Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Since I'v been involved in this industry a long time before cj and amazon opened, I feel like I have like everyone here has made mistakes in the very beginning of figuring out how to convert sales and understanding how affiliate marketing works. Since this is my true passion and I believe this is the way to go with the economy just getting worse I have been thinking of writing a book about my life and the ups and downs of affiliate marketing and how I finally passed the obsticles that have been pushing me back and telling me I can't do it!, Well I'm doing it well helping others figure out how to get past those obsticles. I am very interested in doing this because I truely believe in it. I will still be participating here and making sites as It's addicting for me not too. LOL. Anyway if I do finish with this book I will only premote it to those in this industry. Anyway I would like your thoughts and opinions and what you would like to see involved in this book. I will get random people from ABW (those who I trust) to review it and critique it since I know affiliates or those who have been successful in this industry should be giving there content. Anyway feel free to send me a private message on what you would like to be seen within this book. Okay hope you all have a great weekend! This is going to be fun and interesting I think!

Drinking and writing never mix my friend!

I do not want to do you harm, but you juts quit Safeway or whatever grocery store a few months ago. You have not been in this since day one.

DAMN I love a good fish tail but have the decency to call it what it is FICTION!

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, i don't want to sound mean, but reality check time. Everybody loves your enthusiasm, and i'm very happy you're starting to make money, but:

Writing a book about your life, you're only 23 or 24 right?

As far as writing, you would definetly need an editor. All kinds of problems there.

You haven't made it yet. You live with relatives, have no car, have no health insurance, last month in a thread you were worried about having enough money to pay rent.

As far as promoting it to the industry, to who?

The above might sound mean but i'm just being honest with you. I'm happy you're starting to see success, but i don't think you've made it yet, but getting there.

SandraR actually I have been in this industry longer then a lot of the members here. And survived the dot com crash. you bet I have been making good money for a long time. Safeway just was another obsticle I successly destroyed Anyway I'll wait till I am even more successful before I really commit. but you bet I made it. no failure for me now!

I'll wait for now, but don't think this topic has been gone for good, I'll be back! But trust actually I do not live with relatives got a apartment now :0).

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, what are you talking about surviving the dot.com crash? You were in high school and had a tripod freebie site.

Do you really have your own apartment? From your past posts you said you haven't broken the $1000 a month barrier and i remember this thread:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...765#2786008765

I think your time now is better spent continuing to build your site.

trust cj is not the only affiliate program I use. I use over 6 programs and cj is not even 25% of my earnings yet. Actually I should hit over $1000 soon, also I moved which where I live now is very cheap and in-expensive compared to where I used to live, I'm only paying $200 a month for rent. So I'm doing okay right now. but perhaps your right I should wait till I get more sales. Actually that tripod site is not active right now. I'm on to better stuff.

Also I will wait I guess on writing a book till after I hit the $10,000 a month goal.

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully you do break the $1,000 a month barrier soon. I am happy for you that you're moving in the right direction, just keep at it.

well since I know theres going to more flaming on this thread, I don't care what you all think on this. but I will not write a affiliate marketing book right now, Instead I'll show you all what I can do within this industry.

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can somehow become great.- Mark Twain

Okay back to work! New goal get over 25,000 pages in the search engines and 500,000 unique visitors a month by 2005. I can and I will accomplish this!

Thanks Trust! I know I can do it and I will prove it!

Jason....

I'll ask it again....

Who CAres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I you were andy r maybe there would be some interest....

but Jason the only person you are important to is your mom!

ARe you so lacking attention that you consistantly need to shine the bright lite in yourself....??

I am noticing a trend...

I know several good therepists is So Cal. I would gladly recommend one....

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Jason,

I'm in charge of the new books at the local Barnes and Noble, and spend a lot of time with authors, some quite famous. (They all seem to have a second home on Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard.)

Writing a book (getting it published, even by yourself, promoting it and making money) is almost impossible.

It would surely take away from your affiliate marketing career. Perhaps you could start with a magazine article or short guest column for a business or lifestyle magazine. There actually might some interest.

I know you're sick of hearing this but you need to improve your writing skills, spelling and grammar. Especially if you want to write professionally.

Lily

I don't lack attention. I"m just a motivated and enthusuastic person and quite excited how my business is doing.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    2 cents is right in the sense, a book like this may work, but at this point in time I don't think so
    I find it hard enough to get ideas and my own freelance outdoor and fishing articles published. I've dabbled in it for years, but even at this stage a book would still only be a labour of love only and not something I would realize any great monetary gain from.
    The odd magazine that knows my work are easier to get approved and published in, but even this has taken a lengthy time to establish.
    If you really want to write and have a book done, ask yourself the question and seriously and truthfully answer it.
    Would you buy a semi autobiographical book from a 23 year old, barely surviving in an industry that people know nothing about.
    Find some magazines, local publications, freebie publications, maybe even the new revenue magazine, and develop your writing skills with that to start. Your idea and story slant would be worth publishing, but for now probably nothing best than as a magazine article.
    So go for it as you wish, I think your long term target may be a book, but basically you need to start smaller initially.

walleye warrior, okay I agree, maybe it's not time to write a book, and maybe my2cents is correct.. that's why I wanted your feedback, it will be long term after I get better results.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    In case I wasn't completely clear
    If that is your goal never lose sight of that goal.

Just be realistic until a more appropriate time arises for it to happen

Jason...

When you have reached the notority of Jay Abramham

You will be ready to write that book...

Then you will have something to say... and people will want to know your thoughts....

until then... just have fun doing your business...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I agree with walleye. I do not agree with all this discouragement. Jason, why not start a diary. A diary from either day to day or week to week. If you turn 1k a month into 10k a month in a year or two, well, then your diary IS your book. And people would be interested in it. Like anything else it has to offer value. Right now there is no "real" value. Think and do something out of the box, make it work, and then you have something of value.
    I have a long history in the bagel business. I am the bagel guru. I wrote a manual about the bagel business and I sell this manual for $197.00. I sell on average, 3 a week with no advertising. Just keep doing what you do best and success will come.
    We'll that's my take on this.

Jason,

I have been around the computer industry for years. I am only 35 but the IBM PC came out about 5 years before I graduated from high school. I have worked as a technician, a programmer, an adult education instructor, and am now a manager on a large computer project. I believe that I have tremendous experience but I AM NOT writing a book. I tend to think that as others have pointed out, a select few people can really pull of writing a book successfully.

I also don't want to rain on your parade but I see several problems with the idea. You are young and obviously still have much to learn. For now, I think I'd concentrate on learning from the others here. You have some good things to share but if you truly have been around since the 'dot com crash' and have been doing affiliate things for as long as you say, you most certainly should have been able to pass that $1000 a month goal. I have only been actively doing affiliate stuff for less than a year and certainly have passed that myself.

Anyway, not meaning to bring you down but focus on your strengths and the rest will fall in place when it's suppose to.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

I was going to say what Howie said: keep a daily journal of what you're doing, thinking, dreaming and especially keep track of your successful actions. Write a LOT and keep your eye on that mountain. Once you've made it you'll have plenty of material for that book.

Jim

Jason,

Before you put this thread to rest, you need to accomplish a few very good points made above and a few of more.

1. Keep a Diary
    2. Do not rely on the networks to make you your money. When you start stocking your own stuff is when you actually see the hard cash.
    3. Own your own server and learn were to place more than one in the proper locations (weather down time)
    4. Learn to hardcore script your own sites
    5. Hire a lot of other people to build sites for you while you grow your little empire.
    6. Hire or marry a damn good packaging engineer. (Personal experience there)
    7. Turn 1K a month into 1 K a day
    8. Go back to school and take a writing course
    9. Never loose hope.
    10. Start writing small articles and try to get them published with magazines, because after accomplishing the above you will have something to write about.

Ohh shit I think that’s my autobiography

OOPS

Other than the classes on writing

-----------------------------------------------

OK WHAT THE HELL is going on with you Jason?
    Not goodbye, just see you later....Abw Absense

I am not sure what is up with you, but it is time you got your stuff together. You are posting worse NONSENSE than me!

GET A GRIP before it’s to late and we hear from you into he Looney bin.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, you need to stay very very focused on your goal of having 500,000 unique visitors and or making over 10K a month by 2005.

IMO you better completely forget about writing anything but more pages with marketing!

Jason,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In case I wasn't completely clear
    If that is your goal never lose sight of that goal.

Just be realistic until a more appropriate time arises for it to happen <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with WW as ussual. What might be a good idea is to keep a daily or weekly journal on your goal to $10,000 a month. Then when you DO hit your goal, you might have some good material to write something. Do follow your dreams though, you only get one lifetime.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Jason,

I applaud you're enthusiasm and determination. As a writer myself, I can tell you that writing a book is difficult, but not impossible. First, you got to start gathering material. Buy a small folder holder and a bunch of folders. Put clips of material, your own written observations and lots of other stuff in these forlders and organize them.

Once you get a bunch of info, you've got to decide who your audience will be and if you
    want to make any money with the book or not. Both things dictate how the book should come together, if it does.

Instead of looking for a hard-copy deal, I know a great e-book publisher that you could hook up with. That would be more plausible, because it allows new authors to get published quickly and affordably. Let me know if you want the name and website of this publisher.

Keep dreaming and building up your material. Maybe you could interview different people here and use that material for your book. You probably need a different kind of angle to make your material sell. How about a book that shows what everyone bought with their affiliate money? I think there was even a thread on this.
    Think "outside of the box" as Trump would say.

Good luck,
    Spike
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

Hey this is the Internet, anyone can write a book and self publish it. If you want to write a book, write it. If you don't make any money with it so what, you will still learn some things. But why post about it before you have done it? Jason Kelly wrote a book telling people how to make a little extra money online. You have the same knowlege. You don't have to tell people how to quit their job and make a million. You sure are quick to change your mind just cause someone doesn't like your idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast