Name that Movie

It’s been a while since we had a round of Name that Tune, so I thought a new twist on the game would be in order. Btw, it has nothing to do with the fact that my roads are all iced over and I just don’t feel like working. Nothing, honest! Ok, the rules are, there ain’t no rules! Just kidding, for each line name the movie and the character. If the line is a catch phrase used in movie sequels that have unique names (that is not Movie I, Movie II) give me the names of all the movies. If the line has been used in multiple movies, I’m looking for the one I’m thinking about, so get your psychic caps on. Oh, and don’t use your favorite search engine to find the answer. Got it, here we go:

1.“I said no camels! That’s five camels, can’t you count?”
    2."I don't know nothing 'bout birthing no babies”
    3.“Call me Snake”
    4."Charlie don't surf!"
    5.“You’d do it for Randolph Scott”
    6.“Its too bad she won't live...but then again who does?”
    7."If ya'll don't shut up I'm ganna go outta my mind!"
    8.“It's lonely being a cannibal. Tough to make friends.”
    9.“Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon--two coats!”
    10.“She’ll be back”
    11.“Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash…”
    12.“Looks like we got us a sow here, 'stead of a boar.”
    13.“He doesn't know it's a damn show, he thinks it's a damn fight!”
    14.“We don't need no badges”
    15.“A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.”

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

These are all pretty tough !

I know a couple (I think)

3. Excape from New York (Kurt Russel)
    6. Blade Runner
    15. Dr. Stangelove (Slim Pickens character)

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

13. Rocky

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

14 is Blazing Saddles?

Why Work For the Boss,
    When you can be the Boss?

ABW Ambassador
    2. Prissy in "Gone With The Wind"

Wayne

4. Apocalypse Now

10. Terninator 3

"Idea + Action = Success!"

@buy_online yes,yes, and yes, but #3 Has another answer and #6 I just need a character. Some of these lines were spoken by supporting characters not the leads, so the actors name or something like “The guy who did this that or the other” is ok.

@phillyBurbs.com – I should have known someone with a name like yours would get that one. Now who said it?

@GOWIRELESS – Time to adjust your psychic hat. The line “Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges” was in Blazing Saddles (And WKRP in Cincinnati) but that’s not the movie I’m looking for. There is a hint in my post about one.

@NorthernStudio – Ding Ding Ding You got it!

@Hooligan – “Surf or Fight” yep, now just need a character.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

#5 Blazing Saddles, Sheriff Bart

Jason:

I forget the guy's name, but it was Apollo Creed's trainer in the corner, I believe.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    11. Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs

@cjshu – I tried a curve ball there and you got it. I’m not going to be pedantic on that one. I think we all know who said it!

@Vampyre – “Well raise my rent” You got it. There’s the hint GOWIRELESS, even though I love the movie, I wouldn’t use two quotes from Blazing Saddles in the same list.

@phillyBurbs.com – Close enough for me.

So 2, 5, 10, 13, and 15 have been solved. And we need more information on 3, 4, and 6. The rest are still unknown.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>@Hooligan – “Surf or Fight” yep, now just need a character. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the "Goofy ----" Major something-or-other, played by Duvall.

14. How about "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" or something like that. Has Bogey in it.

9. Could it be from "The Producers"?

Jim

For Blade Runner, I thought it might be Edward James Olmos, but could be wrong. He was the other cop who made the Oregami, reminding Ford's character (Deckerd) about the girl.

As for Dr. Stangelove, Picken's character was Major Kong, well known for riding the nuclear bomb down from the B52 to the ICBM complex at Laputa (spelling).

Haven't got a clue about "Snake Pliskin," in Escape from New York or LA. That was my guess, but wrong I guess.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

14. Three Amigos - Steve Martin

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

@wyvern Go have some liver and fava beans, you got it!

@Hooligan We’ll take that. Kilgore played by Robert Duvall

@IGshop 2 for 2. 14 is “Treasure of the Sierra Madre”(1948) Starring Humphrey Bogart. The whole line is “Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!” Next question Who said it? #9 is “The Producers” Like I said I wouldn’t put two quotes from Blazing Saddles in one list, but I’m not above using two quotes from Mel Brooks movies.

@ buy_online Edward James Olmos is the actor as Gaff, the origami cop. I think that may be his only English line in the movie, not that he had many lines anyway. Slim Pickens and Maj. Kong. And I just realized that there are 2 movies with Slim Pickens on the list. “What in the wide wide world of sports” was I thinking. And you got the second Snake Pliskin movie with Escape from LA. I think you’re in the lead with 3 right!

@ cdc I hadn’t thought about Three Amigos, but now that you mention it, I seem to vaguely remember the line there too. But alas, I was looking for the film that started all the references to badges, “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre”

Jason

1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to Sallah I believe - Gotta hate those Nazis too
    8. Ravenous - Cannibalism can be fun - so can cult films
    12. Squeal like a Pig my friend

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread