Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. the freedom from a BS job...no boss no assigned schedules

2. paying the rent each month

3. paying my part of the utilitys :0).

4. food

5. in the process of donating to charity...

6. A new computer fast with (a powerful radeon 9200 card) new sound card

7. Fun talking with abw members here :0).

8. helping others get the above... Hey If I can do it, anyone can do it. even those who may have doubts :0). Hmm I was one who had a lot of doubts before this happened. Now I can say with pride, Don't give up.... okay back to making pages... :0) hmm webmerge time....

oh by the want to say thank you Haiko for this board, Couldn't have done it without your boards support.. ABW merchants, ABW members and anyone else I missed... :0). okay back to work, so I can show off my screenshot... for that 2004 earnings :0), Later

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=548608979&f=591608789"target="_blank">parasiteware<a> you will not be listed on my site.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad to hear this. I haven't been around long, but I have read some of your old posts about wanting to quit your job and all. I'm glad things are going well now... for your benefit and for the inspiration to those still learning.

I hope it continues to get even better for you!

bpal, anything is possible.. just keep on reading this forum, thanks to all those who have given me the advice :0).

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

ABW Ambassador
    Has it granted you any health insurance?

I work in lounge pants

TrustNo1- Not yet that's my next goal

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

ABW Ambassador
    Probably a good idea to get that before you start donating to charity/taking vacations and trips. Something happens to you and those med bills can break you and then you would be in need of some charity yourself.

I work in lounge pants

TrustNo1- you might be right.. but chances of that happening is slim now. As I never had to go to the hospital before I worked at Safeway(shameway) LOL. but your right I'm expecting to get health insurance very soon :0). Okay later

Well going from $0 to $1000 a month by the end of the year with affiliate marketing is my goal and I think I am on the right track. I don't think I'll be in a position to drop the day j*b any time soon, at least until I consistantly make a lot more than what I am earning from the office. I think that my shorter term goals should be to
    a. make 1k a month
    b. buy a new car
    c. buy a new house (got one but I want bigger and newer.

I might be able to get b if I get a, but c will require more work. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able at least see b+c on the horizon.

I'm with bpal. I'm reading your old posts (and others) and learning... now like Jason says, "off to write some more pages1"

"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Jason,
    I had never been sick before either but last Deceember ended up in the hospital with a ruptured appendix and had over $20,000 in hospital costs and no insurance. ( I now have insurance! )
    Your past health is no indication of your future health.
    Plus, I remember a thread where you said you had passed out or something and had some medical bills you couldn't pay.
    So I would suggest you put getting medical insurance high on your list.

ABW Ambassador
    gosh, $20,000 for a hospital bill!?

we are very lucky here in the Uk, I did not realise how lucky we were!!
    we always moan about how crap or nhs is (free health care) but at least we get treatment whether we can afford it or not!!

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Jason

Next target should be "solid revenue coming in everyday" so you can take off on a trip to places you've always wanted to go, safe in the knowledge that the dollars are rolling in...a nd check those stats from the beach, mountain top everywhere

And what I REALLY want to see, is your name as one of our top earners with any of our merchants. If you can hit NetMags then that'd pop you up to a rather tasty check

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1">Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TrustNo1- you might be right.. but chances of that happening is slim now. As I never had to go to the hospital before I worked at Safeway(shameway) LOL. but your right I'm expecting to get health insurance very soon :0). Okay later
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    NEVER take health for granted, or that it happens to others

In Canada at least our miserable health care is still paid from our taxes

I woke up one day 3 1/2 years ago sicker than a dog with NO warning signs, thinking I had food poisoning from food while on a sales trip out of town
    It's been documented here in here was way more serious than bad food. For me to now get insurance after the fact is IMPOSSIBLE.

Having just been stuck in the hospital again from a complication from surgery 15 months ago, things can change suddenly no matter how well we may feel.

Just like licences and other business expenses any type of insurances and/or health insurance should be part of any one self employed and dependant on themselves to earn an income vs a regular company paycheque

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    heck yea, Connie is right on the mark Health Insurance, till I got married I lived a very "thoughtless" life...now I've got life insurance, health insurance, house mortgage insurance and insurance for the family!!! easy to overlook those things when you're young....I know I did, and I know I got VERY lucky not to get seriously sick or injured in that time

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1">Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I'm more conservative than most on this board about health insurance. I work 30 hours a week at Barnes and Noble so that I can have very good health, dental, and disability insurance, as well as a matching 401K program. My total contribution for insurance is $10 a week.

It would take a lot of commissions before I could afford that kind of coverage on my own. Quite frankly the paycheck comes in handy as well. The peace of mind is priceless and I think I can concentrate on affiliate marketing because of the security in a more effective manner.

It's not always a choice between working in terrible situations as Jason has described and nothing. I would suggest a middle ground as well.

Lily

The health insurance industry is slowly coming around to provide insurance to the self employed. For the longest time they viewed us as unemployed because we didn't have a weekly paycheck. But I have seen more and more top insurance companies begin offering coverage to independant contractors. The rates are a bit high but coming down.

Luke
    Bop Til You Drop

I have to agree with Lily, working part time somewhere to make sure you have insurance is a smart move.

Barring that, at least carry major medical coverage (with the highest deductible you can reasonably afford to cover) in case something expensive health-wise happens to you.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    This is a good point being brought up. I think many affiliates quit their jobs without realizing the how much the benefit of health insurance really cost.

Jason, you sound young enough that you can probably buy a cheap plan. Bare minimum at least. I too know plenty of people who didn't do anything, then ended up with big bills. Wouldn't want that to happen to you.

Also, if your spouse works see if you can be included on their health insurance, usually this is a LOT cheaper than getting your own insurance.

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

Great post, Jason!

Here's what my affiliate earnings have granted me:

1. The ability to set my own schedule.

2. The ability to work from anywhere in the world.

3. The ability for my wife to be a stay-at-home mom.

4. The ability for me to work from home and spend more time with my family.

5. The ability to donate more to charity every month than I used to make at a J-O-B.

6. The opportunity to make lots of new friends.

7. A dream home.

8. New vehicles.

9. Considerably larger investments towards retirement.

10. Money in the bank.

11. The ability to travel as often as I like.

12. Lots of computers.

Keep at it! Affiliate marketing works!

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> oh by the want to say thank you Haiko for this board, Couldn't have done it without your boards support.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, most definitely!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, Michael. We have a lot in common! What you have accomplished with affiliate marketing is exactly what I hope to accomplish! What irony!

ABW Ambassador
    Heck - my health insurance for me and the kids is $425 month. Ouch. But I'm planning on getting married next year and he has great insurance coverage.

Hello JadaKiss
    Welcome back.

Although I've not spoken with you before, your previous posts have given myself and other newbies inspiration.

Affiliate Manager
    Jada- congrats on the upcoming marriage!
    Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Strategic Development

(IAN) Interactive Affiliate Network Representing:
    www.hotels.com
    www.travelnow.com
    www.vacationspot.com

Jada congrats on the marriage!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast