I had what was the greatest job I could ask for until the owners recently decided to get someone to be a manager relieving themselves of some work. He was a co-worker and really wasn't that bad until they made him manager. I actually liked him and got along just fine but now it's almost like he's trying to eliminate my job. I have lost many of my responsibilities so far and am left as nothing more than a working drone. The worst part is that my success makes him look better and my failures only hang on my shoulders. In short he's turned into a d*ck head and I want out of here asap. So I'll be working my way towards unemployement in the near future.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hopefully you'll be out soon. But you're more than halfway there. The first step to getting out of the Twilight Zone is realizing that you've been *in* it...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Heyder,

Sorry to hear about your sitaution. To be honest, I thought you were out right from when I met you. Again, sorry to hear about your work. Knowing you, I know that you will find what you are looking for

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Site: ADS-Links.com

Sorry about to hear about the situation Heyder, but good luck in the future and I know you will be successful.

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>, <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

Heyder .. sorry to hear of your woes ... wish you great success and a Happy New Year!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

That is so sad. I HATE working for other people almost as much as Leader does. I hope you can make it in AM OK instead.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder, that sounds exactly like what I went through in my j*b, which is why I eventually left.

Full time AM is a whole lot better than a j*b and I think you could easily do AM full time.

Whatever it is, I wish you all the best.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

I feel for you Heyder.

Everything is ticking along nicely, then some a'hole comes along and throws a spanner in the works.

People can be a pain sometimes.

Not much you can do about it - move on, learn from the experience.

Sounds like the timing to make a move might be right. Having to work under those conditions is unacceptable. Do yourself a favor and be sure to let the owners know WHY you're leaving. They need to know about the monster they've created.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do, I would bet you'd do well in AM.

Andy

I had similar happen to me, Heyder. Even though I only had low-level responsibilities at my j*b, a jerk just like you describe tried his best to make my position redundant! You can guess what happened from what you know of my opinion of empl*yment (I was SO outta there) but I still get p*ssed when I think about it, since before that yutz showed up it had been one of the few times a j*b had actually been tolerable!

But on the bright side, I moved onwards and upwards. That guy, on the other hand, is doubtlessly right about where I left him--a low-level manager in a corporation with over 1000 people of the same rank.

May you do so much better now, that when you look back on this, that guy's position will seem like nothing in comparison to the station you achieve.

Affiliate Manager
    Heyder,
    Sorry to hear about the situation. Hopefully you will soon be able to look back at this as this beginning of an even better phase in your life.

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

Heyder:

No doubt you'll do well whatever direction you take.

@ Leader: me=

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

I hope the new year fetches you some answers for your predicament Heyder. I can definitely relate to what you are going through, fortunately my sites just started to produce a reasonable income in time and helped me through it. I gotta admit though the fact that Pauline was working made a big diference.

Good luck Heyder

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> manager .... d*ck head <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, that's employm*nt in 3 words

make an escape plan, at least that's something the d*ck head doesn't have

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Heyder,

I wish you all the best with your future endeavours. There is nothing better than a situation like this to give you focus. Being completely anti-establishment myself and totally unemployable due to my arrogant belief from a young age that there is only one right way to do things coupled with my total dis-respect for any kind of social structure I've had to muddle along on my own for years.

Affiliate marketing is the key and a simple truth is that financially, doing something part-time can't compete with doing something full-time not only for the extra hours you get to put in but also for the steep incline this creates in the learning curve.

There may be some lean months ahead caused by the loss of a fixed source of income but aff marketing offers an unlimited (within reason) amount you can earn.

One of the best things I love about it is that it is easier to accept the failures as they are your own and this is much easier to accept when you realise that all your financial successes are your own.

Send the S.O.B. a copy of your earnings in a year!!!!

All the best,

DPG

Heyder, I'm sorry you are having problems with your job. Hopefully things will work out in a way that you will be the one leaving in your own terms, and your Affiliate Marketing will more than provide for all the $$$ you'll need or want.

Just Lurking
    Heyder sorry to hear about your j*b. It sounds like you like it which is Something I could never say about any of my j*bs. Have had many a$$holes for a boss though. Hope it all works out Heyder.

Best of Luck.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    I hope it works out well for you. If you get out, don't look back and focus all your energy online.
    GOOD LUCK!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Hopefully you'll be out soon. But you're more than halfway there. The first step to getting out of the Twilight Zone is realizing that you've been *in* it...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really like your Twilight Zone comment, mind if I use it sometime.

Diane

<LEFT class=sig><FONT size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman,Times,Serif">Interested in Philosophy? Come and visit my forum:</FONT>
    <FONT face=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif color=blue>Philosophy, Spirituality &amp; Kabbalah</FONT>[/b]</FONT></CENTER>
    <CENTER class=sig><FONT color=blue></FONT></CENTER>
    <DIV class=sig align=left><FONT class=TimesRoman12 face="Times New Roman" color=#d6b643>[B]<FONT color=blue>"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Sure, just as long as you don't *overuse* it...

ABW Ambassador
    Good luck Heyder! I've been wishing I was ready to leave for quite some time... today was a prime example of a completely moronic manager... told a coworker that they can't come in early any more! I guess the people who come in late, take long lunches and leave early are okay, but god forbid we get to work early!!

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

If I was the boss nobody'd ever come in early because *I* wouldn't. Therefore the doors'd still be locked up tight!

Is there some reason for coming in early that's not totally ?? Do people there actually get paid for it?

(I can't believe I'm defending a m*nager...but seriously! I would have loved to hear even one say, "stay away until you have to come in" instead of acting like I should want to live in the freakin' place!)

ABW Ambassador
    Traffic is a big factor...some days are better than others, so I get in 15-30min early...am I just supposed to sit in my car? You can bet if I do, I'm backing up to the managers window and either do burnouts or I'll put something on w/ some serious bass & rattle stuff off of his walls
    There is no harm in coming in early and surfing the web, checking stats, or email, etc. And the reason why I can't cut it close is becuase one day I was 2min late (w/ proof) but his boss lied to him and said I was 20min late...so now I'm always early. My coworker was held up in the kitchen by our boss' boss & then she told our boss that my coworker wasn't working because he was in the kitchen! This lady is a piece of work...I'm just glad I don't have to do all of her travel arrangements anymore. Of course, her "assistant" just sits there all day and reads a local newspaper's web site.
    k...'nuff said I think

*edited to add that it's pretty much just us... others come in late, take long lunches & leave early & nothing happens to them...

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread