Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I'm thinking about moving and would like to hook up by email or phone to ask some questions about the best area to move to. I have specific things I'm looking for. But have only been there for sales conventions in Phoenix and did a speaking engagement at some golf resort in Scottsdale a LONG time ago, so don't really know much about the various areas and best places to live.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

[This message was edited by Catalyst on January 08, 2004 at 09:17 PM.]

I live in East Mesa which is a very nice area. Also, unlike Scottsdale, housing is not too expensive and there are loads of new developments going up. Another very nice area you could consider adding to your list is Apache Junction. AND I hope you can stand the heat over here

ABW Ambassador
    I would consider Orlando

I work in lounge pants

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Grumpy I DON'T like the heat. I can't stand being hot, but since I live inside, on the computer I'm not sure how much of an issue it would be. I'd be on the computer with air condiditoning most of the time.

I have considered Prescott or Sedona to get in the 4 seasons, and it looks beautiful up there but don't think they are big enough cities for me.

It's a tie between Arizona and Colo Springs Colorado. I used to live there and miss it.

My main goal is to get out of CA due to the cost of living being so high. According to cost of living calculators I would save over 30K a year if I moved to either area. If I could save 30K a year for the old age fund, that would be smart.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Don't forget to install solar panels to fuel those air conditioners, where I live I need airconditioning 24/7. The new house will have solar panels installed to cut the electricity bills.

You guys are making me wish I lived in Arizona!! Here in NYC its like 5 degrees. Brrrr.

And it aint over.. it's going below zero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    ...BRONX NY-KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY- 434 AM EST FRI JAN 9 2004
    ... ARCTIC AIR MOVING INTO THE METROPOLITAN AREA...

THE COMBINATION OF A COLD ARCTIC AIRMASS OVERSPREADING THE AREA AND NORTH WINDS OF 10 TO 15 MPH... WILL RESULT IN WIND CHILL READINGS BETWEEN ZERO AND 10 BELOW ZERO FOR A PERIOD OVERNIGHT TONIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY MORNING. WHILE WIND CHILL VALUES ARE NOT EXPECTED TO REACH WIND CHILL ADVISORY CRITERIA... THESE CONDITIONS WILL STILL BE DANGEROUS UNLESS PROPER PRECAUTIONS ARE TAKEN. THOSE PLANNING TO VENTURE OUTDOORS SHOULD USE COMMON SENSE AND DRESS WARMLY AND IN LAYERS... MAKING SURE THAT ALL EXPOSED SKIN IS COVERED. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SPECIAL ATTENTION MAY BE NEEDED BY THE ELDERLY... CHILDREN AND PETS.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You guys are making me wish I lived in Arizona!! Here in NYC its like 5 degrees<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Love the cold, it's supposed to warm up to 5 below today. (-17 now.) Reports of 33 below last night up here in the North Country. Cold as it gets, I wouldn't trade this area for the world or Arizona.

However, I'm looking forward to going back to AZ to bike around the Grand Canyon someday. Hiked in the Canyon 30 years ago.

Wayne

Linda,

I'm in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Paradise Valley area a lot. You would have to get used to the heat during the summer, but the winters there are usually pretty nice. It even gets cold there from time to time.

Have you considered Tucson?

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    It sounds like the state directly in the middle of these considerations would be your best bet.

UTAH!

From desert to snowy mountaintops. Kayaking to skiing. If your inside most the time you will get a taste of every weather type when you do go outside. O ya, great fishing also.

I hate the heat, and AZ is mind numbingly hot in the summer. You have to cool down your car before you go out, so you don't melt to the seat!

By the time you get tired of the heat, cold, snow or rain in Utah it's already changing.

Is there an affiliate program for Utah ..... *Squiggie checking CJ*

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I LOVE the heat, there's no such thing as "too hot" for me within the range of Earthly temperatures. Of course this IS with the proper air-conditioning equipment, but I don't see that as "cheating" any more than it would be to run the furnace in the cold!

As for going outside, I'd much rather start sweating than have my breath turn to ice crystals before my very eyes. And to COOL the car before getting in...wonderful! It beats having to melt the cake of ice off the windows (or worse yet, SCRAPE it off)...

Arizona was very high on my list of potential places to move to until I found out how dry it is most of the time. My favorite plants are all water-guzzlers (no thanks to those blah-looking xeriscaping varieties) so I have to have a place where a decent rain is not so rare!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread