They will probably change it back after getting hollers from freaked out customers and a .0001% CR. (Some people WILL probably miss it and hit Buy, hence a .0001% CR instead of 0...)

I just checked White Diamonds by going through the search box at CosmeticsMall...it looks like they fixed it already.

Either that or I'm missing the page with the error on it (sometimes site searches pull up different pages than other ways of reaching a product).

UPDATE
    Say, I was checking out their site some more--did you realize that the "free makeover" link near the bottom goes to ePeople.net (looks like some kind of cobranding deal with CosmeticsMall by the URL...), through a CJ affiliate link? Looks like a Merchaffiliate in action!!! And that "free makeover" link will be a magnet for any female that comes within 10,000 pixels of it...

I recall some people saying CosmeticsMall was giving a lousy CR...that's probably why--the women are all zooming over to ePeople for their free makeover!

Check the properties of that link and you'll see it's really one of the old commissionjunction/track/track_dll style links, so I doubt there's any commission in it for CosmeticsMall affiliates...

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Leader, you're probably right about how the amount got entered... it is right on their web site, but do a search in CJ on product #6335654 -- $6,450.00 for White Diamonds (eau de toilette spray) with a $645.00 commission -- not bad for a $60 (max) product.

After seeing that, I didn't spend much time at their web site... not enough sleep and my fuzzy little brain just couldn't wrap around the concept of a site that had such horrible links for affiliates and didn't know it...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just pulled up the link. NOW I see it!

I had read your post to mean, "It says over $6000 right on their web site". Now I see you meant, they have it correct on their site...

I would think that somebody would have clued them in to the fact that the prices on their links are a bit ridiculous! The fact that they haven't corrected it does say something about them (namely, "dud")...and that commission-eating Free Makeover link on their site says the rest ("sneaky!"). Together those two things make an unequivacal statement in my book!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread