Here is a little perl script I use to help "clean" my datafeed. If you have a merchant you do not like, but takes a lot of space up in your datafeed, you can use this snippet of perl code to get rid of it.

You name the file "cutter.pl" and put the code you see below in it. Where it says "ecampus", you can replace that with the domain name of a merchant you do not like. You must name your datafeed text file "cj.txt" and the script will make a file called "cj.small" for you, with the merchant removed. In the case below, I removed ecampus because their datafeed is over 250 megabytes and is useless. This script works without having to open the cj file in notepad (or vi) to do a search and replace.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

open(FILE, ">cj.small") || die "I can't open the output file file!\n";

open(FILE1, "cj.txt") || die "I can't open cj.txt\n";
    while(<FILE1&gt {
    unless (/ecampus/){
    print FILE;}

}
    close(FILE1);

close(FILE);

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Witness:
    Here is a little perl script I use to help "clean" my datafeed. If you have a merchant you do not like, but takes a lot of space up in your datafeed, you can use this snippet of perl code to get rid of it.

You name the file "cutter.pl" and put the code you see below in it. Where it says "ecampus", you can replace that with the domain name of a merchant you do not like. You must name your datafeed text file "cj.txt" and the script will make a file called "cj.small" for you, with the merchant removed. In the case below, I removed ecampus because their datafeed is over 250 megabytes and is useless. This script works without having to open the cj file in notepad (or vi) to do a search and replace.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

open(FILE, "&gt;cj.small") || die "I can't open the output file file!\n";

open(FILE1, "cj.txt") || die "I can't open cj.txt\n";
    while(&lt;FILE1&gt; ){
    unless (/ecampus/){
    print FILE;}

}
    close(FILE1);

close(FILE);<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread