Don't you just love that Geico commercial where they have the dogs riding in the cars? God I love that!

ABW Ambassador
    Good commercials, but awful insurance quotes. I've used their site a couple of times to find auto insurance. Every quote I've ever gotten from them is HUNDREDS more semi-annually than what I currently pay now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    Good commercials, but awful insurance quotes. I've used their site a couple of times to find auto insurance. Every quote I've ever gotten from them is HUNDREDS more semi-annually than what I currently pay now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on your background. They heavily penalize people with even the slightest blemish on their record, which effectively keeps them out of their ranks, so they only have the most conservative drivers in their risk pool. Keeps the rates for those ultra-conservative drivers low, but they're unattractive to most anyone with a real life.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Depends on your background. They heavily penalize people with even the slightest blemish on their record, which effectively keeps them out of their ranks, so they only have the most conservative drivers in their risk pool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...lets see. I'm 36, been driving for 20 years, and have NEVER been pulled over (never got a speeding ticket, in other words). Also never filed an insurance claim (health or auto) of any kind. Have also had auto insurance for all periods between age 18 and now.

Think I might qualify for the low risk pool??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder :-):
    Don't you just love that Geico commercial where they have the dogs riding in the cars? God I love that! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, but that beagle looks either demented or like he may be possessed

One of the other ones, the one about hair loss, probably doesn't work that well, when I first see it I tune out (no interest) completely, I just realized this week that it was for Geico

Oh yeah I like that one too. I must be a little weird because I love commercials so much. I think they are more interesting and fun than most of what you see on Tele.

I don't think that's weird at all - we love the creativity that goes into commercials! Some of them are just plain fun to watch!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by suzhc:
    I don't think that's weird at all - we love the creativity that goes into commercials! Some of them are just plain fun to watch! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I like pretty much all of the Geico ads, I like them even more because they don't even sell insurance in my state, so I can watch and not even be tempted to call

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShoreMark:
    Yes, but that beagle looks either demented or like he may be possessed
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That darned Gecko looks too smug if you ask me. Someone needs to smack that smirk off his face.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread