Hey All One of my sites is about to get a plug in a NY State newspaper I haven't seen the article yet but it is suppose to come out this weekend. Unfortunately it's just a content site but it's still pretty cool news to me and I just wanted to share with the online family. I've been contacted by a few newspapers about the site including our local paper witch is suppose to give me a plug when they do another story on the topic of my site and USA Today contacted me awhile back but nothing became of that.

I do have a link to the fundraising webpage I made for my daughters varsity softball team so maybe they will get a few sales out of it. That would be cool. I tried to find what the circulation is on their website, yup they have a website also but couldn't come up with anything. I believe they are owned though by the same company as USA Today.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Congrats!

Who knows, maybe USA Today will pick it up too!

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, congrats Packy

Just started a thread about alternate ways to get traffic
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...7303#122107303

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats!

Now, what's the bidding start at for links on your site's front page?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks SeedyBee, Trust and Leader

Hmmm, not a bad idea Leader Unfortunately it's a weather site so I would feel guilty about doing that because the traffic would be useless Ok, ya twisted my arm, Joking. I'm banging my head right now trying to think of what ad to put on top. I'm thinking maybe a shoe link to Zappo's seeing how it's a change of seasons??? The girls fundraising site is ink so that knocks my best one out

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm banging my head right now trying to think of what ad to put on top <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weather equipment! Rain guages, weathervanes, etc.

That weather store that was at CJ is dead/closed program, but there's a couple of other merchants with that kind of thing, too.

I don't know if it'll sell from a content site, but it's the most targeted thing I can think of.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks Leader,

The site is based mostly on a contest so most of the people that visit aren't really interested in weather supplies I wouldn't think. However the article is going to be about spring so I was thinking maybe sandals and sneakers? I do have a link to my main shopping site so maybe that will get some traffic also. I did just give adsense a shot but it didn't really come up with anything special. Thanks Leader

Congrats DaPackster !

CONGRATS!!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Thanks Sandra and Ray It hit the stands today Only a tiny paragraph with my name but it did list the website. Kind of wish it gave a description of the site though. Either way I appreciate the jounalist for taking the time.

Heidi, Send me a copy of the newspaper please

DaPackster,

Make sure and scan a copy so we all can see your work.

How exciting for you

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Congrats Pakster on getting a local page plug. They work wonders for jumping traffic for a few days as my clients can testify.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

DaPackster: Congrats on the paper listing! Should I be reading the Post-Standard today?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Heidi, Send me a copy of the newspaper please <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I don't get the newspaper Packy and I didn't see this til it was too late. Maybe my Dad still has his.. Which section is it in so I can specifically ask him to save it
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Thanks all and sorry for not responding sooner. I happen to leave my computer on while I stepped out for a couple of hours while someone was babysitting my nephew and low and behold I came back to a virus that had infected 8000+ files . Everyone knows my computer is off limits but someone else was on the play computer so I guess the temptation was overwhelming for my nephew. My fault for leaving it on I suppose. I'm still lodging a full scale war against it and seem to be making some progress on it

Heidi,

I'm not sure what section it would have been in but it's no big deal. Only a couple of sentances but still was nice.

Ross,

Not in the Post Standard, Yet anyways. I was promised a plus from Sean Kirst though if he does an end of the season article. I'll drop ya a PM when or if it hits the paper . I just realised how close you are to me. About 10 minutes away

Hey Packy

I got the paper from my Dad and found the article - nice mention you got

Do you want me to scan it and send to you or do you want the actual clipping from the paper?
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Common then, someone scan and post it

cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just realised how close you are to me. About 10 minutes away <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few of us in the area - DFLSports is nearby, too - maybe we should all meet for an adult beverage some time!

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Congrats Packy! and sorry to hear about the virus. In scanning this thread I do not think that you said what paper?

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread