Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On my way to finacial freedom, one page at a time. If I create 300 pages/10 sites between now and Christmas, I will achieve my goal.

So here we go. I'll keep entering my daily progress into this thread until Christmas, unless y'all get sick of me and my thread and vote to kick me off the island!

No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.- William Penn

pagecount:5 sitecount:0 money this month:0

Goal: $3000 per month by Christmas, 2003
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Finacially Free in 2003

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SBTC:
    On my way to finacial freedom, one page at a time. If I create 300 pages/10 sites between now and Christmas, I will achieve my goal.

So here we go. I'll keep entering my daily progress into this thread until Christmas, unless y'all get sick of me and my thread and vote to kick me off the island!

_No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown._- William Penn

pagecount:5 sitecount:0 money this month:0

Sunset Beach Trading Company - Finacially Free in 2003<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SBTC,

Congratulations on your start to success...

Let me know if I can help and what you need from me...

P.S.&gt; Lucky you, you can be financially free with 3K per month. That just about covers my basic monthly family expenses !!

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

I do it in bursts. No sites at all this year, then I did three new ones last week.

It's a good plan though

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

I built a whole site in one day. You need to do whatever works for you. But, you have to be consistant. I do best with one site at a time, versus one page a day. I have to wait until I'm motivated.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A page a day is fine if you can keep it up. But I, too, go in bursts. Plenty of nothing and then I'll make a whole site or a huge section!

And I always look forward to the summer, when I don't even try to make new sites or pages!

Andy-- that's a lot of expenses!!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

I do sites at once myself..

Build all the functional code when I'm in a coding mood, do the froofrah site design later, after the SE's have started indexing them, load the backend db's with products when I'm in a braindead mood..

Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Thanks for the encourgement everyone...

Andy, the 3k replaces my current salary (depressing, aint it....) and gets me home at MY desk working for ME. And you can help me out a lot. You are site number two, Chris and Mondera are site one. I'm looking forward to working with you, I figure you are an important part of my future success.

As far as page a day/site a month, and various methods of gettin it done, it will probably vary quite a bit... but not letting myself come back here and read/post until my page count has increased sets the MINIMUM requirement for me, so whether I code php, html, design color schemes (my weakness, fer sure..) or what, doesn't matter... just making sure I get at least the one page done will keep me on track.

" When facing a difficult task, act as if you cannot fail.
    When going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce!"
    --- Author Unknown

pagecount:7 sitecount:0 money this month:0

Thanks again everyone -

Mel

ABW Ambassador
    Heh heh, I wish the rule I had made for myself would have been to make a page for every post I made on this and other message boards!

Some times you need to have some inspiration, and that can be the tricky bit. Sometimes ideas come all at once, and you can have a bit of a frenzy.

Then comes the problem of keeping sites up to date. I don't like that so much

________

Ok, Sunday...

researched diamonds sites... created a new catagory on my own personal link list for diamond sites... researched diamonds in general, very interesting stuff...

realized that the reason I was having troubles cramming product links into the catagories I had created was.... I had created my catagories wrong!

Instead of focusing on Diamonds/Plat/Gold/Silver, I should be focusing on Engagement Rings/Bracelets/Earings/etc... so I went back and recreated my menus/pages... created 15 new pages in the 'correct' catagories Then had to sit there and let my lovely wife give me a bad time for 'not planning things out first'... which is usually what I give HER a bad time for!

Registered a domain for my daughter so she could chat with her friends. Emailed my host to have them set it up. Helped her on some basic html. Downloaded YaBB SE for her to use as her Bulletin Board.

Helped my lovely wife with some affiliate links to candlepeople.com. Registed her candle domain, and emailed host to have it set up.

You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind. - Irish Proverb

pagecount:18 sitecount:0 money this month:0

peace y'all

ABW Ambassador
    I am a staunch advocate for the "page a day, site a month" mantra....but not literally...if at the end of the week I've built at least 7 pages and at the end of the month have at least one new site up, then I am happy.

Some days I build a whole months worth, then don't accomplish anything for days and days.

In the beginning, I made myself build at least one page a day and upload at least one new site per month, but usually did a heck of a lot more than that! Now, I still keep track of my work in those terms, but don't force myself to kick out the one a day(literally), sometimes seven pages once a week is good too

It is a general measure of progress and if followed -will lead to success.

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

Monday morning - up at 5:30, get an hour and a half in before I gotta get into the shower for the day j*b...

Create a content page, update menu bar links, update site map, tried to make my header 'prettier' - without much success I might add! Didn't create any new pages, just fleshed out existing ones.

MsMarySunshine - I gotta follow the page per day, or else my work ethic just goes to s*** If I force myself to do SOMETHING productive (might not be a whole new page, but I gotta do SOMETHING! ) then I'm moving forward towards my goal. And all ready it's working... if I come here and read before I work, I feel guilty! I'll stop and go do something productive before I allow myself to hang out and read... although there is a huge amount of knowledge here, and reading the archives is VERY informtative and productive in it's own right, I gotta get some code down first, or else I just dont feel right!

Dynamoo - I know what you mean about the inspiration... tricky to figure out what to do when nothing seams worth doing... but as soon as I code the tiniest little table, I immediately feel better and it get's me motivated.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

pagecount:19 sitecount:0 money this month:0

Mel
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Financially Free in 2003

Don't worry about making the site too pretty. As long as you don't frighten visitors off then you should be OK. The aim of an affiliate site is to help the visitor find the product they want and send them off to the merchant, with whatever sales spin you think is appropriate.

________

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't worry about making the site too pretty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>heh - you misunderstand... not worried about making it to PRETTY, but worried about making it to UGLY! Trying not to offend anyone with my 1993 style web-design!

Mel

Hey SBTC, I just wanted to say that I like what you're doing, keeping us updated on your progress and all. Very interesting idea. I was an affiliate 'newbie' myself only a few months ago. I don't know what kind of sites you're making but I can tell you that $3000 per month is very possible, and you can probably achieve that a lot sooner than next December! I jumped from making less than $1000 per month for several months to making over $4000 the past couple months. In fact, in February, I made over $5000! The most important thing is to be patient and not let little things frustrate you too much. Good luck and keep us updated!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SBTC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't worry about making the site too pretty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>heh - you misunderstand... not worried about making it to PRETTY, but worried about making it to UGLY! Trying not to offend anyone with my 1993 style web-design!

Mel
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Financially Free in 2003<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure.
    - M. Twain

Thanks soundbwoy,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I jumped from making less than $1000 per month for several months to making over $4000 the past couple months. In fact, in February, I made over $5000!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Did you go deep with one niche (one big site selling mainly the same stuff), or broad with 100 sites with different types of stuff? You doin this full time, as in, more than 6 hours per day?

Thanks!

It is wiser to find out than to suppose. - Mark Twain

Mel

Actually, I've done both. I have one very large site that focuses on one type of product AND I have several small revenue sites.

Thanks soundbwoy,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I jumped from making less than $1000 per month for several months to making over $4000 the past couple months. In fact, in February, I made over $5000!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Did you go deep with one niche (one big site selling mainly the same stuff), or broad with 100 sites with different types of stuff? You doin this full time, as in, more than 6 hours per day?

Thanks!

_It is wiser to find out than to suppose._ - Mark Twain

Mel
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Financially Free in 2003<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure.
    - M. Twain

Tuesday Helped my lovely wife with a candle site last night, quickly looked at DiscountCandleShop's site building script, decided it needs a better, in depth look.

This morning, I was adding product links to my ear ring page, decided that there must be a better way. Logged into Mondera's Data Feed page, created an ear ring datafeed and downloaded it. Downloaded trial version of 4W (http://www.fourthworld.com/) Web merge... said hmmmmm: I think I'm onto something! Worked through the tutorial (thank you for the good docs, Richard), modified some templates, looked up and it was time to get ready for the day j*b!!

Task List for this evening: Finish web merge Templates, create and download data feeds from Mondera for each of my catagories, research DiscountCandleShop.

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else."
    - Yogi Bera

pagecount:19 sitecount:0 money this month:0

peace all

Mel

Wednesday Good Morning everyone - another beautiful day in Florida. Being able to have the windows down and sunroof open on the way to w*rk lessens the pain slightly... Radio guy just said 81 degrees today!

Got to meet some folks in the chat room last night, that was cool. Thanks for welcoming me in, looking forward to meeting more people on this board. What a great resource...

I think I can go ahead and list this as a 'site' now... I'm not *horribly* embarassed if someone actually sees it now! Lot more work to do, but it's funtional, products in place, navigates cleanly, ready for customers... Open the Google Gate!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Task List for this evening: Finish web merge Templates, create and download data feeds from Mondera for each of my catagories, research DiscountCandleShop.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Completed my task list. Worked on templates quite a bit, slick process. Created and uploaded 40 product pages. Decided DiscountCandleShop's script/program/datafeed is a good investment, shuffled it up closer to the top of the "To List".

Task List for Wednesday: <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Update templates (and ALL pages!) with META tags & Spider-Food (anyone read Spider Food ?). Hate to have bots roaming around with nothing to munch on... <LI>Create a few more content pages. <LI>Update Site Map.<LI>Submit to SE's[/list]

pagecount:59 sitecount:1 money this month:0

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap ... but by the seeds you plant! - Robert Louis Stevenson

Have a wonderful day eveyone!

Mel

what about 1600+ pages in a minutes and a Site in a 2 hours?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> what about 1600+ pages in a minutes and a Site in a 2 hours? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>what about 1600+ pages in a minutes and a Site in a 2 hours? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah but it's the days of tweaking the script to get it just right

________

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:

Yeah but it's the days of tweaking the script to get it just right

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks God Because my partner is excellent coder

dive deep ride fast

Well since this has turned into a pagemaking showoff contest and I love showing off. I'll announce that I have over 1.75 million pages created within the last two weeks all with customized user features ie FAQ and comments to go with each product in order to seperate my material from the rest of the datafeed sites. This also comes with membership functions with optional use of incentives to market my products to them. No the pages aren't hard coded but google's been eating them up like mad. I'm hoping to see a few of them in this next index.

On top of that I also have another million (approximately) pages from other websites I've created in the last few months that are just now getting indexed. I've had to build my own server and ran a deal with the owner of the company I work for to host my server. Been learning linux, php, mysql, and how the heck to use command line to admin websites. It's a lot of fun I love to learn. I think that's the best part about being an affiliate, all the cool stuff you learn and hats you wear.

Yeah?
    Well I ...
    I aahhhhhh
    I .... built ummmmm......
    I gotta go.

Game on!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast