SBC is full of shit.. charging us outragious fees and customer service sucks, Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking at speakeasy does anyone have any good experiences with speakeasy?

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>

Hey Jason, We sell SpeakEasy thru our owned and operated ISP company "BBUSA.Net" and so far knock on wood all is fine... The team over there are friendly and supportive to.. honestly speaking off the record tho, OK a little more money outlay monthly then some offers but S.E is very fast & reliable..

E-mail me if you need any more help.

Kevin- GO WIRELESS

Using cable and no complaints. More expensive than DSL in this area, but hey it's a tax deduction.

I have SBC and only have high praise for their connections and service.

Where does $26.95 a month sound outrageous?

I actually have their 384 up and 1500-6000 down program. True it's $99.00 a month, but the speeed is unreal.

Jason,

Get real with your life, $26.95 is not out of line.

As for service? Why do you need that... does your service go out for you? I have had SBC for 5 years and never had a down time.

ABW Ambassador
    I have had speakeasy and loved their service. I use cable, but our digital cable goes out at least once a week. So back to SBC and I think the service is horrid, terrible lag in games etc. Go with speakeasy, I would if they were offered in my area.

Now I have both - cable and then dsl as a backup.

Chet

Hey what are the avergae prices in the US for highspeed Internet? There are fiberoptic companies near downtown but most users pay roughly $40 CDN / month for cable or DSL. (west coast of Canada).

DSL is 460 kbps up and 1.5 Mbit/s max down.

Cable is max 10 Mbit/s (you never reach it though).

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Site: ADS-Links.com

I Pay $50.00us for cable. It's the fastest thing I have every seen and so it is well worth it. It actually doesn't cost me much more than dial up did because w/dial up I needed a 2nd phone line. I've experienced a bit of down time but nothing to get about.

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

We're paying $49.95 a month for Cable. DSL runs a couple dollars cheaper - but we haven't talked to anyone that's liked the service (bell south).

We've been tossing the satellite idea around since our cable connections been getting less reliable. We're just not prepared to spend the $700 for equipment.

ABW Ambassador
    I've had SBC DSL before & I'm stuck w/ them again since I think they're the only co. where I just moved. The city I moved from used Surewest and while there was no downtime, the rates were higher than SBC's highest rates!! Where I moved from before that (actually both places) I had SBC & there was a lot of downtime and the rates were avg.
    Since I just signed up again, I got in on SBC's latest promotion which is 1yr at $29/mo. for either speed they offer, so of course I went w/ the faster...of course, after that contract is up, it shoots up to $49/mo... it should be hooked up tomorrow!

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

Sounds like cable is decently fast in the US and relatively reliable. nice.

Ellen: Besides the cost factor, I heard that many satellite connections have fast downloads but very slow uploads. This may not be effective for affiliate marketing where you are required to upload so much data to your web server. Hope this helps.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Site: ADS-Links.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    When I had DSL in the greater Atlanta area, it was great 1-1.5mb download speed. Great. then moved up north, have cable service, used to get about 600-800K. They just upgraded their system and been checkeing everyday the past few day and getting speeds from 2.5-2.6mb, holy fast batman!

Cable price 44.95, DSL in my area $34.95 is the cheapest and most are up to $49.95. I think these are the kind of prices you can expect to pay. If you get it cheaper (maybe like SBC) they restrict you to 768k or less and that depends on how close you are to the nearest station (thats what they called it, you have to be within 16,000 feet to get DSL service, I think the farther away you are the slower your speeds?)

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread