Hi I'm Brenda (aka Breny). I've been lurking on ABW for awhile and I decided it was time to introduce myself.

Today I gave my notice at my J*B and now I'll be doing affiliate marketing full time (after the 29th). I've been in AM since September and I love it! It's crazy to be able to make fabulous money and work for yourself.

I've read tons of posts and I appreciate all of you sharing your experience and knowledge. I'm excited about learning more.

For now, if I have a limited amount of time to read and check in, do you have any recommendations for particular forums that I should hit regularly? I haven't been able to get the "active topics" function to work consistently. Thanks!!

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats Breny! It's such a great feeling to leave a j*b to work for yourself. I would say to check Midnight Cafe, Search Engine Insight and any forums that pertain to any merchant you work with.

Kip

ABW Ambassador
    Congratulations on quiting your job and all the best with your Aff business. This is the forum to be in to keep your finger on the pulse and WMW isnt bad for picking up trends with Google although figuring out what to do with the info is down to trial and error on your part.

All the best and may you be very successful.

DPG

Congratulations and welcome to ABW, Breny!

Thanks for the encouragement! I figured out long ago that ABW was the best place to be if I wanted to figure out this business.

I need to wade through some of the stuff at WMW when I'm not worn out from the last few weeks at the j*b. Thanks for the suggestion Dirk.

Goodnight for now!

Brenda,
    That's great news! Its amazing to me to read that you started in September and in less than a year you can quit your J*B?! That is the kind of curve I want to be on!

If I may ask, were you able to completely recoup your job $$$ or did you just get close enough to quit? Obviously you are gonna blow right past that number and beyond. You are my NEW HERO!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by martyOgelvie:
    If I may ask, were you able to completely recoup your job $$$ or did you just get close enough to quit? Obviously you are gonna blow right past that number and beyond. You are my NEW HERO!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww-thank you! To answer your question, I have surpassed my monthly salary for the last 3 of the last 4 months. I figured if things are that consistent then I can make the jump.

I've always loved marketing and sales. I wanted to major in marketing in college (20 years ago) but my parents made me get an IS degree. Who knew how handy that would be?

Marketing is my favorite part of the j*b I'm leaving. But why do it for someone else when I can do it for ME!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread