Am I the only one suddenly being flooded with spam today? 300 is about average but I bet I break 1000 today!

ABW Ambassador
    Not much out of the ordinary, today. Seems to be the usual volume, just enough to make a normally non-violent person wish he could rip the lungs out of at least one of these spammers before the day is done.

Just another day here in Paradise.

Wayne

One of my two ISPs that I use has email addresses that I created way back in 1997 and at that time I didn't know not to put them on web pages and in newsgroup posts.

The result over the years was an increasing level of spam from that ISP.

Then last Decemeber that ISP announced that is was going to implement anti-SPam filtering powered by Brightmail, and suddenly at the end of January the Spam level fell to almost nothing.

So if your ISP has not got any antispam filtering then get them to look at Brightmail and point out that it might even save them money due to reduced mailerver workload.

Ironically last month my other ISP giving now me lots of spam. All the email addresses that I use there I have been very careful with ever since day 1 having learnt the lesson earlier
    so my theory is that someone who has my address in their address book got hit by an email harvesting virus of some kind.

However Brightmail is an server based tool so is only really suited for ISPs or companies who run their own mailserver.

Hope that helps

Les

PS

I bought Mailwasher before my ISP implemented BrightMail and it certainly helps to manage SPam particulary when one has more than one email account as it can look at all your inboxes in one go.

Les

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread