7 months since I made the decision to quit my job. Still here, surviving. Quite proud of my accomplishments.

1. enough for rent
    2. enough for the bills
    3. enough for the food
    4. managed to scrape up a extra $3000 plus for my 2003 tax refund. Another barricade to survive with and get stronger with. Now my next goal is within the next couple months is to pass my Safeway earnings. Okay enough bragging for me. LOL. I'm still here :0)., Are you willing to try to reach that point of your life where you can make the decision too? okay back to work for me so I can get that health insurance! Good luck can't wait until I can post my 1 year of being self employed. Okay later!

ABW Ambassador
    ____
    "managed to scrape up a extra $3000 plus for my 2003 tax refund. Another barricade to survive with and get stronger with."
    ____

i don't understand, why did you have to scrape up for a refund?

Lily

ABW Ambassador
    Jason you are aiming too low... aim higher.

Dream first, then take all steps to achieve.

If you aim for bird seed you will get some bird seed.

Aim for Fillet steak and that mignon may just turn up.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, nothing wrong with aiming low. First, aim low - which in my case was to meet a certain minimum acmount. Then, what that goal is reached, aim a bit higher. When that goal is again reached, aim even higher.

By going this route of setting reasonable and achieveable goals, and then setting new ones once you meet them, you can avoid some of the despair of never seeming to move closer to "sky high goals." Having lower goals also, I have found, helps keep you motivated to keep working - since you are that much closer to achieving your goal.

For me at least, I've found that by setting too high of goals - you often don't work towards them - simply because the goal is set too high and you really don't believe you can ever reach it.

ABW Ambassador
    The reverse is true too. If you aim to low you will get lax once you have achieved this goal. Better to set a huge goal and give yourself several 'milestones' along the way that will provide your short term fix and motivation till you reach the big one.

This is what works for me. Everyone is different.

However if you start planning now for the big one you will set forces and systems into play that you wouldn't have done if you settled for the smaller goals.

:P

All the best,

DPG

Aunt Lily, sorry not scrape up just enough to get a 2003 refund, if I didn't make a mistake. you see I didn't make that much in 2003 with affiliate marketing. and my job over taxed me. If I did taxes right. should be getting a extra bonus from taxes. Anyway back to work.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirk Gardner:
    The reverse is true too. If you aim to low you will get lax once you have achieved this goal. Better to set a huge goal and give yourself several 'milestones' along the way that will provide your short term fix and motivation till you reach the big one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that, or at least that is what I'm trying. I'm hoping to set some fairly big goals and then break it up into smaller goals. Those little goals can be very motivational because every one that you reach is one step closer to the bigger goal. Pretty much like you just said.
    I forgot what I was doing.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread